Hospitality open at Tynie - Eat out to Help out!!

August Landmesser

Sorry to be a pain again. Need to provide ID which is fair enough but bank card ok? Do they even ask if you have your ticket on phone? Lost my licence somewhere in the house and defo do not want to take my passport!! Especially as out on the ran dan for the first time in months. Can anyone confirm ? 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• DETTY29

• Beave1874

• Francis Albert

Weakened Offender
10 hours ago, wavydavy said:

What is the social distancing and general compliance with the rules like ?

When I was there a couple of weeks ago it was excellent. Temperature taken upon arrival, you move from reception to the suite in your party only and in the suite, the tables are well spaced out. If you are taking anyone who is apprehensive then you will leave fully satisfied, they have it down to a tee. 

2 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Sorry to be a pain again. Need to provide ID which is fair enough but bank card ok? Do they even ask if you have your ticket on phone? Lost my licence somewhere in the house and defo do not want to take my passport!! Especially as out on the ran dan for the first time in months. Can anyone confirm ? 

May be different at weekends if busier but on Thursdays (been x3) it's just give your name that is checked against a list if pre-booked.

25 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

When I was there a couple of weeks ago it was excellent. Temperature taken upon arrival, you move from reception to the suite in your party only and in the suite, the tables are well spaced out. If you are taking anyone who is apprehensive then you will leave fully satisfied, they have it down to a tee. 

Totally agree with this, also the staff were all wearing masks. The staff that were serving the food seemed to keep chat to a minimum, but the maître d' chatted away when we initiated conversation.  I'd definitely recommend it for anyone who is anxious about going to a restaurant.

husref musemic
11 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I've been out for three meals recently & tynecastle was great. We actually commented how much better organised, spaced & ran than the other places we'd been. Made us all feel very comfortable. 

48 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

I've been out for three meals recently & tynecastle was great. We actually commented how much better organised, spaced & ran than the other places we'd been. Made us all feel very comfortable. 

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear they are complying. Might take my wife there for a meal soon. Not been out for a meal in ages.

12 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Tables well spaced out. Toilets regularly cleaned, staff all wear masks, temp taken on entrance etc.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Tables well spaced out. Toilets regularly cleaned, staff all wear masks, temp taken on entrance etc.

Good, thanks for the update. Nice to know that we are fully complying unlike many places.

Have not been to the Sky Lounge yet so might go soon for a meal.

Three Sheets to the wind.... Lovely afternoon. Staff excellent,

Bought another Gnome and considering calling him BJ after his Big bro JJ 

Thoughts? 

Edited by Beave1874

3fingersreid

Just back after my wife and I were taken out for a thank you meal . 
Food was excellent , staff were superb . If you get the chance go , it’s well worth it 👍🏻

There tonight thanks to the other half. Amazing. Whole experience was top class. The whole Covid restrictions were amazing and toilet attendant there all the time cleaning. Brilliant. Food amazing and for the price just incredible. Have to say the staff were impeccable. Definitely be back. Go folks. ♥️🇱🇻♥️

Edited by 1971fozzy

23 hours ago, wavydavy said:

could not be better. Seriously top class . Never felt safer in an environment, couldn’t do any more 10/10

12 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Thoughts? 

BB surely?

10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

could not be better. Seriously top class . Never felt safer in an environment, couldn’t do any more 10/10

Good news, thanks.

My family treated me for my 70th birthday on Saturday night to the Skyline restaurant we all had a great time, the service was faultless the food was really good. This was my first time out since lockdown and felt totally safe and relaxed. Would highly recommend it looking forward to a return visit and will consider swapping our seats for a visit when the footie allows us back into Tynie.

3 hours ago, Wilbur H said:

My family treated me for my 70th birthday on Saturday night to the Skyline restaurant we all had a great time, the service was faultless the food was really good. This was my first time out since lockdown and felt totally safe and relaxed. Would highly recommend it looking forward to a return visit and will consider swapping our seats for a visit when the footie allows us back into Tynie.

👍👍 we were at the other side and saw your balloons etc. Glad you had a great night. It is fantastic 

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Not sure I agree on the loyalty points for eating a meal thing.

difficult times drive difficult solutions. 

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

People are still spending money with the club. It's a nice wee gesture that won't make a huge difference to loyalty point totals. 

55 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The loyalty part sort of gives it away. Eat somewhere else you r show a little loyalty to the club, you get a loyalty point. Not rocket science and not sure it makes a whole lot of difference to anyone. 

6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

The loyalty part sort of gives it away. Eat somewhere else you r show a little loyalty to the club, you get a loyalty point. Not rocket science and not sure it makes a whole lot of difference to anyone. 

Thanks for explaining that to me, Dazo.

Bazzas right boot
On 22/08/2020 at 20:42, Beave1874 said:

Thoughts? 

Cannae beat day out rounded of by purchasing a gnome. 

Sign of a good night. 

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

If it encourages spend, costs the club nothing, then it has to be positive. We all benefit from more income.

Reality is there will be very few times LPs are needed these days

18 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Thanks for explaining that to me, Dazo.

Pleasure. 👍

Went for Sunday lunch, found the service mediocre but the food was great. Would go back. 

fabienleclerq
19 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Same, that's an own goal imo. 

Hibs loyalty points system fell apart because of stuff like this. 

8 minutes ago, pablo said:

Not specifically at you Dave, but is the only way to book by calling the club on the number on the website and talking to someone about availability?

Yes. Quite quick to respond. 

Fxxx the SPFL

looking forward for the first time for a drink with the mates in the Gorgie Suite 12-4 good game on sky sports Derby v Barrow EFL cup better than that pish that's on just now. having to take the wife though pity she's a season ticket holder  the only reason she gets to go becaues her conversation is pish lol

SectionDJambo

Went to the Gorgie Bar tonight, with a couple of mates. First class night, with my own tribe. Wasn’t as busy as I thought, for a Friday night, but can recommend.

Get along and support our club.

27 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Was at the Skyline tonight. Everything first class...Will be back.

was there last Saturday with 2 other couples. Great night and meal and drinks.

wife was very impressed. So much that she told our 2 daughters that we are  going to take is them for night out with their partners.

9 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Went to the Gorgie Bar tonight, with a couple of mates. First class night, with my own tribe. Wasn’t as busy as I thought, for a Friday night, but can recommend.

Can you just pitch up at the door Section ?

meeting mate up town for couple the day and seems a good place to start and catch above mentioned game 

SectionDJambo

You can, but you need to give details as you go in. Tables could all be booked up, though. Just a chance you need to take.

You can maybe still  book in online today, before you go.

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 22:45, SectionDJambo said:

I have to said I was rather disappointed. we had a great meal up stairs in the sky lounge then after we went down to the Gorgie Bar ordered a pitcher of beer and went outside to look at the stadium came back in to find a 4 pint milk carton filled with beer and plastic glasses. One of us had a vodka and Redbull which costs 4 pound asked for a second vodka as we had plenty Redbull left to get charged another 4 pound for the vodka alone. with them saying all drinks are 4 pound. I said I would have a double then and they said that does not count.

I just didn't get the plastic it is a bar with all the infrastructure there but the service felt like a festival pop up bar.

On 25/08/2020 at 13:12, Notts1874 said:

10% off to Season Ticket holders and pledgers on a Wednesday and Thursday plus a cheeky wee loyalty point for season ticket holders each time you dine. 

Great decision. Agree with it wholeheartedly.

1 hour ago, jambojai said:

I have to said I was rather disappointed. we had a great meal up stairs in the sky lounge then after we went down to the Gorgie Bar ordered a pitcher of beer and went outside to look at the stadium came back in to find a 4 pint milk carton filled with beer and plastic glasses. One of us had a vodka and Redbull which costs 4 pound asked for a second vodka as we had plenty Redbull left to get charged another 4 pound for the vodka alone. with them saying all drinks are 4 pound. I said I would have a double then and they said that does not count.

I just didn't get the plastic it is a bar with all the infrastructure there but the service felt like a festival pop up bar.

Very trendy are milk container pitchers I believe. Similar to Cocktails in jam jars. 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Very trendy are milk container pitchers I believe. Similar to Cocktails in jam jars. 🤷🏼‍♂️

My favourite is beer direct from the font via a tube to my mouth. Saves on all that washing up as well.

5 minutes ago, jambojai said:

lol DM I never thought that, I am so yesterday with trends.....

Me too. Our local mini brewery sells growlers to take away. They are just 1l milk cartons filled with beer. I prefer cans or bottles.