COVID 19

Deevers

I hear that Hubs closed door friendly yesterday against Ross County was called off at the last minute, because the COVID 19 test results for the players were not available before the match was due to start.  Such a shame Ross County travelled all that way for nothing.

It shows the difficulties that are going to be on the horizon with all of this though.

Edited by Deevers

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

I hear that Hubs closed door friendly yesterday against Ross County was called off at the last minute, because the COVID 19 test results for the players were not available before the match was due to start.  Such a shame Ross County travelled all that way for nothing.

I shows the difficulties that are going to be on the horizon with all of this though.

Least they were going through the proper procedures, lessons learned.

17 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Least they were going through the proper procedures, lessons learned.

They were, however it’s shows the difficulties and the potential pitfalls with this. Imagine the fallout with this happening  just before a televised match. Obviously lessons to be learned. 

Harry Potter
10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

They were, however it’s shows the difficulties and the potential pitfalls with this. Imagine the fallout with this happening  just before a televised match. Obviously lessons to be learned. 

As the hobos always said, its work in progress, 

3fingersreid

They’ll be shouting about being the first team to have a game cancelled because they didn’t have the Covid kit .

As to ross county , ha ha ha hope it cost a tidy sum 

maroonlegions
45 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

So sad that Ross County suffered in any way.

That's very christian of you  to say.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

No problems at all in England. 

The problems  all appear to have been at the Hibs end if things.

The problems  all appear to have been at the Hibs end if things.

Do you know exactly why it went wrong?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Do you know exactly why it went wrong?

I was  told that Hibs players test results had not come back from the Laboratory in time.

Edited by Deevers

I was  told that Hibs players test results had not come back from the Laboratory in time.

Most likely because they picked up a whole host of other viruses.

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Seems strange. Was more wondering if they were late giving samples or if it was the labs fault. If the season starts and labs can’t guarantee results back in time there could be big problems ahead. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Probably bought cheap testing facilities. Scaffs. 

Stolen from the pound shop in all likelihood.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Seems strange. Was more wondering if they were late giving samples or if it was the labs fault. If the season starts and labs can’t guarantee results back in time there could be big problems ahead. 

Certainly my feeling. If this is an indication of what’s ahead there might be real problems on the horizon. Availability of testing kits or not, the problems will with the ability of the testing labs to get the results back promptly.   Multiply  that by the number of teams looking to have these results back promptly and efficiently. 

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Certainly my feeling. If this is an indication of what’s ahead there might be real problems on the horizon. Availability of testing kits or not, the problems will with the ability of the testing labs to get the results back promptly.   Multiply  that by the number of teams looking to have these results back promptly and efficiently. 

Yep. Could be a worrying development.

manaliveits105
15 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I was  told that Hibs players test results had not come back from PERU  in time.

Jack Torrance
29 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Maybe the Dick Vet in Roslin had a day off.

Perth to Paisley

On a Sportsound the Aberdeen boss said a team had let them down during the week for s game...wouldn't name them.

I heard it was Hibs but can't confirm

I was told that they had a break in and all the needles and spoons were stolen.

Heart goes out to County, hopefully there 3 fans will come together and march to the capital to pay for the losses

Edited by Jambo92

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

1 hour ago, Homme said:

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Stolen from the pound shop in all likelihood.

42 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Maybe the Dick Vet in Roslin had a day off.

4 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I was told that they had a break in and all the needles and spoons were stolen.

Fact is, they simply tried to save a few bob by using up the testing kits they keep for handing out to their fans for after a family get-together.

20200719_115423.jpg

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Asda Pharmacy at The Jewel.   

colinmaroon
4 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

That's very christian of you  to say.

I know!

As I've said before forgiveness comes with repentance and not a sign of it but, I am sorry that County will suffer for the bile of their owner.  It is so sad!

millerjames398
5 hours ago, Homme said:

Or a whole lot of there drug addictions came up on the results, and the teams been whisked awat to the betty Ford clinic😂🇱🇻

AlphonseCapone
On 19/07/2020 at 09:21, Deevers said:

It shows the difficulties that are going to be on the horizon with all of this though.

The results can take up to 24 hours and they carried out the tests on the Friday before a Saturday game. 

The only difficulties is the mental capacity of people associated with Hibernian FC. 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The results can take up to 24 hours and they carried out the tests on the Friday before a Saturday game. 

The only difficulties is the mental capacity of people associated with Hibernian FC. 

They've probably laid off the person that would have previously done that sort of thing. 

38 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Miss counted what 24 hours means

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53463252

That is the most Hibs thing ever :rofl: 

P.S. Why are they moving it to a Thursday now, for Saturday games?  They still don't know what 24 hours looks like!  Just tell the players to report for testing at 9am on a Friday.  Even if it takes a couple of hours, they'll have results by midday on the Saturday.

Jambo 4 Ever
On 19/07/2020 at 15:03, colinmaroon said:

I know!

As I've said before forgiveness comes with repentance and not a sign of it but, I am sorry that County will suffer for the bile of their owner.  It is so sad!

"Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. Ephesians" 5:4

William H. Bonney
17 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

"Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. Ephesians" 5:4

**** church. 

That is what I read although why would they wait until the day before their match to submit the tests.

They only have to be tested once per week so why wait until the last minute.

The results are usually available within 24 hours but might have been a wise move to do it a day earlier.

On 19/07/2020 at 10:17, Boy Daniel said:

County bought their own testing equipment and would have been ready. 

So travelling all that way and the match was called off... how were they taking their medicine then ?

On 19/07/2020 at 21:47, Homme said:

That's right.  Hibs tests probably take days.  Who knows what they find.

Anyway.

Notice of complaint due for Hibs.

Messing up the carefully developed provisions for the safe restart of football. 

18 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

That's right.  Hibs tests probably take days.  Who knows what they find.

Absolutely riddled. 

• 2 weeks later...
OmiyaHearts

In Japan today, the Omiya v Fukuoka match was canceled 2 hours before kick off in J2, as a Fukuoka player result came back positive. They leave their testing to the latest point, to ensure they're not caught out, which can mean cancellations at short notice.

Btw Fukuoka is Juanma's team (he played for Omiya previously) but this is the 3rd cancelled game in a week for J League football.

Despite getting plenty of negative tests for weeks, it seems to be creeping into the game a lot more now and it makes we wonder if the same will happen here, as the testing process is not as rigid.

For example, a referee here only needs a negative test 7 days before doing a match. Surely that leaves a lot of room for error, as they'll be going to work, shops, training etc all between testing and then matchday.

It's likely that by the time a postive test is discovered, the player or ref will have already played a game, the knock on effect could be massive. Anyway, my point is, I think SPFL is going to have to test officials closer to matchday, or risk making a complete balls up of it, scewing any chance of supporters getting back in to the stadiums.

30 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

In Japan today, the Omiya v Fukuoka match was canceled 2 hours before kick off in J2, as a Fukuoka player result came back positive. They leave their testing to the latest point, to ensure they're not caught out, which can mean cancellations at short notice.

Btw Fukuoka is Juanma's team (he played for Omiya previously) but this is the 3rd cancelled game in a week for J League football.

Despite getting plenty of negative tests for weeks, it seems to be creeping into the game a lot more now and it makes we wonder if the same will happen here, as the testing process is not as rigid.

For example, a referee here only needs a negative test 7 days before doing a match. Surely that leaves a lot of room for error, as they'll be going to work, shops, training etc all between testing and then matchday.

It's likely that by the time a postive test is discovered, the player or ref will have already played a game, the knock on effect could be massive. Anyway, my point is, I think SPFL is going to have to test officials closer to matchday, or risk making a complete balls up of it, scewing any chance of supporters getting back in to the stadiums.

Watching all of this with interest. Another spike in infections will cause all sorts of problems here.  I have a feeling that the Premiership will eventually have a curtailed programme as well and there will be lots of games called off - some of them at short notice. None of this is going to sort it’s self out satisfactorily until when and if a vaccine becomes available to combat the virus. As for the SPFLs resilience on all of this - well history has shown us that they are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike when it comes down to brass tacks. 

downunder jambo

No-one can afford to become complacent about Covid-19. After looking like it was on top of the virus with extremely low rates of infection for many weeks now Melbourne is about to go into total lockdown for the next 6 week. It appears they are having a "second wave" - all due to a huge explosion in the number of new Covid-19 cases and a large increase in Covid related deaths. It has also spread up here to Sydney again as well and we are desperately trying to avoid the same large numbers as Melbourne! Just when things were slowly heading back to some sort of normality!

So we can't be too careful

I can't see fans being allowed back in grounds for ages, and when they are it will probably be only small numbers for quite some time.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, downunder jambo said:

No-one can afford to become complacent about Covid-19. After looking like it was on top of the virus with extremely low rates of infection for many weeks now Melbourne is about to go into total lockdown for the next 6 week. It appears they are having a "second wave" - all due to a huge explosion in the number of new Covid-19 cases and a large increase in Covid related deaths. It has also spread up here to Sydney again as well and we are desperately trying to avoid the same large numbers as Melbourne! Just when things were slowly heading back to some sort of normality!

So we can't be too careful

I can't see fans being allowed back in grounds for ages, and when they are it will probably be only small numbers for quite some time.

Saw that on the news this morning. Been aching for it all to end, vaccine is only way out I think now. 

Take care. 

downunder jambo
16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Saw that on the news this morning. Been aching for it all to end, vaccine is only way out I think now. 

Take care. 

Thanks. Melbourne is going to level 4 restrictions from tonight - basically shutting down for the next 6 weeks! Really tough on businesses which had only recently re-opened after the previous restrictions. Aged Care homes are also "dangerous" places to be there too!

Stay safe everyone!