Peter Haring

Clerry Jambo

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Agree with all of this.

Sellik's equaliser came from a gap in the area where Haring was playing.

Hopefully if he is fit enough to be involved this season he could be used for an hour and not play in every game to give him a chance to slowly get back to the level he was at.Even if he is only able to reach 80-90% he'd still be better than anything else we have in midfield

Yep if he manages 80% of effort for 75% of this years games without breaking down. That will be a result. 

Franksluckypants

Hairing could well be the difference between gubbing and just progressing past the wee team in the semi-final🙂

If all fit healthy & in form the potential mid and attack looks pretty good I recon! 

Roberts, Lee (or D'amour), with Hairing as the anchor man, walker, with Naismith & Boyce up front.

Out of form/ injuries...perhaps not so much! 

Delighted to hear he is doing well. Hopefully he'll take his time and gets a few games under his belt. Would be fantastic if he ever has issues with this injury again. 

20 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Delighted to hear he is doing well. Hopefully he'll take his time and gets a few games under his belt. Would be fantastic if he ever has issues with this injury again. 

Really?

22 hours ago, Franksluckypants said:

Hairing could well be the difference between gubbing and just progressing past the wee team in the semi-final🙂

If all fit healthy & in form the potential mid and attack looks pretty good I recon! 

Roberts, Lee (or D'amour), with Hairing as the anchor man, walker, with Naismith & Boyce up front.

Out of form/ injuries...perhaps not so much! 

With any luck this joker will be nowhere near our club by the time this game is played. We will have  out new midfielder on display hopefully by then.

So far, my best guess if Haring gets fit enough for a starting spot would be...

Gordon

Smith                      Berra Halkett             Garrucio

Haring

Irving

Walker                   Naismith                  Ginelly

Boyce

Bench: Lee, White, Brandon, Roberts, Bobby, Cochrane, McDonald, Moore, 

14 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Gordon

Haring

Irving

Boyce

If that line-up and bench can't get us out of the Championship in gig-time there's something wrong.

17 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Gordon

Haring

Irving

Boyce

Would expect Walker to play more centrally, probably just as back up to Naismith. Ginnelly on the right and Frear on the left perhaps? Walker has zero pace, and it looks like the wide men we are signing are all whippets.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

If that line-up and bench can't get us out of the Championship in gig-time there's something wrong.

Absolutely...that side should absolutely rinse the championship. You could see another 21 point winning margin like 2015...although that might be unrealistic considering the shorter campaign. I really cannot envisage any significant challenge.

Franksluckypants
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

With any luck this joker will be nowhere near our club by the time this game is played. We will have  out new midfielder on display hopefully by then.

Re Damour - I get what you're saying! The match at Tynie v the wee teamers he was awful. How much time did he think he'd get on the ball? V the Rangers at Tynie he was fine. Overall though the return rate for how much he has undoubtedly cost us has been really poor.

Frustrating thing is he had about 2 or 3 good matches all last season, but in those games showed he can play. If he didn't have the motivation or inclination to play to his (questionable) capabilities throughout the season then, what's the chances in a league down? I rate Lee higher, though as others have commented, he ain't the quickest. Irving hopefully improving as well.

Haring is our stand out midfielder and if all on form, with Haring back, we look a decent team! If there are injuries or loss of form to 1 or 2, then we'd really struggle.

5 hours ago, cb1874 said:

Gordon

Haring

Irving

Boyce

Swap garrucio for white, I feel he offers more with his pace.

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, superjack said:

Swap garrucio for white, I feel he offers more with his pace.

An absolute myth that White has pace,maybe he did 7 years ago but he certainly ain't fast now.

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

An absolute myth that White has pace,maybe he did 7 years ago but he certainly ain't fast now.

Utter nonsense . He's pacy

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Utter nonsense . He's pacy

White is finished,as a top level footballer his body is not up to it.He is weak and miles and miles off the pace of the game.

16 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

White is finished,as a top level footballer his body is not up to it.He is weak and miles and miles off the pace of the game.

Bit harsh. He came to us not having played for something like 2 years with awful injuries. Got fit..ish. Then flitted in and out of the team last season without a decent run in the side. 

Now with plenty of rest, a full, extended pre-season and we may start to see more of the previous player. I certainly hope so. A player of his capabilities should stroll the championship...we don't need a team of Messi's and Pirlo's to win the championship...if he still struggles physically in the coming season, then I'd agree with you.

10 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Bit harsh. He came to us not having played for something like 2 years with awful injuries. Got fit..ish. Then flitted in and out of the team last season without a decent run in the side. 

Now with plenty of rest, a full, extended pre-season and we may start to see more of the previous player. I certainly hope so. A player of his capabilities should stroll the championship...we don't need a team of Messi's and Pirlo's to win the championship...if he still struggles physically in the coming season, then I'd agree with you.

But he does have pace

Can't believe anyone who has actually watched him thinks otherwise