Hospitality open at Tynie - Eat out to Help out!!

August Landmesser

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• DETTY29

• Beave1874

• Francis Albert

jamboinglasgow

I agree, hospitality helps the club out a lot so good to see the club are able to make some revenue again from it.

Hospitality at Tynecastle is excellent - never been in the skyline lounge but matchdays in the Gorgie suite are always great - might book for the pints in there

Hospitality is one thing the club consistently gets right, superb experience!

18 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Absolutely love that the guidelines are officially labelled the ‘Gorgie Rules’.

the pdf is "Gorgie rules apply" :robboyas:

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good news for getting more income into the Football club 

Maybe, if the numbers attending are ok. 

Francis Albert

I second  comments about how good Hearts  hospitality is. Far better than Anfield and Old Trafford and better even than Spurs which is also good. The only downside in  the last couple of years has been having to watch the football which even being anaesthetised by Gorgie Suite alcohol consumption has been far from painless.

Edited by Francis Albert

59 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I second  comments about how good Hearts  hospitality is. Far better than Anfield and Old Trafford and better even than Spurs which is also good. The only downside in  the last couple of years has been having to watch the football which even being anaesthetised by Gorgie Suite alcohol consumption has been far from painless.

You must be slowing down FA, I can usually indulge myself sufficiently that I have little recollection of what happened on the pitch!

🍷🍷🍻🍻:sleepy:

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, RobNox said:

You must be slowing down FA, I can usually indulge myself sufficiently that I have little recollection of what happened on the pitch!

🍷🍷🍻🍻:sleepy:

Yep. Have to admit I am getting on a bit.

Certainly the (theoretical)  limit of 10 drinks has not been an issue for a while! 

Edited by Francis Albert

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yep. Have to admit I am getting on a bit.

Certainly the (theoretical)  limit of 10 drinks has not been an issue for a while! 

Doesn't stop you ****ing moaning though.

About everything.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Doesn't stop you ****ing moaning though.

About everything.

Why on earth would getting old stop you moaning? One of the few advantages of growing old is an entitlement to moan.

In my mind at least!

Why on earth would getting old stop you moaning? One of the few advantages of growing old is an entitlement to moan.

In my mind at least!

I hoped the older you got the wiser you got.

Oh well.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I hoped the older you got the wiser you got.

Oh well.

Live long enough and you'll find out I suppose.

Live long enough and you'll find out I suppose.

You're not the greatest roll model. 

Think I'll end it soon if that's the case.

Cheers for the advice. 

Francis Albert

Anyway after that little diversion I again strongly recommend Hearts hospitality. And since I apparently moan about everything what stronger recommendation could anyone want.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Anyway after that little diversion I again strongly recommend Hearts hospitality. And since I apparently moan about everything what stronger recommendation could anyone want.

No point in your 1st post then. 

Here's some free advice from a youngster, bin your 1st instincts, remember who you support and stop being so antagonistic.

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

No point in your 1st post then. 

Here's some free advice from a youngster, bin your 1st instincts, remember who you support and stop being so antagonistic.

What first post are you talking about? Why do I have to remember who I support? And who is being antagonistic? And why are you so determined to take this thread off topic?

(And it is role model not roll model. A mistake not easily excused by fat fingers on a keyboard. )

PS I guess  that your objection to.my first post on this thread is probably that I suggested Hearts have often  been painful  to watch recently. I doubt lots of Hearts fans would disagree with that. My point on topic  being that the quality of Hearts hospitality was some compensation for that.

Here is some advice from an oldster ... grow up, try to read and try to.think.

Sorry that may be antagonistic but you started it.

Edited by Francis Albert

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What first post are you talking about? Why do I have to remember who I support? And who is being antagonistic? And why are you so determined to take this thread off topic?

(And it is role model not roll model. A mistake not easily excused by fat fingers on a keyboard. )

PS I guess  that your objection to.my fist post on this thread is probably that I suggested Hearts have often  been painful  to watch recently. I doubt lots of Hearts fans would disagree with that. My point on topic  being that the quality of Hearts hospitality was some compensation for that.

Glad you admit going of topic to slag off the team. 

Enjoy your beauty sleep. 

We move on. 

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Glad you admit going of topic to slag off the team. 

Enjoy your beauty sleep. 

We move on. 

A bit early for me.

My comment about the quality of recent performances was  entirely on topic because it was about how the quality of hospitality compensated for it, or as another poster said even obliterated the painful experience of watching it.

Edited by Francis Albert

As soon as I am out of Shielding, I'll be over from Fife to lap this up. Will try and book 12 to 4 - Quick Gorgie Fish Supper - Then 5 till 10. This been along 3 months or so...

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A bit early for me.

My comment about the quality of recent performances was  entirely on topic because it was about how the quality of hospitality compensated for it, or as another poster said even obliterated the painful experience of watching it.

No. I'm only seeeing positives from AL posters until you dive in with your usual negative spin. 

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

. The only downside in  the last couple of years has been having to watch the football

Its a shame you can't see it yourself and keep diverting your agenda with petty swipes about spelling. 

Sad really. 

bean counter

I had booked the skyline restaurant for early April so am pleased it's back open again.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Not that I go very often but everytime I've been to hospitality it has has always been first class

davemclaren
4 hours ago, bean counter said:

I had booked the skyline restaurant for early April so am pleased it's back open again.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Not that I go very often but everytime I've been to hospitality it has has always been first class

The food in the skyline was certainly very good when I was there last summer. 

On 13/07/2020 at 22:24, davemclaren said:

The food in the skyline was certainly very good when I was there last summer. 

👍 never been, but booked for meal at the weekend. 

Was in the skyline tonight along with a certain Dr Budge also dining there.Was taken out to see the pitch and we were told they had to hire a machine to pump CO2 into the pitch as it was too "dense"  none of these footballer types digging divots in it. Food was great intending to go back again at some point.

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, brownkg said:

Was in the skyline tonight along with a certain Dr Budge also dining there.Was taken out to see the pitch and we were told they had to hire a machine to pump CO2 into the pitch as it was too "dense"  none of these footballer types digging divots in it. Food was great intending to go back again at some point.

Namedropper. 😎

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, brownkg said:

glad you enjoyed tonight was there for the Hogmanay party with the wife brilliant night and a certain Dr Budge was also in attendance, the only downer was a certain geezer who has a permanent free seat at Tynecastle for life who shall be nameless was also there. :whistling: 

Does anyone know if the Gorgie Suite shows live games on TV? Looking to go out to watch Leeds on Sunday, so it would be ideal if I could do that in the  Gorgie Suite.

Just pies at £2 each.

We seemed to be the only table that has a round of them and they ran out.

All alcohol drinks £4 and soft £2.  Pints were just Amstel or Coast to Coast.

28 booked in all together but there might have been a couple of walk ins.

I'm trying to remember since last time I was in the Gorgie suite, but it appears to have had a luck of paint.  All the wall were grey.   Wood finish before?

Edited by DETTY29

7 hours ago, Satsumo said:

Does anyone know if the Gorgie Suite shows live games on TV? Looking to go out to watch Leeds on Sunday, so it would be ideal if I could do that in the  Gorgie Suite.

Yep.

2 screens on.

25 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep.

2 screens on.

Can also confirm 1 screen, showing the football, on in the skyline lounge last night. It’s all about your seating position though. Mrs B was kind enough to look over the skyline while I took in the game. Romance is still alive 😀

Nicholas Brody

What's the seating like. I've booked in 6 of us but now realising the table of two might be miles away from the table of four 😅