The Loaning out of players

Blindheart

The SPFL is considering changing rules to allow Premiership clubs to loan two players to other top-flight teams, and up to four to those in the Championship.(Sun + BBC)

Now who will benefit from this? Hamilton, St. Mirren, etc.???-I think not! But Celtic and Rangers (of course) - who will no doubt profit from loaning out players they don't really need but who they bought from other competitors to prevent them from doing well! 

Another example of the corrupt ways of the SPFL/SFA.

Edited by Blindheart

I have not read any of the reports but my 1st thoughts are as follows:

Celtic and Rangers could in theory loan a total of 20 players each to 10 teams in the SPL @ 2 per club. * They will not loan to each other*

Celtic and Rangers could in theory loan a total of 40 players each to the 10 teams in the SPFL Championship @ 4 per club.

Celtic and Rangers therefore could have 30 players each out on loan to clubs in the top 2 divisions in Scotland.

An example could be that Dundee  have 8 players from the Old Firm in their starting line up each week as could Raith Rovers.

I doubt that this will happen but they do like to control the game up here.

Why would they both have about 60 players on their books at a time everyone is cost cutting to cover this?’ It’s clearly to help clubs who right now can’t afford to hand contracts out. 

Edited by Last Laff

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why would they both have about 60 players on their books at a time everyone is cost cutting to cover this?’ It’s clearly to help clubs who right now can’t afford to hand contracts out. 

Am I correct in thinking that you are of the opinion that Celtic and Rangers "may be" prepared to assist other clubs in a magnanimous gesture to help Scottish Football in its' time of need?

5 minutes ago, EH23-Jambo said:

Dundee will likely get 4 Celtic players on loan.....

They could also get 4 from Rangers, 4 from Aberdeen , and 4 from Hibs making a total of 16. That makes a complete 1st team and 5 subs. 

So now we get the OF competing to loan players to opposition in knowledge they are strengthening teams against all the opposition but weakening them against themselves...Is someone really congratulating himself on this idea? Makes a massive difference if you can get 2 players playing at each of Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell...

Boyces beard

My thinking is that this is a direct result of the Colts team idea getting no support during the reconstruction fiasco.

49 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Am I correct in thinking that you are of the opinion that Celtic and Rangers "may be" prepared to assist other clubs in a magnanimous gesture to help Scottish Football in its' time of need?

Nah.  More likely other clubs.  

OmiyaHearts

It should help Partick. As no one is going to loan them players, so at least they can have 4 of ours. 

I don't have an issue with this tbh. Many young players could be out the game, if they don't have the opportunity for a loan.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Yet another farce in the soap opera that is Scottish Football. In reality there are very few teams who have the abundance of spare players to allow them this possible new rule.

What should happen if this is the case is an American style draft facility where any teams wishing to use loan players should state what positions they need and any teams looking loan out their players should then provide a list of players available that all go into one big pot. As per the American system the teams who get to choose first are those finishing lowest from the previous season and there needs to be restrictions on how many loan players are in each team on a matchday plus there needs to be no side agreements as to cup games ect, if you have a loan player then they should be available for all games even if that includes being against the owner club. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, 7628mm said:

I have not read any of the reports but my 1st thoughts are as follows:

Celtic and Rangers could in theory loan a total of 20 players each to 10 teams in the SPL @ 2 per club. * They will not loan to each other*

Celtic and Rangers could in theory loan a total of 40 players each to the 10 teams in the SPFL Championship @ 4 per club.

Celtic and Rangers therefore could have 30 players each out on loan to clubs in the top 2 divisions in Scotland.

An example could be that Dundee  have 8 players from the Old Firm in their starting line up each week as could Raith Rovers.

I doubt that this will happen but they do like to control the game up here.

Numbers wise yes, I don’t think they’ll have that many and I’m sure FIFA are brining in rules due to clubs like Chelsea hoarding and loaning out so many players. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/new-rules-fifa-put-cap-on-loan-deals-limit-to-go-down-further-in-2022/view/news/355880

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

Basically another rule to help the uglies since their colt teams idea failed. I sincerely hope we won’t loan any players to teams who have voted against recently. 

The Old Tolbooth

Just another made up rule to benefit the only two teams who really matter in this league, it's such a pathetic tinpot set up in Scotland! 

Bunny Munro

Loaning players really needs cut down.

Hibs wouldn't have won the Scottish cup without Henderson (two assists) and Stokes (two goals). Only one of those could be argued is a 'development' loan.

Hibs would have been far less likely to win promotion the year after without Commons and Ambrose.

5 hours ago, Blindheart said:

The SPFL is considering changing rules to allow Premiership clubs to loan two players to other top-flight teams, and up to four to those in the Championship.(Sun + BBC)

Now who will benefit from this? Hamilton, St. Mirren, etc.???-I think not! But Celtic and Rangers (of course) - who will no doubt profit from loaning out players they don't really need but who they bought from other competitors to prevent them from doing well! 

Another example of the corrupt ways of the SPFL/SFA.

FFS... we need to stop loans within the same division, not look to increase it.

1 hour ago, Portable Badger said:

Didn’t ICT loan 6 players to Fort William?   Or do I have the wrong number in my head?

It was 9 from their youth squad, and Fort William hadn't won a game in something like 800 days prior to them arriving :laugh:

Fitba' broke my Heart
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

FFS... we need to stop loans within the same division, not look to increase it.

Spot on, I hate this practice.

It is only beaten by buying a player then loaning him back to the club he came from to finish the season but he cannot play against the team that bought him.

I blinking well hate that.

18 minutes ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

Spot on, I hate this practice.

It is only beaten by buying a player then loaning him back to the club he came from to finish the season but he cannot play against the team that bought him.

I blinking well hate that.

It’s ludicrous, every year we gleefully hammer more nails in to the coffin of the simple and beautiful game. :( 

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, kila said:

It was 9 from their youth squad, and Fort William hadn't won a game in something like 800 days prior to them arriving :laugh:

Possibly all players were later released by ICT.

Sure I heard this on Sportsound.

On 16/07/2020 at 14:10, Bunny Munro said:

Loaning players really needs cut down.

Hibs wouldn't have won the Scottish cup without Henderson (two assists) and Stokes (two goals). Only one of those could be argued is a 'development' loan.

Hibs would have been far less likely to win promotion the year after without Commons and Ambrose.

Hibs wouldn’t have been humped in the Final of Finals had they not had a team of players on loan they couldn’t afford.

Works both ways, that team couldn’t give a toss about playing for Fenlon or winning the cup for the wee team

Don’t want to see us loaning players to teams like a Raith Rover or Ayr United or in fact to any of the lower league teams who tried to screw us.

Edited by Deevers