Hearts in Europe

Tokyo Drifter

Tokyo Drifter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53356396

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the winner of the Scottish Cup took the fourth European place and ONLY if the cup winner had already qualified did the fourth placed league team go into the Europa League. In other words if Hearts (or, God forbid, Hibs) win the cup, we/they qualify for Europe at the expense of the Sheep. Yet the BBC are continually referring to Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell and the Sheep as the teams that are going into Europe for season 2020/21. So if we do go on to win the cup, have we been done out of a European spot that should by rights have been ours?

jamboinglasgow

Part of the motion on Good Friday was that 4th would have the European place, not the Scottish cup. Think the argument was that UEFA need to know by a certain date which teams a nation is putting into the European competitions and with the Scottish cup not yet finished and unknown when they felt better to give it to the SPFL.

Though I wonder if that may have been something offered to Aberdeen to change their vote to yes.

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Part of the motion on Good Friday was that 4th would have the European place, not the Scottish cup. Think the argument was that UEFA need to know by a certain date which teams a nation is putting into the European competitions and with the Scottish cup not yet finished and unknown when they felt better to give it to the SPFL.

Though I wonder if that may have been something offered to Aberdeen to change their vote to yes.

They will only go out to Skonto Riga or some other pish anyway.