Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle
🖊️contributions wanted from fans for the new website - https://www.amoruso-lets-it-run.com/ - there will be a testimonial page that will feature comments from fans regarding their favourite players - 1st feature will be on Stephane Adam

nintchdbpict000000773744.jpg

Fxxx the SPFL

I have posted this story on kickback previously but Bobby Prentice was a favourite of mine and back in the seventies at a LC game against Stenhousemuir at Ochilview i purchased a hot dog before the game (healthy eating) and was walking past the stadium building when a door opened and a hand shot out grabbed my hot dog and none other than Bobby Prentice took a bite and handed it back how he saw me or what he was doing i don't know but players back then as now probably got freebie tickets and he was possibly looking out for someone and saw me coming. Don't ask for the life of me the score although i think we did rattle in a few. There must have been a golf course nearby as our supporters bus on the way back had a flag that someone had borrowed !!! sticking out the skylight window.

I do have a short story about Stephane Adam after the final whistle at the final he came over to where a good chunk of our Borders Hearts fans were gathered in the stand and one of our lads somehow got one of his boots which he still has to this day. All the way back to Edinburgh he was holding the boot up at the bus window showing it off to other supporters on buses that we overtook our driver was a big cockney lad Les and he drove like a maniac and got us back to Edinburgh in plenty time se see the players coming back in at Tynie.

Didn't we pinch Stephane from under Hibs' noses? Seem to recall them being a bit annoyed and booing him in the early season derby at ER (0-1 Hearts, McCann). 

They couldn't have been too happy when "Amarouso let it run" either. 

John Findlay
4 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

I have posted this story on kickback previously but Bobby Prentice was a favourite of mine and back in the seventies at a LC game against Stenhousemuir at Ochilview i purchased a hot dog before the game (healthy eating) and was walking past the stadium building when a door opened and a hand shot out grabbed my hot dog and none other than Bobby Prentice took a bite and handed it back how he saw me or what he was doing i don't know but players back then as now probably got freebie tickets and he was possibly looking out for someone and saw me coming. Don't ask for the life of me the score although i think we did rattle in a few. There must have been a golf course nearby as our supporters bus on the way back had a flag that someone had borrowed !!! sticking out the skylight window.

I do have a short story about Stephane Adam after the final whistle at the final he came over to where a good chunk of our Borders Hearts fans were gathered in the stand and one of our lads somehow got one of his boots which he still has to this day. All the way back to Edinburgh he was holding the boot up at the bus window showing it off to other supporters on buses that we overtook our driver was a big cockney lad Les and he drove like a maniac and got us back to Edinburgh in plenty time se see the players coming back in at Tynie.

We won 5-0. I went through to Larbert and back on a,football special train. Was an education for a 15 yr old laddie at the time.

John Findlay

So, is next week, the final countdown?

After what seems an eternity of the SPFL's board making, by FridayJuly 17th,

We could know one way or the other, whether we are playing in the top division, with perharps a small financial compensation, or in the division below with a considerable financial compensation, which I believe personally will not exceed £5M.

Or we could be in the division below with sod all compensation.

Whatever the outcome. I personally will always believe that Heart of Midlothian were correct to carry out the actions we have. To all fair minded people( there appears to be a severe lack of them in both Scottish football, and all forms of the Scottish media), Heart of Midlothian, Partick Thistle, Stranraer, Falkirk, Brora Rangers, and last and by no means least, Kelty Hearts have been the most wronged in all of this. 

Let us not forget that this just wasnt about big bad Hearts as it has been portrayed by the SPFL, board through their sycophants in the Scottish media.

This was about fairness right across all the SPFL divisions and the pyramid system. Which to even a blind person has not been seen since April 8th when the SPFL board started putting their horrendous resolution/ plan into motion.

Even if we do lose, surely no one can argue that the SPFL board and to a slightly lesser degree the SFA, the main two governing bodies in all this have shown any leadership, integrity, or dignity. All three have been severely lacking on their parts.

They should all resign regardless of the outcome and Scottish football should set up a governance that works fairly for all clubs and not just mainly for the two regarded as the biggest clubs.

Despite what others may say to the contrary. THE TIME IS NOW.

John Findlay

Admin my post above is in the wrong thread. Sorry for that. Can you move it to the COVID-19 arbitration thread please?

Many thanks if you can.

Салатные палочки
9 hours ago, martoon said:

Didn't we pinch Stephane from under Hibs' noses? Seem to recall them being a bit annoyed and booing him in the early season derby at ER (0-1 Hearts, McCann). 

They couldn't have been too happy when "Amarouso let it run" either. 

I think he was training with them and had the option of signing. 

Салатные палочки

The man ultimately won us the cup with his quick thinking when he "stole iiiiinnn". He was a class forward who brought so much to the team than just goals. I remember the 5-3 game v. Kille when he turned the defender and had a chance to score his fourth but decided to set up we Jose instead. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Coming from Aberdeen,  Stephane had a special place in my heart for his fantastic record against them 

6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I think he was training with them and had the option of signing. 

Took one look at Chic Charnley (superstar) and thought feck that.

On 12/07/2020 at 08:25, **** the SPFL said:

Johnston "Sid" Sage was a very good friend of mines and always reminisced about how they thought they had done a great job at Tynie only losing 1/0 . He then told the story of how he was raging getting beat 5/0 at Ochilview  and getting rings run round him by Donald Park  1977 IIRC . Great guy and he hated the OF with a passion . He's been gone a  few years now but always loved telling me he played alongside a Hearts Cup winning GK at Albion Rovers. RIP Big Man x

On 12/07/2020 at 18:30, Salad Fingers said:

The man ultimately won us the cup with his quick thinking when he "stole iiiiinnn". He was a class forward who brought so much to the team than just goals. I remember the 5-3 game v. Kille when he turned the defender and had a chance to score his fourth but decided to set up we Jose instead. 

That 5-3 game was terrific. Had me going through all the emotions. One of my favourites (there were many) from that season, not forgetting that glorious cup final where Adam also played a blinder.