Leanne Dempster

Leveins Battalion

Leveins Battalion

I can't believe some of us were championing a move to make her the new CEO of Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

At a time when she has made circa 70 staff redundant,ruined countless lifes with this act and done so without any compassion,taste or conscience. 

Then to rub salt into all the families affected takes to social media to boast of her new signings and being able to splash the cash.

Hibs class indeed

No wonder Edinburghs elite choose to back Heart of Midlothian.

gorgie rd eh11
23 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I can't believe some of us were championing a move to make her the new CEO of Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

At a time when she has made circa 70 staff redundant,ruined countless lifes with this act and done so without any compassion,taste or conscience. 

Then to rub salt into all the families affected takes to social media to boast of her new signings and being able to splash the cash.

Hibs class indeed

I don't think many real Hearts fans were "championing" her. 

They lied to their fans about what they were going to do and now they're pretending this is ok, it's the hibs way. 

John Findlay
29 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hibs class indeed

She is just the messenger. Ron Gordon made the decision re redundancies.

She wont be the first or last management person to tell people they are losing their jobs.

Trust me it is the one aspect of management nobody likes doing.

Well she has shown that by supporting Ron the Con that she has absolutely no moral compass what so ever. 

Edited by Deevers

The vermin were quick to slate us. How dare we pay compensation for a manager when we’ve cut wages etc.

to my knowledge we haven’t let anyone go (Stand to be corrected) but that mob have had a cull and are signing 3 players. Wage cuts too.

double standards doesn’t come close

44 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Then to rub salt into all the families affected takes to social media to boast of her new signings and being able to splash the cash. 

Hibs class indeed

She’s got history dealing with stuff like that, through her experience with Motherwell, and Zoom Airlines.   Financial failure seems to follow her. 

eyesandears

She detests Hearts because of the pain we've caused them. The thing she is best at is her own PR and there are enough mugs sucked in by it.. 

Losing a job is losing a job, not ruining a life - people in the football industry know it is tough in that respect. 

Work lives are a bit more fluid that in years gone by when people worked for the same company for 40 years...

I received a phone call from a client on Wednesday telling me that a woman who sits 6m from me in their office, when I'm there, was killed in a car crash in Bathgate earlier in the week. 7 year old daughter. That is ruining a life.

Edited by Spellczech

9 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

She detests Hearts because of the pain we've caused them. The thing she is best at is her own PR and there are enough mugs sucked in by it.. 

She doesn’t know half the pain we’ve caused them over the years tbh.  I think she’s propaganda perfectionist and couldn’t give a shiny shite about them either.  

7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Losing a job is losing a job, not ruining a life - people in the football industry know it is tough in that respect. 

Work lives are a bit more fluid that in years gone by when people worked for the same company for 40 years...

I received a phone call from a client on Wednesday telling me that a woman who sits 6m from me in their office, when I'm there, was killed in a car crash in Bathgate earlier in the week. 7 year old daughter. That is ruining a life.

Sorry to hear that mate.  That’s an absolute shanner.  Read that a couple of days ago. 

17 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The vermin were quick to slate us. How dare we pay compensation for a manager when we’ve cut wages etc.

to my knowledge we haven’t let anyone go (Stand to be corrected) but that mob have had a cull and are signing 3 players. Wage cuts too.

double standards doesn’t come close

Learn to not give a shite when victimised loser clutching at straws Hibs fans say anything about Hearts.  Why oh why anyone would care is one of life’s mysteries ffs.   

eyesandears
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

She doesn’t know half the pain we’ve caused them over the years tbh.  I think she’s propaganda perfectionist and couldn’t give a shiny shite about them either.  

Indeed. She's only there until she gets her next gig or gets paid off. She's not in favour with Peruvian Ronnie.

gorgie rd eh11
9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Learn to not give a shite when victimised loser clutching at straws Hibs fans say anything about Hearts.  Why oh why anyone would care is one of life’s mysteries ffs.   

Pointing out their hypocrisy is good fun. It gets a reaction when it dawns on them, they're slavering hypocrites.

Who cares what Hibs do. At the end of this they will still have the worst derby record in Europe and the worst ever result for a Scottish team in Europe. They’re an effing embarrassment to the city.

Mitchell-89

Absolutely gutted she's not joining the club....

We'd have had 2 or 3 of the best youngsters in Europe the minute she put pen to paper 🙃

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Sounds awful.  Did hear about a major incident.  Horrible, and such a shame for friends, family, and daughter. 

1 hour ago, eyesandears said:

I doubt she’s fully aware of the embarrassment, over many decades, that Hearts have caused Hibs..

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

At a time when she has made circa 70 staff redundant,ruined countless lifes with this act and done so without any compassion,taste or conscience

You actually know that , or (who knows why) just made it up ?

With me putting my heart and soul into hoping they go bankrupt, I was devastated to learn that they have been able to spend money on buying players.  My hopes have been dashed, for the moment.

Allowayjambo1874

Don’t understand how the Hibs fans didn’t turn on her for being on the HSL board encouraging people to ‘buy shares’ whilst at the same time being fully aware of Ron the Con’s intention to buy over Hibs and stopping shares becoming available. Up until then she seemed to be doing a decent job, but after that sham I wouldn’t want her anywhere near Tynecastle. 

11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

With me putting my heart and soul into hoping they go bankrupt, I was devastated to learn that they have been able to spend money on buying players.  My hopes have been dashed, for the moment.

That wont be happening any time soon.   What will be happening is players like boyle and kamberi will leave and more free transfers from hamilton and st johnston will come in.  Some will do okay but after a while they will be a st johnston or hamilton.   No youth and more journeymen passing through.

Owner puts money in, recorded on books as debt owed.   Over time this builds up to him wanting the money back.    

Either find a buyer to clear debt or stadium sold to cover the debt.    

Small sidestep;    reason above is why i never want another owner at hearts outside FOH.    Someone wants to invest with no financial return well they can have a seat on the board. But why would we ever want to risk our club again.     

Under farmer hibs were safe, fans were slowly buying shares to secure the club long term. Thats all gone now.     It will be a slow and painful decline, i cant wait to sit and laugh from gorgie. Fek them. Fek them all.

6 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Don’t understand how the Hibs fans didn’t turn on her for being on the HSL board encouraging people to ‘buy shares’ whilst at the same time being fully aware of Ron the Con’s intention to buy over Hibs and stopping shares becoming available. Up until then she seemed to be doing a decent job, but after that sham I wouldn’t want her anywhere near Tynecastle. 

I always thought it strange they never called her out on that.    Another reason she should never be anywhere near our club.

Also during that time did she not have a conflict of interest as a board member at both hsl and hibs during a takeover she knew would affect hsl, so should have resigned from hsl?

Allowayjambo1874
2 minutes ago, Elshin said:

I always thought it strange they never called her out on that.    Another reason she should never be anywhere near our club.

Also during that time did she not have a conflict of interest as a board member at both hsl and hibs during a takeover she knew would affect hsl, so should have resigned from hsl?

100% conflict of interest which is why Anne Budge whilst a member of FOH is not involved in any capacity with the governance of it. 

57 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

100% conflict of interest which is why Anne Budge whilst a member of FOH is not involved in any capacity with the governance of it. 

Imagine if it was the other way around.... the all lochender financial experts would be all over it.

They really are a horrible club with a crappy wee support

She obviously looks on the Nisbet signing as an investment that will bring the club more money in than the outlay and wages. Time will tell but seems like putting a heck of a lot of faith in the mgr's judgment. Doesn't look good at the moment.

Edited by steven_mck

On 11/07/2020 at 09:30, Kiwidoug said:

Foreign owner and all that ? 

He will get fed up in time and lose interest in his “WEE” Toy and soon enough. Then let’s see what happens.

Destroying their academy. Getting rid of folk that have worked there for years. Nae Self funding scheme as hard as they try. 

Oh, and going out and signing fat lumps for a quarter of a mill who look more like an advert for McDonald’s than a football player 

Have faith - There is a god. Clocks still ticking 👍

She should have had the integrity to walk after her decision on Lennon was reversed. She’s been going through the motions like a lapdug ever since. I’d rather we got David Southern back to be honest. Dempster is a bit of a mouse.

Edited by JimmyCant

On 10/07/2020 at 20:03, Leveins Battalion said:

Hibs class indeed

She is doing her job as CEO and trying to keep their club going under the financial constraints that most if not all clubs are under just now. The owner of the club will be no doubt giving her directives regarding how much money they have to spend or save.

AB has made no secret of the fact that she respects her work however it seems that people have put 2+2 together and got 5 here.

On a personal note I would not want her at Hearts simply because she has been at Hibs but it does not detract from her abiltity to do her job well.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

'Oli Shaw, one of the best young strikers in Europe'. 

I’d rather here that publicly from an employee than ‘Vanacek is rubbish’

Both statements are incorrect obviously 

Edited by JimmyCant

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

She should have had the integrity to walk after her decision on Lennon was reversed. She’s been going through the motions like a lapdug ever since. I’d rather we got David Southern back to be honest. Dempster is a bit of a mouse.

Me too.  He did a good job under impossible conditions.

On 12/07/2020 at 13:34, Maple Leaf said:

Me too.  He did a good job under impossible conditions.

On an absolutely mental salary I'd imagine.