Jack Charlton

Selkirkhmfc1874

ToadKiller Dog

One of the games good guys ,never forgot where he came from.

The mining towns have produced so many good decent  footballing people .

He changed the way international football was looked at in Ireland had it almost rivaling hurling .

RIP.

Captain_Peacock

I met him in the club shop at Fir Park of all places, he was Manager of Ireland and was watching a player that evening. I wanted to talk football but he was engrossed in a conversation with the shop staff on how the shop was run. Turns out he used to run the club shop at Elland Road whilst still paying there for a few extra quid and had at one time a meanswear shop in Garforth in Leeds.

I brightened up a but when he mentioned Paul Madeley thinking we could now talk football but he got on about his DIY chain and sports shops 🤣

RIP Giraffe, proper defender.

A great character who I'll always associate with Italia 90 and USA 94 in particular as I'm too young to remember his playing career. There have been greater tacticians but the team spirit that he created in that Ireland team was second to none. 

Big Jack!

Part of the fantastic Leeds team of the early 70’s.

There is a regular poster on here, whom I have known for around 30 years, who is JC’s double.  You know who you are!

RIP Big guy.

stranraer-jambo

Had the pleasure to speak with and listen to him when he was the main after dinner speaker at Stewartry Rugby Club  about 15 years ago. A humble and down to earth man.

Regularly came up to that neck of the woods to do his fishing.

RIP

Coming from a split hearts / hibs supporting family, my late dad was a hibs fan and always spoke about a European night in the 60's when big Jack equalised at fester rd. My dad said everyone in the ground could see him coming up for corner except for the hobos defence, my dad said Leeds were a fantastic side and probably best team that he had seen playing in Scotland 

Read a lot today of JC and how he was from Ashington. 

Huge coincidence that I was in Ashington yesterday. I'd never heard of it before that. I'm not sure if that's where he still resided. 

Edited by Homme

Sad news indeed 

Think it’s a mark of the man and who he really was that you would struggle to find someone who has a bad word to say about him

Another one of the real old school greats gone. Big character

RIP Jack 

• 1 year later...
On 11/07/2020 at 21:22, Morgan said:

Big Jack!

Part of the fantastic Leeds team of the early 70’s.

There is a regular poster on here, whom I have known for around 30 years, who is JC’s double.  You know who you are!

RIP Big guy.

He’s not so regular now, but I bet he still looks like Jack!

Don't be shy...

The White Cockade
9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

He’s not so regular now, but I bet he still looks like Jack!

Don't be shy...

Name names! 😂

Jack would put the fear into you, 2 minutes later would have you dancing on the table  laughing his head off.

A Genius