Press Conferences moving forward

tambothejambo

tambothejambo

Think the board need to take a serious look at what press are allowed back into Tynecastle when this sorry state of affairs has ended.

Keith Jackson and the Daily Record have just came out with another pro SFA, Anti Hearts / Partick article ( which I won’t even dignify copy and pasting )

The Sun, Record and a few others should be turned away at the front door if they even attempt to gain access for pressers or on game day.

Dallas Green

I'm pretty sure the DR didn't even send anyone when Robbie was unveiled.

Sooner these rags go under the better.

queensferryjambo

I am sure this has been discussed before.

The journalists who constantly lay into Hearts rarely even come near Tynecastle anyway.

As for Keith Jackson I doubt he would get out the ground alive...........

Selkirkhmfc1874

Would do away with press conferences going forward and just have hearts tv and our website giving us all the news and live interviews with our manager/players etc

I disagree. 
Invite them all in.

Be polite & cordial.

Give them free coffee’s, teas, pastries & biscuits.

Then Refuse to answer a single question from the DR, the Scum, The National (I had hope for that paper but its a just a celtic wankfest) & any other media outlet thats shafted us.
Give them NOTHING & tell them why whilst answering all questions from Hearts friendly reporters & Hearts TV. 
Then on their way out the door, tell them to NEVER darken our dior again. 

30 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I disagree. 
Invite them all in.

Be polite & cordial.

Then Refuse to answer a single question from the DR, the Scum, The National (I had hope for that paper but its a just a celtic wankfest) & any other media outlet thats shafted us.
Give them NOTHING & tell them why whilst answering all questions from Hearts friendly reporters & Hearts TV. 

I must admit I didn't expect to see you ever post that!

In these days of the social media we don’t need any of these over inflated tossers anywhere near us. Just don’t invite them, don’t give them facilities and ignore them.

Nookie Bear

Let the vloggers and bloggers in instead. These guys seem young, keen to learn and aren’t subservient to their Glasgow bosses. 

12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I must admit I didn't expect to see you ever post that!

Look at the back 5 pages on any given day. 
Articles on:

celtic

celtic

celtic

Scotland but a celtic player

rangers

celtic

ex celtic player/manger’s opinion on a potential celtic signing.

celtic

Hearts/Partick but opinion from an ex-celtic player.

hibs

celtic.

Its shite!

Edited by Pans Jambo

What was it Rangers did to annoy the BBC again? Maybe we can do the same so they'll **** off from Tynecastle on match days.

My main concern is closing the doors completely will just give them free scope to print complete nonsense, not that they really need it anyway. I don't see banning them actually harming them in anyway. Let's be real, what Hearts fan buys their papers to keep up to date with our club?

I get far more from JKB and Twitter than I've ever got from a red top.

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

What was it Rangers did to annoy the BBC again? Maybe we can do the same so they'll **** off from Tynecastle on match days.

They banned Chris McLaughlin from Ibrox so the BBC just don't send anyone there is solidarity with their reporter.

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

They banned Chris McLaughlin from Ibrox so the BBC just don't send anyone there is solidarity with their reporter.

Perfect. He's a creepy looking sort so should be nowhere near Tynecastle anyway 😀

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Perfect. He's a creepy looking sort so should be nowhere near Tynecastle anyway 😀

Hearts better be looking at banning several media organisation from Tynie soon.

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Welcome Allow them in, be hospitable neutral (so they can't accuse us of anything - not that it'll stop them). Then ignore their questions with a smile and good grace. Whilst letting them know that their questions will not be answered.

No free teas, coffees, pastries. Give them nothing - not even a chair.

BervieJambo
6 minutes ago, Boof said:

No free teas, coffees, pastries. Give them nothing - not even a chair.

No... lots of free teas, coffees & pastries... laced with heavy duty laxatives.

John Findlay

I wouldnt ban any newspaper or journalist. Why? To prove that Heart of Midlothian football club are the club with class. We rise above them. Our exclusives we break on the club website.

Dont ban any of them. Not banning them will confuse them. It wont stop them writing or printing what they want.

Do not bring ourselves down to their level. We Heart of Midlothian are far better than that.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I wouldnt ban any newspaper or journalist. Why? To prove that Heart of Midlothian football club are the club with class. We rise above them. Our exclusives we break on the club website.

Dont ban any of them. Not banning them will confuse them. It wont stop them writing or printing what they want.

Do not bring ourselves down to their level. We Heart of Midlothian are far better than that.

Good post John and very sensible indeed. Careful with these types of posts though as you’ll have the the usual jkb moon howlers confused 😉

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Welcome them in, be hospitable. Then ignore their questions with a smile and good grace. 

This, exactly as Liverpool do with the Sun

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm on this train. But we don't have to make things easy or comfortable for them.

Give them the bare minimum we are contractually obliged to and if the likes of Leckie et al do show up do NOT answer any questions they may have.

Allow the press, say, 10 questions and if Leckie uses one up knowing that the response will be "I will not be answering questions from you." then let his colleagues berate him for being an erse.

Petty? Or principled...I say the latter.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

My main concern is closing the doors completely will just give them free scope to print complete nonsense, not that they really need it anyway. I don't see banning them actually harming them in anyway. Let's be real, what Hearts fan buys their papers to keep up to date with our club?

I get far more from JKB and Twitter than I've ever got from a red top.

My old Mum called me in a panic after watching Reporting Scotland and their bit about the SFA charge. Told her JKB's take on events and she calmed down right away. 

She'd whack Doncaster with her handbag if she could get to him. Hates him. With a vengeance. 👜

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

This. Rise above it. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. 

Ex member of the SaS
4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I disagree. 
Invite them all in.

Be polite & cordial.

Rather than tea and pastries just lay lots of bananas on the table.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

My old Mum called me in a panic after watching Reporting Scotland and their bit about the SFA charge. Told her JKB's take on events and she calmed down right away. 

She'd whack Doncaster with her handbag if she could get to him. Hates him. With a vengeance. 👜

:lol: 

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Good post John and very sensible indeed. Careful with these types of posts though as you’ll have the the usual jkb moon howlers confused 😉

I think we are well within our rights to ban a number of journalists or publications from our premises. Hardly moon howling. 

credit card
5 hours ago, jonesy said:

Or up the game. Print and cover the walls with all of the negative, snide, fanzine 'journalism' these tubes have been churning out since March, blown up to massive size. Ask them to discuss their words.

This is bucketloads.....and broadcast it live free on Hearts TV. Journalists thrive on sensationalism except against them.  What a tremendous put down this would be. Imagine us being the tail that wags their dog. Delicious. So Keef you said this "rebel club", "dragging through courts" etc. Care to explain? Smile - you're on camera. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think we are well within our rights to ban a number of journalists or publications from our premises. Hardly moon howling. 

I think you’re totally right NB and there’s also an argument for both which divide opinion. There’s always a positive and negative outcome. JF’s post was very reasonable and outlined his thoughts on the positive side of things. Others have formed an opinion that can be construed as having a negative effect. Our CEO can be seen to be taking the pragmatic approach and one that suits our clubs agenda at the time, regardless of any opinion on here.  

The ‘moon howlers’ is referenced to all the posters who spout absolute vitriol about everything, (there are quite a few) and definitely not referenced to the decent poster like yourself NB 👍 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

You should be aware that  each title in the press is not necessarily independently owned. For example Reach plc ( formerly Trinity Mirror) owns a number of titles, among them, the Daily Record, Express, Mirror, & Star plus web-based media including Edinburgh Live & Glasgow live.

They can, and do, share content and journalists across these titles, and if you care to look, the similarity between the Record & Express is remarkable differing only in political comment, crosswords & Cartoons.

Always remember we do have friends in the print media, it's just that the big stories appear to be given to KJ  by his sport Editor to exaggerate the content to a gullible West Coast readership, on whom they depend mainly for their circulation.

So banning individual titles would be pointless, as they would turn up with press passes under the banner of any title in the group, except the Record.

Edited by argyjambo
Correction

6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Saw this earlier, but couldn't reply until now. 

I've said in the past that we should just ban them. The likes of the Daily Record has no business being considered journalism, however, you make a valid point.Banning them would only give them more fuel they are looking for. 

I still think they need to be slighted though. I think encouraging Independent journalists like that 4th official guy on Twitter or 'NotTheOldfirm' and essentially putting them ahead of the 'establishment media' would be enough of a slight to get our point across. It would be a good way to roll a negative into a positive whilst also giving credibility and air to these smaller outfits who are killing shitehouses like the record one article at a time. 

Shanks said no

If we are playing behind closed doors allow members of JKB in as the designated journalists and tell the media all available spaces are taken. 

On 15/07/2020 at 10:24, BervieJambo said:

No... lots of free teas, coffees & pastries... laced with heavy duty laxatives.

100% in agreement , it's all they deserve for all the Tom Kite they come out with about Hearts.