Supporting the national team?

Voxpop

Gordon Ramsay

Only had minimal interest in Scotland before all this. 

Now, completely gone.

We should refuse to send players on Scotland duty if any of our squad gets called up.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Last Laff

• Ainsley Harriott

• Chuck Berry

Top Posters In This Topic

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I hope they get humiliated in every game they play. I would even go as far as asking Naismith and Souttar not to make themselves available for selection.

Think that should be left to the players to decide if they want to play for Scotland or not.

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Think that should be left to the players to decide if they want to play for Scotland or not.

A gentle reminder from the fans about how the administrators of the national team are treating us wont go a miss.

Saint Jambo

Stopping supporting Scotland because you don't like the SFA would be like stopping supporting Hearts because you didn't like Robinson or Vlad. Doesn't make sense to me and I'll still be at Hampden for the play-off if we're allowed in.

been here before

Never really had that much of an interest in the national team. Ive only ever been to 4 or 5 Scotland games including only going to a couple because they were in Edinburgh.

As a bairn I could have named you every player, could probably still name most of the 78 WC squad now but as the years have passed it slowly diminished to the point here Nasmith aside I probably couldnt name more then 1 or 2.

I genuinelly have no idea what their last game was, the result or who they're playing next.

colinmaroon

Its not really about the team.  Its about the archaic cabal that is the SFA.

Just look at the level of CEO for example.  The likes of Fuhrer Ferry, Gordon Smith, Maxwell.  Filled with "Brechin-like" blazers.  A refereeing politburo, which operates under a cloak of darkness, according to their own rules, differing somewhat from the actual rules of Association Football. 

Changing the rules to hit Hearts under Vlad and this latest of "perfectly timed" protectionism of the "establishment."  And yet, when King came in at Ibrox, no sign of "fit and proper" person.

The timing and the time frame of this latest piece of blatant officialdom thuggery is a disgrace and i cant wait to see the MSSM leaping to our defence at this equivalent of sending the thugs to dissuade the witness from testifying against the Mafia bosses.

Although the degree is different, the exact same principle applies in Scottish football as in Hong Kong, with the new supreme leader in waiting, Comrade Llawell, ensuring the one party state rules. (Even the other half of the Bigot Brothers are all wind and no substance).

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN!!!

Grew up watching Robbo and Colquhoun continually overlooked for OF players and lost interest in the National team way back then. Nothing has changed that interest.

Would rather Hearts won a corner than Scotland won a game.

Will follow the fortunes of the team on the park via telly, wireless, internet but won't be paying for it,

As for Scotland merchandise? If I want a Scotland shirt there's plenty rugby kit available. In fact I'd rather get cricket, volleyball, curling... before putting a ha'penny into SFA coffers.

The political landscape in Scotland over the last 10 years has also influenced my interest in the national team. In fact the country in general. 

I used to go to watch our National team frequently and was always proud to watch the team walk out as we sang flower of Scotland . I’ve not been for a few years now and to be honest unless there is a hearts player involved I’m not likely to go back now the sfa have just sickened to my core.

Nobody is seriously going to sit and watch the football hoping Scotland get pumped at football while actually being Scottish :lol: 

People going on about actively supporting anyone that plays Scotland really comes over as a desperate attempt to be edgy imo. 

Personally, I’ve been fairly ambivalent towards the national team for the last 5 years or so. If they win, terrific; if not, a feeling of ‘same old’ that won’t cause me to lose any sleep. This will likely continue

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Is actually really :pleasing:when Scotland don’t qualify because all the SFA vermin lose their foreign junkets and other rodents don’t get to go either. Hearing Chuck Young greetin when they missed out a while back was :glorious:

Not quite up there with Sergio trolling him but a close second 

Smoked-Glass

Gotta support them when they are playing and they only play a few games a year.  

It's a good day in the pub.    Looking forward to the play offs

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Hope Israel or whoever it us they're playing next destroy the Glasgow National side.

You could have picked a more likeable nation than Israel to try and prove your point tbh :lol: 

Smoked-Glass
11 hours ago, Still Tynie said:

Definitely not I will support every team that plays against Scotland 

And even if England play them hope they hammer them 

Poor show. 

Those leigh griffis free kicks were awesome. 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

This thread has me thinking I've been diverted on to 'Bears Den'. 

Very sad behavior. 😕

It is a bit sad. But at the same time, given the lack of success of the national team for decades, it's all related to the blazers running the show and the job for the boys culture.

We need to burn the place to the ground and start fresh, preferably a long way from Glasgow.

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, kila said:

It is a bit sad. But at the same time, given the lack of success of the national team for decades, it's all related to the blazers running the show and the job for the boys culture.

We need to burn the place to the ground and start fresh, preferably a long way from Glasgow.

I was 35 years old before I saw Hearts win a major trophy. 1962 League Cup. I was born 1963. Scottish cup finals in 1968, 1976, 1986, 1996, then finally that day in May 1998, brilliantly followed by 2006, and 2012. Another losing final in 2019.

Two league cup finals 1996 and 2013, both lost. Out of ten major cup finals I've seen us lose 7 and win 3.

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Stopping supporting Scotland because you don't like the SFA would be like stopping supporting Hearts because you didn't like Robinson or Vlad. Doesn't make sense to me and I'll still be at Hampden for the play-off if we're allowed in.

Aye keep pumping your money in it will help them with their arbitration costs 

Ainsley Harriott

The Tartan Army are a cringe fest anyway with their silly wee feathers on their heads singing Doh a ****ing dear 

Psychedelicropcircle

Never attended a national game never will! 

hope they get hammered every game from now on. 

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Well said 

This wont prevent me from supporting Scotland home and away.

Malinga the Swinga

I want Scotland to win, but I don't make any real effort to watch games and I have no interest in hearing from manager, coaching staff or players. I don't understand supporters who trail round watching the utter pish that is produced on regular occasions and give themselves some sort of rank in 'Tartan army'.

Given the choice, Hearts before Scotland every day of the week.

18 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The Tartan Army are a cringe fest anyway with their silly wee feathers on their heads singing Doh a ****ing dear 

Is it just Scottish national dress you don't like ? 

Kilts and Glengarries are fairly low down the league of silliness when it comes to National dress. 

You sound as if you belong on another teams forum. 

14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I want Scotland to win, but I don't make any real effort to watch games and I have no interest in hearing from manager, coaching staff or players. I don't understand supporters who trail round watching the utter pish that is produced on regular occasions and give themselves some sort of rank in 'Tartan army'.

Given the choice, Hearts before Scotland every day of the week.

It’s more so supporters of smaller sides that want to go on the piss to random cities in the world.  Don’t really have a problem with them tbh away trips to Prague and Zagreb where the best trips ever supporting hearts for me. 

Ainsley Harriott
34 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Is it just Scottish national dress you don't like ? 

Kilts and Glengarries are fairly low down the league of silliness when it comes to National dress. 

You sound as if you belong on another teams forum. 

Theres plenty of tartan army forums if you prefer. Telling someone to get lost if they don't have the same love for the SFA national team

The Scottish International football team to me is a separate entity from the SFA. As a proud Scot I could never turn my back on my country’s team or wish it anything other than success. Having been a member of the travel club in its various guises, but no longer, some of the trips with the lads who follow the national team where some of the greatest holidays of my life, Germany 74 being the first and the best. Latterly most of the guys I was travelling with had stopped following club football or supported their local smaller club, a lot of them followed junior football. Most of them couldn’t be bothered with the tartan bunnet, kilt and pishing in the fountains mob. Most were very passionate about the game and knew what they were talking about without any prejudices. Very few Rangers or Celtic fans ever appeared on those trips, which made them all the better. Quite a lot of guys drifted away when it became apparent that the passion had gone out of the team and the players didn’t really give as much of a shit as the fans did

I draw the line at wishing the national team any ill will.

Edited by JimmyCant

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Hope Israel or whoever it us they're playing next destroy the Glasgow National side.

I’d back North Korea if it was a choice between them and OldFirmLand.

credit card

Was a Travel Club SSC member since 1998. At one point had the 10 away points (in Japan). Clocked up 60 away games and most home ones. Then they mucked about kick-off days and times (one of which meant the last train home was missed). They charged overpriced tickets. Then they made us queue for 4 hours in Israel to pick up tickets. - 5 hours in Albania to pick up a ticket that cost £2, then changed the points system. They employed spotty little Herbert's to run their twitter account saying how good they were and at the same time cocked up their ticketing system.  Now they have tried to do over Hearts MY club and after family MY life. Get it right up the SFA. No chance will they get anything from me ever again. 

Chuck Berry
16 hours ago, Voxpop said:

What’s people’s thoughts after the sfa wading in today?  I have been a member of the travel club for 30 years, been at world cups, euros. Thinking about telling them to shove it.

You support the team, not the SFA.

The Wrinkly Ninja
4 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

I do believe “ I’m not going back while (x) is in charge “ is a common line.

Whether people carry this out, or return when (x) leaves is a different matter.

I can happily say that I will not follow the national team while (Y*) are in charge.

* Y = the SFA

Edited by The Wrinkly Ninja

Smoked-Glass

Just go to the pub or watch it in your house if you've got the channel.  Not worth getting too worked up on.  

Chuck Berry
7 minutes ago, credit card said:

Was a Travel Club SSC member since 1998. At one point had the 10 away points (in Japan). Clocked up 60 away games and most home ones. Then they mucked about kick-off days and times (one of which meant the last train home was missed). They charged overpriced tickets. Then they made us queue for 4 hours in Israel to pick up tickets. - 5 hours in Albania to pick up a ticket that cost £2, then changed the points system. They employed spotty little Herbert's to run their twitter account saying how good they were and at the same time cocked up their ticketing system.  Now they have tried to do over Hearts MY club and after family MY life. Get it right up the SFA. No chance will they get anything from me ever again. 

You queued for 4 hours in Israel? I walked into the hotel, collected my ticket, and went back to the pub. There wasn't any queue. In fact, in the 20 years following Scotland, I can't think of spending much time queing for tickets at all.  Fairly certain tickets for Albania were sent out beforehand and there was hardly anyone selected to collect, primarily as the game wasn't in Tirana where most people were staying.

Also, UEFA decide dates and kick-off times, not the SFA.

Edited by Chuck Berry

Never cared much for the national team, never been to a Scotland game. Want them to win when playing but certainly does lose sleep over it if they don't.

N Lincs Jambo

I was a travel club member for around 15 years from 1990. Had some great away trips with Scotland. Likewise had some great away trips with Hearts. Hearts will always be my team and Scotland will always be my country. However if Hearts were to play a match against Scotland it would be club over country every time.

credit card
4 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

You queued for 4 hours in Israel? I walked into the hotel, collected my ticket, and went back to the pub. There wasn't any queue. In fact, in the 20 years following Scotland, I can't think of spending much time queing for tickets at all.  Fairly certain tickets for Albania were sent out beforehand and there was hardly anyone selected to collect, primarily as the game wasn't in Tirana where most people were staying.

Also, UEFA decide dates and kick-off times, not the SFA.

Deffo a farce in Israel. The SFA girls were 2 hours late setting up. You couldn't have picked your ticket up at the early slot then. Lucky you. Trust me it was a joke. Kind of embarrasing too with so many drunks hanging around a 4 star for that length of time making an erse of themselves. Albania was a 100% pick up in Tirana (queue snaked way outside the hotel) or at the stadium in Skhroder.  You are right about it not being the SFA that chose the days/kick-off times but deffo a reason for me saying the national team can do one now. #onlyhearts

Chuck Berry
11 minutes ago, credit card said:

Deffo a farce in Israel. The SFA girls were 2 hours late setting up. You couldn't have picked your ticket up at the early slot then. Lucky you. Trust me it was a joke. Kind of embarrasing too with so many drunks hanging around a 4 star for that length of time making an erse of themselves. Albania was a 100% pick up in Tirana (queue snaked way outside the hotel) or at the stadium in Skhroder.  You are right about it not being the SFA that chose the days/kick-off times but deffo a reason for me saying the national team can do one now. #onlyhearts

Definitely nobody at all queuing in Israel when I collected my ticket.  If I ever see much of a queue I normally go back later when it's quiet.  I now recall Albania having to collect - in the lobby of a fancy hotel - but don't recall much of a queue, maybe got lucky. Barely have to collect tickets at all these days.

I don't allow the SFA to affect whether I go to Scotland games or not.

Edited by Chuck Berry

7 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No interest in the national team anyway

This . Not for any other reason than I can’t be arsed with international football. HEARTS ONLY.

williamgerrard

As a current member who regular attends games home and away i am now torn i love going away with scotland the trips are gd but also so angry for whats happened to us so not sure what i will do now

Even 20 years of a rubbish NT has not changed the SFA...They just get the media to write about he Women's NT instead!

They do reports, inquiries, grassroots studies and nothing ever changes...Same old jobs for the boys and balancing interests of one OF with the other...to the point that it is known and even worse accepted! that "OF games should be referreed more leniently"...

They pretend their rules are fairly and consistently applied, but they are not...They allow the OF to challenge them on imaginary referees' bias, punishments etc without raising so much as a whimper...Anyone else can see the rules get changed in order to be punished!

Their officials are a joke - it is like they heard the story of all Celtic's 1967 EC team being from within 10 meters of Celtic Park and decided that this was how officials should be too...

They have their media toadies and clearly grease those wheels heavily...

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I do believe “ I’m not going back while (x) is in charge “ is a common line.

Whether people carry this out, or return when (x) leaves is a different matter.

I can happily say that I will not follow the national team while (Y*) are in charge.

* Y = the SFA

There is a difference between saying you won't go to Hearts games and saying you'll stop supporting Hearts.  This is people saying they'll stop supporting Scotland and even want them to lose. I don't remember anyone saying they would want Hibs to beat Hearts because Robinson was in charge.

I've never understood the stop going to games approach either, but even then there is a difference between stopping while an individual remains involved and stopping while the SFA are involved. That would be more like saying you won't go to a Hearts game until the no longer has a board of directors.

I'm not asking people to agree with me. I'm just explaining why as a Scotland supporter I can no more turn that off than I can turn off being a Hearts supporter.

Does anyone ever watch Scotland games and think that it’s supporting the SFA or just a group of players representing the country we are from?  Possibly, imagine actually sitting there going ‘mon Iraq get intae these SFA select 11” :lol: 

ToadKiller Dog

There's always been a small element within our support, totally anti the Scottish national side .

Totally at odds with the majority of hearts fans .

Sure a survey a few years back showed Hearts fans make up the 4th largest group within active Scotland supporters and that the Orcs surprisingly the largest followed by the sheep .

The players representing their country are not at fault for the SFA .

I will continue to support the national team .

I will never support the SFA .

Likely find most folk of any club don't have much time for the SFA, though we have more reason than most ..

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Nobody is seriously going to sit and watch the football hoping Scotland get pumped at football while actually being Scottish :lol: 

This. 

I won't renew my membership or go to the games, but if on TV I'd watch them and I'd want them to win. 

Wanting them beat is bizarre. 

The trip to hampden, the of, bias, the general apathy along with this is enough fir me to stop any financial interest in them but I don't won't my country beat, that's a bit to celticy or rangers for me. 

35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This. 

I won't renew my membership or go to the games, but if on TV I'd watch them and I'd want them to win. 

Wanting them beat is bizarre. 

The trip to hampden, the of, bias, the general apathy along with this is enough fir me to stop any financial interest in them but I don't won't my country beat, that's a bit to celticy or rangers for me. 

I think it’s people trying to outdo each other in the rage stage here and end up looking like radges.  I’m similar I won’t be going to games unless it’s a big one and I’ll have no issue paying to watch a big game with international superstars on show or a qualifying crunch just so the SFA or some shit get the money.  

Actually going out way to want another country to beat Scotland though if you’re Scottish is another level whacko.  All because of a compliance officer requirement that will end up in a petty fine or some shit because they are following guidelines. 

Edited by Last Laff