Hospitality open at Tynie - Eat out to Help out!!

August Landmesser

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• DETTY29

• Beave1874

• Francis Albert

4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Just pies at £2 each.

We seemed to be the only table that has a round of them and they ran out.

All alcohol drinks £4 and soft £2.  Pints were just Amstel or Coast to Coast.

28 booked in all together but there might have been a couple of walk ins.

I'm trying to remember since last time I was in the Gorgie suite, but it appears to have had a luck of paint.  All the wall were grey.   Wood finish before?

The Gorgie suite was refurbished at least 2 years ago, possibly longer.

32 minutes ago, obua said:

The Gorgie suite was refurbished at least 2 years ago, possibly longer.

I cant remember the walls being all grey.

And I've been in a few times in the last 2 years.

Only once not drinking though. 

davemclaren
3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I cant remember the walls being all grey.

And I've been in a few times in the last 2 years.

Only once not drinking though. 

It was done up a couple of years ago. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Looking forward to a wee session this afternoon picked the wrong day for live footie hopefully showing Stoke v Brentford would be funny if Brentford gained automatic promotion at the expense of West Brom.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Anyone there today?

yep me and the better half 12-4 good afternoon around 40 punters in pies, pizza and sausage rolls £4 a drink maroon pounds to the club watched Stoke v Brentford, then Tynie arms for a couple then whighams. good day recommend Gorgie Suite especially with a few of your mates. i'm glad the footie was on the wife's patter was cack

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

yep me and the better half 12-4 good afternoon around 40 punters in pies, pizza and sausage rolls £4 a drink maroon pounds to the club watched Stoke v Brentford, then Tynie arms for a couple then whighams. good day recommend Gorgie Suite especially with a few of your mates. i'm glad the footie was on the wife's patter was cack

Sounds good. 😄

Dennis Reynolds
On 16/07/2020 at 17:47, davemclaren said:

It was done up a couple of years ago. 

The operations manager was saying it's been redecorated during lockdown. 

It's a decent set up in there. The thermometer was a bit off when I was getting my temp done. Gave me a bit of a fright 😅 

Big tables and small tables all around. Access to the stand to take in the lovely looking pitch. It's getting the top chopped off soon apparently as it's getting too thick because nothings getting done on it! They're only expecting four home games before the end of the year as well.

Would recommend it. Guinness on tap!

davemclaren
Just now, LMc said:

It's a decent set up in there. The thermometer was a bit off when I was getting my temp done. Gave me a bit of a fright 😅 

Big tables and small tables all around. Access to the stand to take in the lovely looking pitch. It's getting the top chopped off soon apparently as it's getting too thick because nothings getting done on it! They're only expecting four home games before the end of the year as well.

Guinness on tap is a big improvement. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, JamboPete said:

Is the 1874 Bar still closed?

I assumed they were just using the Gorgie Suite as it will be much easier to social distance in there. 

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Really enjoyed meal at the Skyline lounge the other night, Highly recomend it 👍

Booked in next Saturday. Been to all the other times they have opened it.

Food is excellent and pricing is really good.

Clark Griswold
On 16/07/2020 at 09:47, DETTY29 said:

The pitchers appeared to be empty milk cartons.....Screenshot_20200716-094612_Gallery.jpg

Hot Pies? What were their names?

:jjyay:

17 hours ago, LMc said:

Aye,

Don't go in if you have a temperature.

If it was right, 3 of the 4 of us were other way and had hypothermia. 

Edited by DETTY29

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Aye,

Don't go in if you have a temperature.

If it was right, 3 of the 4 of us were other way and had hypothermia. 

🤣 

I was a balmy 36.5C yet one of our party was 34.5C. 

7 minutes ago, LMc said:

🤣

I was a balmy 36.5C yet one of our party was 34.5C. 

One 36.5 too and 3 between 34.7 and 35.1.....

I'd done an 8 mile walk before Tynie and got as high as Buckstone.  Hardly Everest.....

Edited by DETTY29

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

£1 for crisps, wtf are they, unicorn nipples? 

Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

One 36.5 too and 3 between 34.7 and 35.1.....

I'd done an 8 mile walk before Tynie and got as high as Buckstone.  Hardly Everest.....

Where they using hand held thermometers pointing at your forehead?

As accurate as a Daily Record story!

24 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Where they using hand held thermometers pointing at your forehead?

As accurate as a Daily Record story!

Yep.

• 2 weeks later...
credit card

Was there on Sunday at lunchtime. It was a sell out which was good to hear.  Braw grub, lots of space for anyone worried about social distancing and well worth it. Going again this week.

All great news.  Can't help thinking our many detractors must absolutely hate us.  As a Hearts family we just go from strength to strength.

On 19/07/2020 at 16:31, Clark Griswold said:

I once went out with a hot chick from Aberdeen, asked me my favourite food ? I said I’m a simple human and love a PIE, 

she replied “ I hate pehs “I’m  still traumatised 30yrs later 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮.    🤮

We went to the Dine out in the European lounge on the first floor last night and it was really good food and a very safe environment. Worked out under £20 each for a 3 course meal and drinks so outstanding value. We had our temperature taken on arrival and my grandson, bless him asked in all seriousness "have I got it?" Really recommended but sold out for next week already but I'll be back 👍

davemclaren
57 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

We went to the Dine out in the European lounge on the first floor last night and it was really good food and a very safe environment. Worked out under £20 each for a 3 course meal and drinks so outstanding value. We had our temperature taken on arrival and my grandson, bless him asked in all seriousness "have I got it?" Really recommended but sold out for next week already but I'll be back 👍

Good news that it seems to be going well. I was a bit sceptical when I first heard they were opening up the hospitality suites outside match days. 

tynietigers
21 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Good news that it seems to be going well. I was a bit sceptical when I first heard they were opening up the hospitality suites outside match days. 

I know a few of the chefs and GP the head of hospitality, and they are always working hard to come up with ideas to have Tynie open and give what they believe the best experience to the Hearts fans 👍🏻

Went to the Skyline last night and it was lovely, well planned out from the club and excellent food and hosting. Would definitely recommend!

IveSeenTheLight
On 30/07/2020 at 20:49, maggieb said:

I once went out with a hot chick from Aberdeen, asked me my favourite food ? I said I’m a simple human and love a PIE, 

she replied “ I hate pehs “I’m  still traumatised 30yrs later 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮.    🤮

she wasn’t from Aberdeen then

Thats more of a Dundonian accent XD

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

davemclaren
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

she wasn’t from Aberdeen then

Thats more of a Dundonian accent XD

True. Fit like...

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

True. Fit like...

No Dave she wasn’t fit at all.  No matter where she sat down, there was always a part of her sitting near you 

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

No Dave she wasn’t fit at all.  No matter where she sat down, there was always a part of her sitting near you 

🤣🤣 

Do you have to book to go to the 1874 bar ?  Going to the skyline for a meal and want to go there before it but unsure if we need to book into there as well ?

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Do you have to book to go to the 1874 bar ?  Going to the skyline for a meal and want to go there before it but unsure if we need to book into there as well ?

Not sure if 1874Bar is open, it was the Gorgie suite that was doing drinks.

Skyline was fabulous, the Sunday £20 deal is fantastic value, and the drinks were reasonably priced too. I would highly recommend.

Just now, Biffa Bacon said:

Not sure if 1874Bar is open, it was the Gorgie suite that was doing drinks.

Skyline was fabulous, the Sunday £20 deal is fantastic value, and the drinks were reasonably priced too. I would highly recommend.

Cheers

4 hours ago, HMFC1-5 said:

Went to the Skyline last night and it was lovely, well planned out from the club and excellent food and hosting. Would definitely recommend!

The skyline lounge is on trip advisor so maybe leave a review on there if you can. I was really impressed also and plan to go back. Nice meal but it’s also helping our club in these strange times. 

4 hours ago, HMFC1-5 said:

Is there a dress code or is smart casual acceptable.

Biffa Bacon
8 hours ago, obua said:

Is there a dress code or is smart casual acceptable.

No specific dress code. I had shorts and a polo shirt. No issues, it is a very relaxed atmosphere. Temperature checks before entry, masks worn by staff and social distancing observed. It felt safe.

44 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

No specific dress code. I had shorts and a polo shirt. No issues, it is a very relaxed atmosphere. Temperature checks before entry, masks worn by staff and social distancing observed. It felt safe.

Thanks👍.