Paterson

Five to One

1 hour ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

At the age of 9 Calum used to score somewhere between 4 to 10 goals every game for the school team 

As his coach I dropped him back to defence to give other teams a chance.

You what?

Why would you have done that?

Let’s play Robbo at centre-half against the Hibs, just in case he scores too many against them.  🤷🏿‍♂️

@Morgan and @Smithee it was primary school football. That's not where talented young footballers develop. School football is about having fun and everyone joining in. He'd have been playing against kids who wouldn't have got a game for a boy's club. Coach @FERRY HEARTS made the right call.

Paterson seems like a great guy and a very decent player. Loved him at at us.

On 11/07/2020 at 08:01, jambodoug said:

This. I will always support Lockie and what he managed to achieve despite the 15 points deficit.

Not a popular opinion that but I share it completely.  Pretty sure he wasn't even being paid.

Great, great Jambo.

Seymour M Hersh
19 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Has lost a good few pounds, the new streamlined Pato, if he goes to anyone, please let it be HMFC. 

I'm not sure when that little bio pic was taken then as in it he looks like he's got bigger (not fatter) at Cardiff. 

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, Smithee said:

I get what you're saying but that's why I gave the Messi example - he was 10 and streets above the other kids too. It seems really counter productive to me to take an outstanding talent and deliberately move him to a completely different position in order to benefit others in the name of progressing the game. 

But as I say, I've never coached so what do I really know about it?

Messi was tiny at that age CP was probably already shaving! :laugh:

Tokyo Drifter
On 10/07/2020 at 20:10, Five to One said:

See he starts for Cardiff again tonight. In good goal scoring form and keen to play up front for the national team. Always thought he looked like an attacking player rather than a right back. Or is he just a really good utility man? 

Didn’t realise he’d shifted allegiances though. 🤷‍♂️ 

C3B2ACB7-7B9F-479E-A8EC-76A2154EED89.jpeg

I think he was born in England

John Findlay
14 hours ago, pablo said:

@Morgan and @Smithee it was primary school football. That's not where talented young footballers develop. School football is about having fun and everyone joining in. He'd have been playing against kids who wouldn't have got a game for a boy's club. Coach @FERRY HEARTS made the right call.

Primary school should be were talented young footballers develop. 

20 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Primary school should be were talented young footballers develop. 

And they should develop when they are playing in the park with their pals too. Perhaps I should have said that's not where talented young footballers will develop most. 

Edited by pablo

17 hours ago, pablo said:

Righto.

Didn't realise it was Primary School.