Barnsley staying up!

Redhelen

Saint Jambo
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Decision to sack Stendel vindicated!!

Indeed. Despite the claims that Stendel was entirely faultless for their form early in the season and that no one could have done better with the players available, Barnsley's form was much better after they sacked him. Same thing happened at Hannover. Let's hope it happens at Hearts too.

The re-start and conclusion of the Championship certainly puts a hole in the argument their was any so-called sporting integrity to points-per-games completions to seasons.

11 hours ago, Redhelen said:

Really didnt seem likely but we've done it!! 

I know most of you on here wont care but for those who wished us luck thank you

You reds!!

Congrats Helen. So sorry it didn't work out for Our Daniel at Hearts. Vast majority of us were willing him to succeed and my gut was he would have.

Hope your asshat owner lets you be a football club.

Harry Potter

You reds!!

well done.

10 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Both us and Luton would have down if the EFL was run by buffoons like the SPL but we’re staying up pending an appeal. 

Sheffield Wednesday facing possible points deduction too. 

I can't see Wigan winning their appeal.

Well done. 

12 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Indeed. Despite the claims that Stendel was entirely faultless for their form early in the season and that no one could have done better with the players available, Barnsley's form was much better after they sacked him. Same thing happened at Hannover. Let's hope it happens at Hearts too.

The re-start and conclusion of the Championship certainly puts a hole in the argument their was any so-called sporting integrity to points-per-games completions to seasons.

Barnsley did a Hamilton and won their last 2 games.

Cut it a bit fine to be making big praise of their set up. 

Stendel could easily have kept them up too. 

Tommy Brown

Maybe he might be more likely to come to you. I'm not sure Struber sees him as part of the  championship squad 

I posted that yesterday. Could not see you winning at Brentford, amazing result.

Would love to see Toby back in maroon.

Saint Jambo
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Barnsley did a Hamilton and won their last 2 games.

Cut it a bit fine to be making big praise of their set up. 

Stendel could easily have kept them up too. 

Hardly big praise of their set up to say their form was significantly better after they sacked Stendel. Remember they'd take 6 points from their 11 games under him this season. Arguing he could easily have kept them up is like arguing if we had kept Levein he could easily have had us top 6 this season. It is possible but there is absolutely no evidence to back that up.

The wideheld belief that Stendel is a great manager off the back of a promotion from league one in England still strikes me as bizarre.

6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Hardly big praise of their set up to say their form was significantly better after they sacked Stendel. Remember they'd take 6 points from their 11 games under him this season. Arguing he could easily have kept them up is like arguing if we had kept Levein he could easily have had us top 6 this season. It is possible but there is absolutely no evidence to back that up.

The wideheld belief that Stendel is a great manager off the back of a promotion from league one in England still strikes me as bizarre.

Barnsley only got out of bottom 3 last game.

Thanks only to Wigan's points deduction.

Suddenly their manager is brilliant. 

Saint Jambo
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You've definitely killed that strawman.

6 points from 11 games. 43 points from 35 games (or even 37 from 33 if you want to discount the last two games). Clearly significantly better form. There really isn't a debate to be had on this, the facts should speak for themselves.

John mcCartney

Oakwell done Helen
Darren Gough will sound delighted on Talksport later today on Durham`s show no doubt.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
15 hours ago, Redhelen said:

You reds!!

As a Hearts suppporter living in the wild heights of Crookes in Sheffield, with a son who's a Blades/Hearts supporter, I'm very pleased for the Tykes.  I want all South Yorkshire teams to be successful.  When not watching Hearts, I go and see Hallam FC (so I clearly can't be a glory hunter!).

Gordon Ramsay

They only stayed up cause of Wigans points deduction 🤣

Hardly something to celebrate.

All a bit Hibs. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Auld Reekin'
28 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

They only stayed up cause of Wigans points deduction 🤣

Hardly something to celebrate.

All a bit Hibs. 

Yeah, I'd certainly be devastated to have take the same if, say... oh, I don't know... um... for example, St. Mirren were to tragically have gone belly-up at some stage before last season was curtailed. Nope, wouldn't have celebrated at all, and I'd only accept it with the heaviest of hearts and a lingering sense of unease about the terrible unfairness of it all...

:yas: :jambobanana: :4_1_111: :653: :HeartsManspotrun: :sweeet:

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not brilliant just better than his predecessor!

Japan Jambo
17 hours ago, Redhelen said:

You reds!!

nice, well done!

N Lincs Jambo

@Redhelen and @nightmare firstly congratulations on your survival and all the best for next season. 👍

I well remember you both coming on this forum to congratulate us on securing Stendel and to wish us well for the future. You both said that Stendel would get us playing a very attractive attacking football which he did, sometimes though without the end product. Some average SPL managers managed to suss him out very quickly though and counterattacked us at will scoring easy goals and easy wins. He did leave us though with superb wins over both Hibs and Rangers and had Covid not struck I believe we would have turned Hibs over easily in the semi at Hampden (Hibs don't like playing us there :) ). I also think we would have stayed up.

Anyway my question is that now your new manager is established and has kept you up, would Barnsley fans still want him out and Stendel back?

4 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

@Redhelen and @nightmare firstly congratulations on your survival and all the best for next season. 👍

I well remember you both coming on this forum to congratulate us on securing Stendel and to wish us well for the future. You both said that Stendel would get us playing a very attractive attacking football which he did, sometimes though without the end product. Some average SPL managers managed to suss him out very quickly though and counterattacked us at will scoring easy goals and easy wins. He did leave us though with superb wins over both Hibs and Rangers and had Covid not struck I believe we would have turned Hibs over easily in the semi at Hampden (Hibs don't like playing us there :) ). I also think we would have stayed up.

Anyway my question is that now your new manager is established and has kept you up, would Barnsley fans still want him out and Stendel back?

In all honesty probably not. Things move on.  I'm still gutted that he wasn't given the chance and backing to have a full season in the championship.  I'm convinced he'd have had us comfortably mid table. Which is where we should be next season as long as the board dont pull the rug from under our manager now! I hope you do well with Neilson but I bet Daniel is gutted he didn't get to continue the cup run with you.

13 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

We were unbeaten at home that season. Bear in mind he was new to the country and new to English football.  When the board allowed the new manager an experienced defender in January it made all the difference.  I rate Stendel and I rate Struber. They can both be good. But for a fans manager I would always want Stendel,  he knew where we were coming from.

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

We were unbeaten at home that season. Bear in mind he was new to the country and new to English football.  When the board allowed the new manager an experienced defender in January it made all the difference.  I rate Stendel and I rate Struber. They can both be good. But for a fans manager I would always want Stendel,  he knew where we were coming from.

Is it possible that the relegation places could yet change. Did I not read somewhere that Wigan are presently shown as being bottom three, but that includes a 15 point deduction which they are challenging and I think is due to be heard next Friday, 31 July.

hmfc_liam06
8 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Piss off

To the point, well said.

The two Barnsley fans have been a great addition to the board, more so than some Hearts fans on here. Let them share their excitement at avoiding relegation.

colinmaroon
On 22/07/2020 at 22:04, Redhelen said:

You reds!!

Congratulations!

11 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Is it possible that the relegation places could yet change. Did I not read somewhere that Wigan are presently shown as being bottom three, but that includes a 15 point deduction which they are challenging and I think is due to be heard next Friday, 31 July.

They've gone into administration.  In the EFL every club agreed that that resulted in an automatic 12 point deduction for the season they entered administration.  I really can't see their appeal winning as it's one of the clearer rules. Hope the ruling for you guys is positive  today. Us and Luton looked gone before lockdown, and we were 7 points adrift.  Given you were only 4 I think you'd have at least got 11th place.

11 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Shed. Who gives a ****

Move it to the Shed, which is for all non football discussions, just because Restonbabe doesn’t give a ****.

That’s quite an opinion you have of yourself :fonzie:

On topic: Congratulations to Barnsley on staying up.

Points deduction is for next season but subject to appeal. Will be controversial it's not being applied to this season which would have saved Charlton. Wigan appeal over points deduction still to be heard. 

Edited by Mikey1874

It almost seems pointless for Charlton to challenge a decision already made.  If it's anything like the SFA/SPFL arbitration it's game over.  Sheff Wed will accept it and move on no doubts.

Edited by HMFC01

• 2 months later...
Midloth_Iain

Unlikely their hierarchy would sanction Stendel returning, even though (I presume) their fans would love that to happen