3 months and 5 days

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

If we can get reinstated back to the premiership, it is 3 months and 5 days till our first league game (not sure if we have Betfred games before that.)

I have found in the last month that it was a good to have football on the TV, and there has been much going on with our fight against the SPFL and their unfair and incorrect decision to demote us with 8 games still to go. But I miss having a Hearts game to watch and dissect. There is nothing that will match that and thought that it will be 7 months without a Hearts league game is depressing. Even seeing Premiership clubs talking about friendlies and training is feeling like salt being rubbed into the wounds after we have been stitched up by rivals who cared more about making us suffer than working together in an unprecedented event. The fact we can have the normailty of training due to the Kafkaesque rules of who can train and who cant is mad.

I hope arbitration reinstates us into the Premiership, or if not makes the other clubs face serious financial consequences for thinking only of themselves. I just want the normality of some kind of Hearts playing.

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If we can get reinstated back to the premiership, it is 3 months and 5 days till our first league game (not sure if we have Betfred games before that.)

I have found in the last month that it was a good to have football on the TV, and there has been much going on with our fight against the SPFL and their unfair and incorrect decision to demote us with 8 games still to go. But I miss having a Hearts game to watch and dissect. There is nothing that will match that and thought that it will be 7 months without a Hearts league game is depressing. Even seeing Premiership clubs talking about friendlies and training is feeling like salt being rubbed into the wounds after we have been stitched up by rivals who cared more about making us suffer than working together in an unprecedented event. The fact we can have the normailty of training due to the Kafkaesque rules of who can train and who cant is mad.

I hope arbitration reinstates us into the Premiership, or if not makes the other clubs face serious financial consequences for thinking only of themselves. I just want the normality of some kind of Hearts playing.

Very good post 

And if it means by our further pending demotion and obvious restraint of trade by the fact we face a further delay in playing our first game in the championship, let’s try and ruin the same clubs financially and that who decided their own self interest was more important than having any ethical judgement applied and who put us there in the first place 

With the move to allow the SFA to arbitrate let’s not kid ourselves on that there will be fairness within the arbitration hearing. After all, the folk that are allowed to arbitrate are on the side of the SPFL.

I mean the SFA couldn’t wait to investigate us and by our lodging a court petition to claim the whole farce that led to us being expelled in the first place. 

For me, we are going into the championship, no question in my mind. However, All I ever wanted the club to do, and from the get go, was to fight tooth and nail and to defend our own interests, and regardless of the impact it would have on the rest of the clubs financially.

Is that a form of payback - yes, it bloody well is. Have we been hurting and set back - yes. So this means that In this particular situation that Karma is of the ultimate importance to me and if we ruin some clubs in the process, fantastic. That’s what it’s all about and they, not us, made it this way. Casing point.

Make it as shitty as we possibly can, and for everyone involved. Try and get as much compo as we possibly can and at least this way when the likes of Roy McGregor says that we can go down and take “our medicine” we can shout back that we will, but we made sure him and the others that put us in this position, payed for it, and out of their own pockets 

That’s what it’s all about for me. 

Edited by Hearts1975

6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Very good post 

And if it means by our further pending demotion and obvious restraint of trade by the fact we face a further delay in playing our first game in the championship, let’s try and ruin the same clubs financially and that who decided their own self interest was more important than having any ethical judgement applied and who put us there in the first place 

With the move to allow the SFA to arbitrate let’s not kid ourselves on that there will be fairness within the arbitration hearing. After all, the folk that are allowed to arbitrate are on the side of the SPFL.

I mean the SFA couldn’t wait to investigate us and by our lodging a court petition to claim the whole farce that led to us being expelled in the first place. 

For me, we are going into the championship, no question in my mind. However, All I ever wanted the club to do, and from the get go, was to fight tooth and nail and to defend our own interests, and regardless of the impact it would have on the rest of the clubs financially.

Is that a form of payback - yes, it bloody well is. Have we been hurting and set back - yes. So this means that In this particular situation that Karma is of the ultimate importance to me and if we ruin some clubs in the process, fantastic. That’s what it’s all about and they, not us, made it this way. Casing point.

Make it as shitty as we possibly can, and for everyone involved. Try and get as much compo as we possibly can and at least this way when the likes of Roy McGregor says that we can go down and take “our medicine” we can shout back that we will, but we made sure him and the others that put us in this position, payed for it, and out of their own pockets 

I struggle to understand why there are some in our support who still think this. 🥺

2 hours ago, graygo said:

I struggle to understand why there are some in our support who still think this. 🥺

they see SFA arbitration and nothing else. They dont know the requirements for those who make up the panel

4 hours ago, graygo said:

Fair enough. Let’s just wait and see. I Stand by what I said Graygo 

Dont get me wrong, I wish I shared your optimism, but I just don’t

I am not prepared to put my faith in getting a fair hearing from the SFA at all, regardless of what has been said. I do not believe that the right thing to do will happen so it’s about screwing them to the ground as much as possible for me for money 

You should also have highlighted my 4th paragraph in bold as this would probably be more indicative of the reason why I don’t think we will get the fair hearing 

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

they see SFA arbitration and nothing else. They dont know the requirements for those who make up the panel

Regardless of who is on the panel it is run, people appointed and led by the SFA 

The same SFA that wanted to investigate us for lodging the initial petition 

They, including me see the SFA arbitration as that’s what it is 

4 hours ago, graygo said:

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Dont get me wrong both. If you are both right, and I’m wrong, I will gladly admit to being wrong with this one.

14 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Regardless of who is on the panel it is run, people appointed and led by the SFA 

The same SFA that wanted to investigate us for lodging the initial petition 

They, including me see the SFA arbitration as that’s what it is 

we (hearts) choose one of the panel members

11 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Very good post 

Lord Clark was quite clear that the SFA will not have jurisdiction over the arbitration process. Our own QC, David Thomson, is on the list of SFA arbitrators. To suggest that everyone on the SFA list is in favour of the SFA/SPFL would suggest he would also favour them, in which case we’ve really fecked up by employing him as our QC!

I am as cyclical as they come however, I believe that the process - thanks to Lord Clark providing clarity and some direction - will be fair. To suggest otherwise is frankly nonsense. The tribunal will have to document their findings and reasoning. If it is found to be biased, incompetent, or they have wrongly interpreted the law then we will be back on the CoS and the arbitrators reputations will be in tatters.  

Too many people thinking the SPFL are Spectre.

22 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

4 Panel members (total) ?  

no three, spfl choose one, we choose one and the two choices agree on the chair

jamboinglasgow
7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Lord Clark was quite clear that the SFA will not have jurisdiction over the arbitration process. Our own QC, David Thomson, is on the list of SFA arbitrators. To suggest that everyone on the SFA list is in favour of the SFA/SPFL would suggest he would also favour them, in which case we’ve really fecked up by employing him as our QC!

I am as cyclical as they come however, I believe that the process - thanks to Lord Clark providing clarity and some direction - will be fair. To suggest otherwise is frankly nonsense. The tribunal will have to document their findings and reasoning. If it is found to be biased, incompetent, or they have wrongly interpreted the law then we will be back on the CoS and the arbitrators reputations will be in tatters.  

Yup, I understand the skepticism towards arbitration because of the SFA, I certainly was up till I read more after the ruling in the Cos. But saying the SFA will control it ignores what a big victory we got in that initial hearing. The SPFL may have got the abritiation they initally wanted, but it was on the courts terms on how it is run which is fantastic for us and bad for the SPFL.

9 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Dont get me wrong both. If you are both right, and I’m wrong, I will gladly admit to being wrong with this one.

Hopefully some of the replies will have given you a wee bit more belief that we will get a fair hearing. 👍

Pasquale for King
On 12/07/2020 at 00:10, jamboinglasgow said:

Reads much better if it said CANT get reinstated, as for the training rules what point would there be in taking players off furlough and costing us upwards of £500k to do that over 3 months before we play a game? I’m not missing games yet, maybe when the top league starts and we’re not involved. It is good to watch games but none have got the juices flowing like ours. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Reads much better if it said CANT get reinstated, as for the training rules what point would there be in taking players off furlough and costing us upwards of £500k to do that over 3 months before we play a game? I’m not missing games yet, maybe when the top league starts and we’re not involved. It is good to watch games but none have got the juices flowing like ours. 

I only realised my typo after I couldn't edit it.

Really your not missing games? I am fed up with chatting about what will happen, I am bored talking about what should be and the court case (though it is important,) I miss seeing Hearts play and talking about how player x played, what decision a manager made, seeing a replay of a Hearts goal. 

Its been 4 months and 2 days since we last played a game (and that game was one to forget.) If that was the gap after finishing mid May as normal than it would be now mid September. No games, no real transfer talk to distract us (apart from Gordon which happened very quickly), not even a preseason which would have started in late June under a normal season. This must be the longest time between Hearts competitive games.

19 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Makes me feel a bit better reading this. Cheers EH 

Got to be honest and say that after Lord Clarke put it back over to the SFA to arbitrate I sort of stopped following what was happening, including the overall process, as I had prematurely made my own mind up. 

10 hours ago, graygo said:

Hopefully some of the replies will have given you a wee bit more belief that we will get a fair hearing. 👍

For sure. As above. Obviously you and others have paid more attention to the detail whilst I have been casting assumptions in my own head. 

19 hours ago, milky_26 said:

no three, spfl choose one, we choose one and the two choices agree on the chair

Sounds fair. I had it in my head that it was 4. Appreciate the correction :thumbsup:

Francis Albert
20 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think Spectre if real would sue for defamation for that comparison

If the SPFL fail to screw us it will be down to 007's intervention in the shape of Lord Clark.

Edited by Francis Albert

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I only realised my typo after I couldn't edit it.

Really your not missing games? I am fed up with chatting about what will happen, I am bored talking about what should be and the court case (though it is important,) I miss seeing Hearts play and talking about how player x played, what decision a manager made, seeing a replay of a Hearts goal. 

Its been 4 months and 2 days since we last played a game (and that game was one to forget.) If that was the gap after finishing mid May as normal than it would be now mid September. No games, no real transfer talk to distract us (apart from Gordon which happened very quickly), not even a preseason which would have started in late June under a normal season. This must be the longest time between Hearts competitive games.

I know it’s been a while but strangely enough I’m just now bothered yet, possibly part of it is how bad we’ve been these last few years. Craig Gordon is a great signing and Neilson is a good manager but we’re still stuck with the same dross that’s got us into this position. Maybe signing an exciting winger with pace will make me look forward to seeing us again. Part of it could be the fact we’re not going to seeing the team in the flesh for a while yet.