Lettuce

Hairdryer

Has anyone else noticed in the supermarket that there isn't the same choice of lettuces i wonder if there is a shortage due to the winter floods last winter

9 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Has anyone else noticed in the supermarket that there isn't the same choice of lettuces i wonder if there is a shortage due to the winter floods last winter

Lettuces don't take long to grow; maybe about 3 months. Any in the shops now, if grown outside in the UK, will have been planted well after last winter.

Just now, Lemongrab said:

Lettuces don't take long to grow; maybe about 3 months. Any in the shops now, if grown outside in the UK, will have been planted well after last winter.

Thanks managed to buy one at Tesco 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

Not my top choice of food.

Try growing your own lettuce if you have a garden or allotment 🥗🥬 it will save you 💰 .

enjoy your lettuce 🥬 

4 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

33 minutes ago, Crete said:

Try growing your own lettuce if you have a garden or allotment 🥗🥬 it will save you 💰 .

enjoy your lettuce 🥬 

Lettuce be friends.  ❣️

been here before

On the salad front we've got about 4 growing nicely in a trough in the back garden along with some salad leaves, rocket and parsley.

Cut and come again should be your mantra.

Governor Tarkin
13 hours ago, been here before said:

On the salad front we've got about 4 growing nicely in a trough in the back garden along with some salad leaves, rocket and parsley.

Cut and come again should be your mantra.

Rocket. :sweeet: