Paterson

Five to One

Five to One

See he starts for Cardiff again tonight. In good goal scoring form and keen to play up front for the national team. Always thought he looked like an attacking player rather than a right back. Or is he just a really good utility man? 

Didn’t realise he’d shifted allegiances though. 🤷‍♂️ 

C3B2ACB7-7B9F-479E-A8EC-76A2154EED89.jpeg

Thought he was coming back. Don't think anyone would have a problem wi that one. Only Gowser ever seemed to enjoy playing for us more than him

Five to One
4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

He wont be happy with that. 

I know. Quite a patriotic lad from what I’ve heard. 

Five to One
4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Thought he was coming back. Don't think anyone would have a problem wi that one. Only Gowser ever seemed to enjoy playing for us more than him

Ooft, in a heartbeat mate. One of the few Scottish players to go down south and do ok at a pretty high level. Managers and fans seem to take to him. 

1 minute ago, Torres said:

Good goal scoring form? He has 1 in his last 10 games. 

He's in to disrupt and pull defenders away to make room for other players. 

7 goals though. 2nd top scorer. 

Guest ToqueJambo

And people laughed when Locke or whoever it was played him up front.

Looking forward to having 32 year old CP running around like a madman for us for his last contract.

25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Looking forward to having 32 year old CP running around like a madman for us for his last contract.

This. I will always support Lockie and what he managed to achieve despite the 15 points deficit.

3fingersreid
54 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Think it was John McGlynn

30 minutes ago, jambodoug said:

This. I will always support Lockie and what he managed to achieve despite the 15 points deficit.

Absolutely 

John Findlay

I'm glad he has realised he was never a right back. His delivery in the second semi final against ICT was an affront to footballers of any ability.

2 hours ago, Five to One said:

See he starts for Cardiff again tonight. In good goal scoring form and keen to play up front for the national team. Always thought he looked like an attacking player rather than a right back. Or is he just a really good utility man? 

Didn’t realise he’d shifted allegiances though. 🤷‍♂️ 

C3B2ACB7-7B9F-479E-A8EC-76A2154EED89.jpeg

What’s with the eyebrows, though?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I'm glad he has realised he was never a right back. His delivery in the second semi final against ICT was an affront to footballers of any ability.

He certainly had some howlers for us as a RB in that stadium. 

Always thought he was a player that gave his all, but it was never clear what position he could make his own. He was never a defender and was never technically good enough to play in midfield or up front. 

al_hearts65

He was born in England and could have played for a couple of African countries through one of his parents and grandparents but choose Scotland.

Mr Elwood P
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Was it not Neilson away at Cowdenbeath or Dumbarton?

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Never been replaced at RB and never been replaced as a forward. 

Michael Smith is a far better right back and Naismith, Lafferty and (potentially) Boyce are all far better forwards. Paterson was a great player for us who gave everything. A victim of his own versatility.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I'm sure he scored a cracker at Cowdenbeath.

I'd start him against Israel. If Griffiths is fit put the two of them upfront together. He'd be an absolute wrecking ball for the Israeli's to try and contain. 

Gordon

Tierney McKenna Mulgrew Robertson

Forrest McGinn McTominay Fraser

Paterson Griffiths

If only we had a couple of decent centrehalfs. Mulgrew... smh. Considering RB shouldn't be that hard a position to fill (did Carragher not jokingly say its where you put slow wingers or wee centrebacks?) its weird we've got absolutely nothing there. O'Donnell isn't international standard IMO and considering the quality Tierney has, he should be in the team. Souttar could also be a decent shout. 

I'd be keeping McBurnie the **** away from the team though. £20m :D How?

I'd love to get Paterson back before he retires. Great player. 

Dallas Green
46 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Locke played him upfront against Hibs in the first Derby of the 13/14 season.

Trained One

Darren Murray used to play him up front in the U19's.  Much the utility type player even at an early age.

John Findlay
8 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Locke played him upfront against Hibs in the first Derby of the 13/14 season.

He scored the winner with a header.

John Findlay
9 hours ago, graygo said:

I'm sure he scored a cracker at Cowdenbeath.

Last away game of the season in the championship at Cowdenbeath, he hit the bar in the first 9/10 seconds. Brad MacKay scoring the winner with a last minute penalty. His only goal for Hearts.

Dallas Green
18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He scored the winner with a header.

He sure did, was an excellent header too.

12 hours ago, OTT said:

I'd start him against Israel. If Griffiths is fit put the two of them upfront together. He'd be an absolute wrecking ball for the Israeli's to try and contain. 

Gordon

Paterson Griffiths

If only we had a couple of decent centrehalfs. Mulgrew... smh. Considering RB shouldn't be that hard a position to fill (did Carragher not jokingly say its where you put slow wingers or wee centrebacks?) its weird we've got absolutely nothing there. O'Donnell isn't international standard IMO and considering the quality Tierney has, he should be in the team. Souttar could also be a decent shout. 

Has lost a good few pounds, the new streamlined Pato, if he goes to anyone, please let it be HMFC. 

John mcCartney
15 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Sure he was born in London.

He was born in Watford iirc.Mother is Scottish and lives South Queensferry ....source,an old matey originally from Kirkliston but grew up alongside his mum in South Africa.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I loved the fact he had such a great engine and he always looked dangerous still rampaging down the right late in our games. It often took him a while to get his range and some of his crosses and shots were wayward early in games, it looked like he had the wrong boots on sometimes but once he got going he was our best player attacking from deep. 

Hopefully we will see him return one day.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

J.T.F.Robertson

If we got even half the effort he gives in every game from our current shower we'd be nowhere near the situation we find ourselves in now.

Guest ToqueJambo

Always amazed me how much stick CP took form some Hearts fans. He had rough edges but a lot more technique than people gave him credit for. In terms of his personality he was our Andy Robertson - completely dedicated, worked hard to improve himself and loving every second of being a footballer.

Love the guy, unfortunately he will always be one of those players that no one will ever know what has natural position is. 

19 hours ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Paterson Griffiths

We are truely rotten in defence racking my brains to think of alternatives. Stuart findlay best of a bad bunch maybe? Throw the young lad morrison from bayern in?

Edited by Alan_R

FERRY HEARTS

At the age of 9 Calum used to score somewhere between 4 to 10 goals every game for the school team 

As his coach I dropped him back to defence to give other teams a chance .

personally I think he should have played as an attacking midfielder because he has a great engine . He  never really forgave me I think for starting his defensive career  but I get a hello from him whenever our paths cross 

Hope his career goes from strength to strength 🇱🇻

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

At the age of 9 Calum used to score somewhere between 4 to 10 goals every game for the school team 

As his coach I dropped him back to defence to give other teams a chance .

personally I think he should have played as an attacking midfielder because he has a great engine . He  never really forgave me I think for starting his defensive career  but I get a hello from him whenever our paths cross 

Hope his career goes from strength to strength 🇱🇻

You stunted the development of a natural attacker, not because you saw a defender in him, but to benefit other teams? I've never coached in my life but that sounds mental to me, is that normal?

PhoenixHearts

Where is that screenshot from? Think they need to be sent an angrily worded letter. In Scots.

FERRY HEARTS
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

You stunted the development of a natural attacker, not because you saw a defender in him, but to benefit other teams? I've never coached in my life but that sounds mental to me, is that normal?

My ethos back then and still now is to get all young lads enjoying their Saturday morning football and learning the game 

1 young lad such as Calum With great ability at an early age running circles around the opposition does not benefit the progression of our game 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

My ethos back then and still now is to get all young lads enjoying their Saturday morning football and learning the game 

1 young lad such as Calum With great ability at an early age running circles around the opposition does not benefit the progression of our game 

Developing and encouraging natural attacking talent doesn't benefit the progression of our game?

I don't doubt you're a smart guy and knowledgeable about football, this just sounds mental to me - should Grandoli have put Messi to right back in order to benefit the progression of the game when he was 9? 

FERRY HEARTS
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Developing and encouraging natural attacking talent doesn't benefit the progression of our game?

I don't doubt you're a smart guy and knowledgeable about football, this just sounds mental to me - should Grandoli have put Messi to right back in order to benefit the progression of the game when he was 9? 

Not if it’s to the detriment to the other 13 kids on the park IMO I did state mate he was 10 yr old and streets above other kids 

Iv watched young kids heads go down when there team is being ran ragged by opponents so thought to make it level playing field 

Calum then made his way through boys club level where stature is a big thing at certain clubs . Maybee that is where coaches a lot more qualified than I recognised where they  wanted him to play. As Iv said I seen him more as an attacking midfielder 👍

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Not if it’s to the detriment to the other 13 kids on the park IMO I did state mate he was 10 yr old and streets above other kids 

Iv watched young kids heads go down when there team is being ran ragged by opponents so thought to make it level playing field 

Calum then made his way through boys club level where stature is a big thing at certain clubs . Maybee that is where coaches a lot more qualified than I recognised where they  wanted him to play. As Iv said I seen him more as an attacking midfielder 👍

I get what you're saying but that's why I gave the Messi example - he was 10 and streets above the other kids too. It seems really counter productive to me to take an outstanding talent and deliberately move him to a completely different position in order to benefit others in the name of progressing the game. 

But as I say, I've never coached so what do I really know about it?