Football fixed odds coupon

hueyview

Went into a dead Ladbrokes to check out coupons and world snooker bet...

Heard rumours, Hills are removing all seating and machines which would probably result in mass closures.  

It's the bet which keeps you going, when watching a below par game...

Onlines just not the same....

Bunny Munro

Id be interested in seeing the cost break down, staff/rent etc. The fixed odds machines are a goldmine for them.

3 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Id be interested in seeing the cost break down, staff/rent etc. The fixed odds machines are a goldmine for them.

They have said previously that without the machines the shops wouldn't be viable since online took such a share of bets. 

Hills are looking at breaking into the US too

Bunny Munro
32 minutes ago, _maroonplatoon said:

If you need to have a bet just to be able to watch the football then you've got a serious problem.

Depends on the bet and game tbh.

I often put a few quid on a game if I'm a neutral. It makes it more enjoyable, and spent about the same as a pint.

There's plenty of people who say the enjoy football more with a pint.

Saint Jambo

I'd assume it's a temporary measure during the pandemic.

From the current Scottish Government coronavirus guidance to the retail sector:

"Betting shops can reopen with the above provisions in Phase 2 but are open for the purpose of placing bets only – with no chairs and no televisions showing live races, with the aim of avoiding clusters of people gathering to watch live sport. Gambling machines should also be switched off to avoid spread through surface transmission. The remaining betting shop services and high street adult gaming will be considered as part of the Phase 3 close contact retail services."

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-retail-sector-guidance/pages/where-we-are-now/

I believe that the guidance is due to change from 22 July to allow gaming machines again. Obviously betting shops will have to think for themselves about whether too many people hanging around in the shop might discourage others from coming in, placing a bet and then leaving again.

1 hour ago, hueyview said:

Went into a dead Ladbrokes to check out coupons and world snooker bet...

Heard rumours, Hills are removing all seating and machines which would probably result in mass closures.  

It's the bet which keeps you going, when watching a below par game...

Onlines just not the same....

Not sure, but I think in Scotland, if they want to open, they are to remove all gaming machines, are not allowed to show any live events, and punters must place their bets and leave immediately. 

Mr Elwood P
57 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Were a goldmine, the new legislation was about to close a raft of shops even before the pandemic. 

23 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I often put a few quid on a game if I'm a neutral. It makes it more enjoyable, and spent about the same as a pint.

I like a bet and a beer when a game is on TV. Haters gonna hate ...

20 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

This