The Jimmy Jimmy Thread

Gilamas

Just by way of a shout out to Jimmy Jimmy who posted this nice introductory message on another thread. I don't know Jimmy Jimmy but thought it was a decent touch to post an introductory message and that it should have a clear platform - both for itself and by way of welcoming other new members (other than the stirrers and trouble-makers!):

Morning all - newbie here so a bit of background info. Just moved to Edinburgh from Northern Ireland (one son in Aberdeen, one in Newcastle so here is in the middle) so have decided to follow Hearts mainly because of the high percentage of NI players here although Boyce rarely starts for NI.

I was going to do an introductory thread but could not see how to, maybe I have to serve a period of time first.

And as this was the biggest thread, I thought I would start here. What on earth is going on with Scottish Football.

My username is also a reference to my favourite Undertones song although it could be a tribute to our rich friend!

Good tune, was wondering if the thread title was a reference to the Undertones. You have certainly picked an interesting time to start following the famous!

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

@Jimmy Jimmy

A heads up for you that this thread is up and running,  not sure where it’s running too😂

Welcome to the Club.

Don't expect  reply before Wednesday week Dannie.

No one saw the ambulance that took little Jim away......great upbeat sad song, welcome. Saw the Undertones at the Odeon 1980.

Jimmy Jimmy

Ha ha, excellent and thank you. It was only after I posted my message that I saw the big "Start a topic" button at the top of the page. 

Undertones or Moondogs tho?

FERRY HEARTS

You know your music and have chose the Best team in the land to follow 

welcome aboard mate 🇱🇻HHGH🇱🇻

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

No one saw the ambulance that took little Jim away......great upbeat sad song, welcome. Saw the Undertones at the Odeon 1980.

Yep, me too!   :icon14:

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Jimmy said:

Ha ha, excellent and thank you. It was only after I posted my message that I saw the big "Start a topic" button at the top of the page. 

Undertones or Moondogs tho?

or Ruefrex?  😀

I really hope Jimmy Jimmy doesn't turn out to be ANOTHER interloper on here , **** knows we've had enough of those sad sacks in the last few months 🙄

Greedy Jambo
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Reekin

I was wondering who'd be the first to call him a hobo, haha. 

My Perfect Cousin is surely everyone's favourite Undertones track. Apart from John Peel's obviously.

maroonsgotop
6 hours ago, Kenny Airds Sideburns said:

welcome, Ive got a cousin called Kevin ...

he's sure to go to heaven

Welcome to the rollercoaster that is being a Jambo Jimmy.

Teenage Kicks is their best song. It was a My Generation for my generation.

Love them all mind and also That Petrol Emotion which featured the O Neil brothers

10 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

One of many fine tunes from The Undertones.

I know Feargal Sharkey well - he's now obsessed with the regulation of Britain's water ways and protecting the rights of fly fishing. A good friend and still chain-smoking after all these years. There's a movie about the music scene back then called Good Vibrations that you might enjoy. 

Jimmy Jimmy

Loving this thread! As I said on my 2nd post on the other thread, I think a lot of the jokes will go over my head and being honest in saying that I didnt pay too much attention to Scottish football when living at home. It was automatically assumed that you supported Rangers or Celtic and that wasn't for me.

I probably wont even post that much for fear of saying the wrong thing until I find my feet!

Anyway, much as I like Teenage Kicks, my top three Undertones tracks would be:

Jimmy Jimmy

Get over you

Here comes the summer (a minute and half of perfection)

Jimmy Jimmy
10 hours ago, Deodato said:

I know Feargal Sharkey well - he's now obsessed with the regulation of Britain's water ways and protecting the rights of fly fishing. A good friend and still chain-smoking after all these years. There's a movie about the music scene back then called Good Vibrations that you might enjoy. 

Is he not doing something with music still, one of those star things. Never struck me as a fly Fisher man but there you go. I had to watch Good Vibrations twice as I cried the whole way through it, a reminder of my youth. Good to see some of the Outcasts playing parts too lol

On 10/07/2020 at 13:43, AndyNic said:

Could have sworn I read the thread as The Jimmy Dunne Thread 

:facepalm:

I see Jimmy Dunne is on the subs bench for Burnley today at Liverpool.

Probably the best gig I ever went to was the Undertones in St Andrews in 1979. Nearly all 40 of us on the stage by the encore. 

Welcome Jimmy Jimmy, great song but the less well known Emergency cases is probably my favourite. 

Of course, Mr Sharkey left The Undertones, was in The Assembly and serenaded Doncaster and the SPFL for when we’d have their next fiscal planning and good management initiatives:

Harry Potter
56 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I see Jimmy Dunne is on the subs bench for Burnley today at Liverpool.

I liked him.

Was it not the undertones that were meant to be playing live one Christmas on tv? The drumsticks chapped together and then the singing started. Then everyone started looking at each other in bemusement as they were meant to be mining to a recording. I vaguely seem to recall this. 

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Was it not the undertones that were meant to be playing live one Christmas on tv? The drumsticks chapped together and then the singing started. Then everyone started looking at each other in bemusement as they were meant to be mining to a recording. I vaguely seem to recall this. 

Would it be this?

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Whatever happened to that guy?

Stopped posting around mid-2018, but has made a few posts since.  3 or 4 maybe, at best.

I actually quite liked him tbh.

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Yes that’s it. Does it give the year 

Doesn't give the year, but I saw somewhere else that it was 1985.

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

Doesn't give the year, but I saw somewhere else that it was 1985.

Wow. Makes me feel old if it was 85. 35 years have gone in quickly 

Robbo-Jambo
On 11/07/2020 at 00:50, Deodato said:

Oh cheers for that, will check it out.

Saw them a few times live back in the day and they were a brilliant band live. 

Still going strong I believe with the original line up except for Feargal. 

Ended up chatting to him once outside the Glasgow Apollo after a gig and he devoured my Irn Bru in a matter of seconds. 😅😅

Happy days 👍