COVID 19

Deevers

OmiyaHearts
5 hours ago, downunder jambo said:

Thanks. Melbourne is going to level 4 restrictions from tonight - basically shutting down for the next 6 weeks! Really tough on businesses which had only recently re-opened after the previous restrictions. Aged Care homes are also "dangerous" places to be there too!

Stay safe everyone!

I have family in Melbourne so been keeping an eye on it, can see curfews being hard to manage but hopefully people remain sensible and do the right thing.

In Japan, specifically Tokyo, the spread seems to have moved to the younger age groups now and not having as much impact on the old. People are going to pubs and restaurants as normal, no social distancing in place. They only had a 3 week 'lockdown' which wasn't really a proper lockdown.

They're paying for it now, with average 300 cases in Tokyo alone on a daily basis. It just shows that even when you think you're on top of it, take your eye off the ball and its hard to keep control. 

At the football, even allowing up to 5k fans per game, the averages are way below, hitting max 2k attendances. People are very wary of going to the stadiums but will crowd a pub to watch on the TV.

Hopefully having two tests a week in Scotland will keep things working well here but i just don't see us avoiding another increase. But from my experience, people seem to be doing the right thing, locally and the city centre. So maybe its just unavoidable, whatever steps are taken.

On another note, talking about Juanma, he had been very much the same in Japan as he was with us, good first half of the season, poor second half. Seen him a few times with Omiya and it was frustrating, good movement and finishing but a real lack of desire.