Supporting the national team?

Voxpop

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I think it’s people trying to outdo each other in the rage stage here and end up looking like radges.  I’m similar I won’t be going to games unless it’s a big one and I’ll have no issue paying to watch a big game with international superstars on show or a qualifying crunch just so the SFA or some shit get the money.  

Actually going out way to want another country to beat Scotland though if you’re Scottish is another level whacko.  All because of a compliance officer requirement that will end up in a petty fine or some shit because they are following guidelines. 

100%.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Last Laff

• Ainsley Harriott

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

A_A wehatethehibs

Ultimately the national team and the Association itself are 2 different things.

I would love to see Scotland at a tournament again. 

I’ll always want Scotland to win and do as well as possible. However after the SFA’s role in this corrupt farce, after 15+ years in the supporter’s club (and over 30 years of going to games) my membership will be getting posted back them. I’ll watch the games on the TV instead. I’ll miss the days out and the away trips I’ve been on were great but I’m done with it all. 

Harry Potter
22 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Be nice if they qualify before my arse stops facing south. 

Miracles do happen 😏.

My interest in the national team will probably always be there, but I am pretty 'meh' about them. They have a great way of letting you down every single time. 

I keep looking towards Ireland pretty jealous. Their FA don't have constant infighting between two clubs who should be huge assets to their domestic game, but instead despite the absence of any noteworthy domestic game are able to maximise their potential with the tools at their disposal. Whilst we're gerrymandering votes to give Celtic and their spoilt fans more titles and cups they don't need or deserve. 

We seem stuck in the dark ages, I mean look at Sancho, Walcott, Rooney and no doubt many more, a much larger nation with a much deeper talent pool, yet regularly caps teenagers. Who was the last teenager that got a Scotland cap? Tierney at 19.99999999 ? Its ridiculous. Gilmour is looking a shit hot talent, yet is still waiting on his first cap. We're not Germany (or England for that matter), We need to boost our most talented youngsters up not drag them down. Guys like Hickey and Gilmour should be getting their caps as soon as possible. It will boost their confidence no end. Instead we're too old school in our thinking. Its pathetic and reactionary, we've lost McGeady, Mcarthy, Souttar and god knows who else by being last to our own players. 

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, Zico said:

I’ll always want Scotland to win and do as well as possible. However after the SFA’s role in this corrupt farce, after 15+ years in the supporter’s club (and over 30 years of going to games) my membership will be getting posted back them. I’ll watch the games on the TV instead. I’ll miss the days out and the away trips I’ve been on were great but I’m done with it all. 

Let’s hope you were the unlucky charm and we finally qualify! :lol: 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Let’s hope you were the unlucky charm and we finally qualify! :lol: 

I have tickets for the Euro 2021 games at Hampden so I wouldn’t hold your breath!

Fly the Saltire
2 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

There's always been a small element within our support, totally anti the Scottish national side .

Totally at odds with the majority of hearts fans .

Sure a survey a few years back showed Hearts fans make up the 4th largest group within active Scotland supporters and that the Orcs surprisingly the largest followed by the sheep .

The players representing their country are not at fault for the SFA .

I will continue to support the national team .

I will never support the SFA .

Likely find most folk of any club don't have much time for the SFA, though we have more reason than most ..

As Dave Mackay said Hearts and Scotland the only teams for me

Howdy Doody Jambo

Let's be honest here San Marino give Scotland a good game we probably won't even qualify for the Euros anyway, we've been pish since Dalglish hung up his boot's with the way our game is played and run in this country nowadays then it's easy to to see why our game is stuck in reverse 

It's a day oot, a night at the pub is all it is It's just a glasgow select punting punt punt 

Toxteth O'Grady

No interest at all. I went to Hampden once for a Scotland game, tried to get into it but it didn’t happen. I was more concerned about getting out quickly to get home.

11 hours ago, scottg71 said:

I haven’t had an interest in the national team since around the Miko incident. 

Same here, add the fact the Tartan Army are a bunch of Welts.

For me I’ve just never really felt any kind of affinity to the national team, I just don’t get how people can switch from abusing players in the away team at Tynie one week and then shouting them on the next? Not to mention over the years the number of Hearts players that have been overlooked until they moved to the OF or down south and then got called up despite their lesser form in comparison to that while they were are hearts 

Old Pivotonian
26 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

Anyone who is Scottish and wants Scotland to lose is quite frankly a ****ing idiot.

Absolutely this.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

For me I’ve just never really felt any kind of affinity to the national team, I just don’t get how people can switch from abusing players in the away team at Tynie one week and then shouting them on the next? Not to mention over the years the number of Hearts players that have been overlooked until they moved to the OF or down south and then got called up despite their lesser form in comparison to that while they were are hearts 

Absolutely. 

1 hour ago, jambo3tevie said:

Anyone who is Scottish and wants Scotland to lose is quite frankly a ****ing idiot.

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Anyone who pulls on the dark blue deserves our support.  

Even fannys like the thumb. 

👍 Correct. 

Doesn't matter who they play for, when they pull on the dark blue, their Scottish players. 

The truth now is however, there's hardly any OF or Scottish based players in the squad these days anyway, not like it used to be. 

Which makes being against them even more difficult to fathom tbh.