Cat names

ri Alban

We've had Stella and corona for about 10 years now.  Got prior to kids arriving so never thought about kids telling teachers the names of the bloody things....    also shouting corona at the moment gives us strange looks.  

My cat hates everyone and only wants to cuddle into me, she's not a lap cat and doesn't like being handled. She'll sleep most of the day and only wakes to have some food. Then from about 9pm onwards, she'll have a mental 10 minutes and race round the flat, stop for a toilet break or water/food then she'll continue to go nuts (good job she doesn't like catnip) for another 15 minutes. Then she will go back to sleep for an hour. She always finds a new place to hide which baffles me because my pad isn't that big. Still a cool creature. Her claws can be a problem sometimes but she's pretty chilled and cool. She also likes it when I make my lunch for work because chances are she get a bit of meat or chicken if not I have caught her trying to help herself. She is always trying to turn the key to her treat cupboard too.

Edited by Marvin

13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

We have recently bought a wee grey/silvery kitten(Girl) and we appreciate some names. 

Names we are considering so far. 

Tinkerbell

Tizer

Storm

Ash

Rogue

Cleopatra. 

If you could help an old fart out, please!  👍

I expect some mental suggestions, being Kickback and Aa that. :D

I can’t have cats any more (allergy), but if I could, I quite like Skills for a name.

Given your political bent, I’m surprised you’re not considering the likes of Alunya, Alonia or simply...Alan

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Blitzen or Nyx? What'd you think. 

Trying to get a name to suit her colouring. Might go with Blue for her eyes, but that sounds male. 

Azure or Cyan...

I remember aged about 8 asking a classmate if they had any cats.

Two, he replied.

Oh, what's their names?

****face and Percy! (Yes - the asterisks ARE for that 4-letter word beginning with F) :lol: 

Looking back, I don't know which one is funnier...****face or Percy :lol: 

Boudicca/Boudicea Shortened to Bo/Beau, seems to be the winner. But that may change, as I've been at work and the grandwean may have picked the name.  :D

I appreciate the response, JKBackers. 👍

Edited by ri Alban

I had a cat a good few years ago, called him Derek. No idea why but he was a great cat really friendly and loving. Also had a pet fresh water cray fish who was named Ernest. 😊

Edited by Dannie Boy

13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Thanks, there's some suggestions in the running. We should have a result later on today.

The Granddaughter will probably decide on some other name. Chip or Potato fae Netflix :D

Had a budgie called chip when I was a bairn. Shan pet and shan name.

Our two were named by the mrs, one called lagertha from vikings and the other yennefer from the Witcher, I just call them wee yin and fatty.

wentworth jambo

Got 2 kittens in 1999 - obviously called them Adam and Cameron after the previous summer....Cameron only snuffed it 2 years ago, Adam was the year before....went without a cat for a year and a bit, saw one moose and had a new black kitten the next day....hate mice 

On 11/07/2020 at 17:56, Dannie Boy said:

I had a cat a good few years ago, called him Derek. No idea why but he was a great cat really friendly and loving. Also had a pet fresh water cray fish who was named Ernest. 😊

I had a tortoise called Salty.

🤷🏿‍♂️

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Meet Wee Bo

IMG-20200711-WA0001.jpg

Cute!

I love cats, had them all my life. Love almost all animals, right enough. It's our species I have problems with. (maybe down to self-loathing, whae kens?)

3 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Cute!

I love cats, had them all my life. Love almost all animals, right enough. It's our species I have problems with. (maybe down to self-loathing, whae kens?)

Thanks Bud. 👍 She's certainly livened up the hoose. Big smiles everywhere. 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Thanks Bud. 👍 She's certainly livened up the hoose. Big smiles everywhere. 

Quasi.

Well if you're going to be a spoil sport and put a bell on her collar, that's all the poor thing is going hear.........the bells...........the.....bells.  😂

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

There's an occasional poster on here with a cat called Bismarck.

NT?

7 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Quasi.

Well if you're going to be a spoil sport and put a bell on her collar, that's all the poor thing is going hear.........the bells...........the.....bells.  😂

🤣 She gave me water! 

5 hours ago, Boof said:

Here's Zelda doon at the beach...

Image may contain: sky, ocean, cloud, beach, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor, nature and water

A wee cracker! 

11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

A wee cracker! 

She is! Occasionally affectionate too which is a bonus.

Not so good is the daily present of half a baby rabbit on the doorstep in the mornings 🤢