Loaning players to you rivals

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Was thinking this today, has a player ever had a loan from Hearts to Hibs or other way round?

Has there been examples of derby rivals who have loaned players between each other (I know that Italy might be more likely.)

ScottieMac17

Sulley Muntari was loaned to AC Milan from Inter. 

Not really sure if Southampton and Bournemouth are huge rivals but Adam Lallana was sent to Bournemouth on loan from Southampton.

I cannot think of any players that Hearts and Hibs have loaned to each other.

The one I can think of is Billy King to rangers.  Was that when we were both in the champ?  

Tell you what though, I'd take the boy Nisbet from hibs.  If he is available for loan that is.

Edited by Dia Liom

Do you seriously think any player not good enough to get a game for Hibs would be good enough to be taken on loan by us? Seriously?

maroonshrew
3 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

The one I can think of is Billy King to rangers.  Was that when we were both in the champ?  

Tell you what though, I'd take the boy Nisbet from hibs.  If he is available for loan that is.

Might be wrong but I think we sent him there after we had been promoted and they were still down there.

Tommy Brown

Maybe take Kamberi if the Rangers loan deal falls through, we could grab him for pure devilment.

"It's been my dream move to play for Edinburgh's big team"

jamboinglasgow

Just for avoidance of doubt, I was not advocating that we do that, was just wondering if it had ever happened. 

I think I recall reading somewhere Hearts loaned players out to Hibs in the early 1930s when they were a 2nd division team

Not a loan, but Brian Hamiltion moving from Hibs to Hearts mid season in 1995 was a bit of a one off. It's difficult to foresee us ever paying a transfer fee for a Hibs player ever again.

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just for avoidance of doubt, I was not advocating that we do that, was just wondering if it had ever happened. 

Nah, it was obvious that’s what you are saying. Some folk are just permanently angry and objectionable. 

Cant think of any in my time supporting Hearts. 

If it was up to me, there would be no loans between teams in the same division.

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Not a loan, but Brian Hamiltion moving from Hibs to Hearts mid season in 1995 was a bit of a one off. It's difficult to foresee us ever paying a transfer fee for a Hibs player ever again.

Didn't we get Andy Watson off them back in the late 80s/early 90s too, or did he leave us to go there?

6 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Didn't we get Andy Watson off them back in the late 80s/early 90s too, or did he leave us to go there?

As per Wikipedia, we sold him to Hibs for £30,000 in 1987.

SomethingAboutObua

Can’t think of loans, but have we signed anyone/many directly from Hibs/they signed anyone directly from us? Not talking about dumped youth players like Cummings or dropping to free agency then signing, I mean genuine transfer bids/pre contract agreements while players were still contracted by the clubs?

2 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Can’t think of loans, but have we signed anyone/many directly from Hibs/they signed anyone directly from us? Not talking about dumped youth players like Cummings or dropping to free agency then signing, I mean genuine transfer bids/pre contract agreements while players were still contracted by the clubs?

michael stewart

BackOfTheNet

Did we not buy Brian Hamilton straight from Hibs, he then scored in a derby against them and not much else? Stewart left us and was without a club for a bit before joining Hearts I believe.

12 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Brian Hamilton

Michael Stewart

In my time. Before my time quite a few I think. 

Samuel Camazzola

Did Eckersley go directly to them after leaving us? I think he hoovered up a wage without kicking a ball though. 

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Did Eckersley go directly to them after leaving us? I think he hoovered up a wage without kicking a ball though. 

didn't he go to america first?

edit no staight to hibs after we decided not to renew his contract

Edited by milky_26

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, milky_26 said:

didn't he go to america first?

May well have. I think his brother was in the MLS. 

3fingersreid
6 hours ago, Martin_T said:

I’ve got it in my mind we paid Leeds £30k for him , endured his piss poor performances then sold him to them for £40k 🤔

Toxteth O'Grady
6 hours ago, Martin_T said:

We won’t ever do a better piece of business than that. He was rank 

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Martin_T said:

We made them wait until after the derby that weekend 😃.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ve got it in my mind we paid Leeds £30k for him , endured his piss poor performances then sold him to them for £40k 🤔

You’re wrong. It was £70k we paid Leeds for him 🙈🤬. Best deal we ever did with Hibs 😃

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Eamonn Bannon scored his 100th top league goal for Hibs 😱

Is that definitely right? I thought he only played 1 league game for them and I don't recall noting that he scored - im sure I'd remember that, I liked him a lot.

Edit - found this, looks like he played 1 league game for h1b5, a 2-0 ome defeat to motherwell 

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=6355

Edited by Smithee

queensferryjambo
8 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Did we not buy Brian Hamilton straight from Hibs, he then scored in a derby against them and not much else? Stewart left us and was without a club for a bit before joining Hearts I believe.

Hamilton came to Hearts and his transfer fee was to be decided by a tribunal I think. He scored on his debut against Motherwell which might have put his transfer fee up a couple of pound.

Outside of that I only remember him scoring against Motherwell in a game later that season and against Man City when we won 5-1 against them.

Don't think he ever scored against Hibs though. 

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Hamilton came to Hearts and his transfer fee was to be decided by a tribunal I think. He scored on his debut against Motherwell which might have put his transfer fee up a couple of pound.

Outside of that I only remember him scoring against Motherwell in a game later that season and against Man City when we won 5-1 against them.

Ah, I just remember him scoring on his debut on TV. (Terrestrial TV back in those days) And probably just assumed it would be Hibs as it was shown live on TV.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

That's pretty shan, who fails to score against hibs?? Even Nade managed it ffs.

3fingersreid
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re wrong. It was £70k we paid Leeds for him 🙈🤬. Best deal we ever did with Hibs 😃

It’s not the biggest amount we’ve spent on a player and kind of offset by getting some cash back , but it’s up there with one of the worst signings , he was absolutely rank .

Flip side it was one of the best sales we did 👍🏻

Again I’m probably wrong but I’m convinced he didn’t lose a derby match for either team when he played ? 

TorinoJambo

Willie Hamilton was loaned to the wee team for the last couple of months of 61/62 season and helped them stay up. They scraped it but it went to the last game. 

3fingersreid
3 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

Willie Hamilton was loaned to the wee team for the last couple of months of 61/62 season and helped them stay up. They scraped it but it went to the last game. 

Could you imagine us doing something like that now , 😡😡😡😡😡😡

TorinoJambo
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Could you imagine us doing something like that now , 😡😡😡😡😡😡

I know. Widny gie them the reek of my fart now.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

It’s not the biggest amount we’ve spent on a player and kind of offset by getting some cash back , but it’s up there with one of the worst signings , he was absolutely rank .

Flip side it was one of the best sales we did 👍🏻

Again I’m probably wrong but I’m convinced he didn’t lose a derby match for either team when he played ? 

Could be right about his derby record, left us just as they had a wee run while Archibald was running the show I think. Awful player but yeah we didn’t lose too much. I worked for Frank Graham at the time and used to see him get on the bus at Dalkeith Road going to ER with his Bukta Hearts bag 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈😆

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Smithee said:

Is that definitely right? I thought he only played 1 league game for them and I don't recall noting that he scored - im sure I'd remember that, I liked him a lot.

Edit - found this, looks like he played 1 league game for h1b5, a 2-0 ome defeat to motherwell 

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=6355

Another myth busted, he didn’t score 100 top flight goals either. 86 isn’t bad, 104 altogether and his last was for Stenhousemuir in 1995-6. 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I remember after we signed him I watched a derby I had taped, focused on him and he was a decent defensive midfielder. Probably not worth £250k though and I’m sure McLean wanted him breaking into the box. Didn’t last long.