Standard Liege 1992

Skippy Doodle

Stuart Lyon

Yes me and my mate went to the away game going by car and ferry. For some unknown reason we booked a hotel in Antwerp so had to get a train to Liege. All went well until we tried to leave the stadium when we were stopped by police obviously wanting to avoid rival fans meeting after the game. Luckily managed to convince them we needed to catch a train (the last one that night) back to Antwerp. Made it to the train station by the skin of our teeth. Great trip despite the result! Ferry entertainment was brilliant!

Forza Cuore

After the match in Belgium I got split up from the guys I'd travelled with.

There had been a fair amount of aggro in the town on the day of the match and the Police were penning the Hearts fans in.

I managed to walk off in the opposite direction across a bridge over the river, along with Standard fans. Had no clue where I was but had a general idea what direction I needed to go.

After about 20 minutes saw a tiny pub on a corner and went in for a beer.

There was 2 other Jambos in there already and one of them had a cassette tape with Hearts songs on that he'd given the barman. Bit if a sing song with the locals for an hour or so.

One of the younger locals, who had his leg in a cast, could speak a wee bit of English. He offered to ger his girlfriend to take us back to the city centre as we were quite a distance away.

The girlfriend came we all piled into a tiny car...steaming drunk still singing.

Into the city centre and the Belgian guy suggests a nightclub...so of course we all agreed.

Last thing I remember from that night is trying to lift my head off the bar in the club, knowing nobody and being put out onto the street at closing time.

Somehow managed to find our hostel and luckily the wee bar downstairs still open and slept on a couch. 

Miss Euro trips.

The White Cockade

Yes I was there with a few of the Ace of Hearts boys we flew over for a few days

Shared a room with big Moose

therefsajambo

Me n my bro headed over to that. Only 17 n 18. Can remember ma dad giving us a run thro from Stirling gutted that he wasn't going. Think it was the green tree bus n ferry. 

Ma bro took a "whitey" before we were out the country. Wee fud. 

Got there and had all day to kill. Jumped in a taxi and asked the driver to take us where we'd get drink and women, described by doing a fake glass to the mouth and rubbing the zip on ma jeans. 

Must've looked a right dick. 

Can recall being in a bar with loads of hearts songs on a tape, meeting a Leeds fan who was a student there, walking round a fairground eating a burger getting stalked fae the  locals and a bit of trouble. Was  there Chelsea fans around? 

Met up with some other Sirling Hearts boys at the game, straight hame after game. Wee fud slept all the way home. 

Great days