HSL

Ex member of the SaS

Ex member of the SaS

Ok maybe way off the mark here but it appears HSL are donating money to pay for players the club can't afford, I thought it was against the rules for outsiders to put money up for players? FoH gives money to the club to use as the clubs sees fit, but HSL are giving the money specifically to fund players.

If I have this wrong I appologise and the post can be removed or left to die.

8 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

How can you buy a player with a tenner? 

A tenner?

They had a surge in donations?

lost in space

The money will be going into an account. From that account (or another) - money will go to players. That does not mean it is the same money. Money donated will not be going directly to players banks.

36 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok maybe way off the mark here but it appears HSL are donating money to pay for players the club can't afford, I thought it was against the rules for outsiders to put money up for players? FoH gives money to the club to use as the clubs sees fit, but HSL are giving the money specifically to fund players.

Don’t think it’s against any rules. If you look at the actual figures involved anyway, it’s not going to be funding very much.

If they're giving Hibs money then surely they can attach conditions. 

No different to our benefactors, for example. 

I've spent mair on pre match bevvy in Diggers than HSL have raised, I wouldn't get too concerned about that.

25 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Why would it be against any rules?

Would only be breaking any rules if the money was going direct to the players i.e HSL saying to nisbet, if you sign for hibs on £x, we'll top that up by £y

Finlay James

If they keep going at their current rate of fundraising, in 20 years they can afford a hair transplant for Martin Boyle.

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

How can you buy a player with a tenner? 

By player i think they mean a gram bag!!

Don’t see how it’s wrong ? We’ve publicly said we’ve signed players because of benefactors donations so fair enough.

its not exactly a mind blowing amount so I’m not too bothered

Leveins Battalion

To be fair we should be using our considerable amounts of cash put in by both the FOH and our benefactors to sign the best young players from other clubs in Scotland.

Instead we have gave Damour a 4 year deal on huge Wonga a week.Signed a cast of thousands from abroad and made feck all from sales.Who's the dafty's 

12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

To be fair we should be using our considerable amounts of cash put in by both the FOH and our benefactors to sign the best young players from other clubs in Scotland.

Instead we have gave Damour a 4 year deal on huge Wonga a week.Signed a cast of thousands from abroad and made feck all from sales.Who's the dafty's 

Thing is though, Damour was rated. He was a big part of a good Cardiff side. Obviously just wasn’t suited to the Scottish Premiership.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Thing is though, Damour was rated. He was a big part of a good Cardiff side. Obviously just wasn’t suited to the Scottish Premiership.

It's not just Damour though Doofy.

The list is endless on failed players the last 4 years.Now i dont know the reason,no bonus in the wages?no motivation from the manager?everybody too cosy and comfy?

Whatever it was/is needs sorted pronto,however if the HSL want to gift the club cash to sign players then I say good on them.I wish we did the same and got value for the vast amounts we have gave this club for instead of the utter shite we have endured.

6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It's not just Damour though Doofy.

The list is endless on failed players the last 4 years.Now i dont know the reason,no bonus in the wages?no motivation from the manager?everybody too cosy and comfy?

Whatever it was/is needs sorted pronto,however if the HSL want to gift the club cash to sign players then I say good on them.I wish we did the same and got value for the vast amounts we have gave this club for instead of the utter shite we have endured.

We’ve had a pretty chequered four years of signings, that much is certainly true. Some pretty good players mixed in with some poor ones. Some of the flops have been unexpected and looked like good signings on paper too though. I think that indicates something else at play. The wage structure probably, as you say. Coaching? Players being treated differently to one another? All sorts of factors probably. Frustrating as **** though.

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Would only be breaking any rules if the money was going direct to the players i.e HSL saying to nisbet, if you sign for hibs on £x, we'll top that up by £y

Cheers Ribble I knew I had read it somewhere you could not finance a player and this is obviously what I had in mind. Still good to have a laugh at Hibs and their huge fund raising exploits.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

HSL is a joke and will donate about three quid. But fwiw, “use as the club sees fit” and “specifically to fund players” is the same thing.

Ainsley Harriott

I heard they are using the money to buy some Persil for when the new signings have to take their own stinking kit home and wash it themselves.

vlad on the tyne
4 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I heard they are using the money to buy some Persil for when the new signings have to take their own stinking kit home and wash it themselves.

Think Nisbet has a bonus clause in his contract for how many strips he can wash. Great thinking from Ron the con 😁