Haring & Souttar

steve123

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Both back for start of preseason according to Robbie, gerat news if true.

Still some way short of full training though. What a difference those two would have made to last season if they hadn't been injured, it's easy to forget how brutal out injuries were last season. 

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Still some way short of full training though. What a difference those two would have made to last season if they hadn't been injured, it's easy to forget how brutal out injuries were last season. 

Both expected to be ready for first game from evening news article.

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Both expected to be ready for first game from evening news article.

Thought it said that Souttar has just started running  and Haring is in rehab after an op. Would be great if they were ready for an October start if we're in the Championship. On the subject of the EEN, I used to have a look at their website, but from today it seems they want a subscription. I'm don't think I'll be taking that up,  it's usually just gossip that can be  found elsewhere.

Negative Nelly here....for how long though?

Souttar's body cant stand the demands of football at this level, going by his career with us alone...

We need to plan without him as its evidenced his body will just break down and we are back to square one...

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Thought it said that Souttar has just started running  and Haring is in rehab after an op. Would be great if they were ready for an October start if we're in the Championship. On the subject of the EEN, I used to have a look at their website, but from today it seems they want a subscription. I'm don't think I'll be taking that up,  it's usually just gossip that can be  found elsewhere.

Not sure about subscription, if they want that I certainly will not be paying for it.

It says they are both expected to be back for first pre season game.

Leveins Battalion

Said it on the Transfer Thread,a fit Haring is the best DM in Scotland.

Protects the defence and an absoulte menace in the opposition box.Sorely missed.

upgotheheads
9 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Not sure about subscription, if they want that I certainly will not be paying for it.

It says they are both expected to be back for first pre season game.

I'm wondering what happens if the decisions go our way next week. I'm sure the players are training on their own just now but the coaches will have a fortnight to get the players up to speed. 

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

I'm wondering what happens if the decisions go our way next week. I'm sure the players are training on their own just now but the coaches will have a fortnight to get the players up to speed. 

I think they would need to postpone start dates

upgotheheads
Just now, steve123 said:

Could be, we'll be even more popular.

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I'm sure I've read that the sky deal's off if the league doesn't start 1st August.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm sure I've read that the sky deal's off if the league doesn't start 1st August.

They would only need postpone ours (DU) games for say a month,  that would allow us a pre-season and only affect about 4 other teams with 1 game each. The problem is rescheduling 4 games for us as they have said there are few scheduling gaps, but surely that depends upon cup runs for the affected teams, might not be an issue at all!

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Not sure about that but if the panel tell them we need to be in league nothing they can do about it, like everyone else I have no idea how it will go but don't think it will be an SFA stitch up.

We will have a very strong squad no matter what division we play in. 
Great to see the boys back, long may it continue. 

The Future's Maroon

If we can get them both back fully fit it would be like two new massive signings.

32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Maybe someone with better legal knowledge can help here

but

for 1/8 to happen the SPFL had better hope the case goes our way next week.  I'm sure I read somewhere that if we lose we can go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport following the final decision in the Belgian case.  For that to happen the league would have to put the brakes on any start and I'm sure if it's still a goer Ann will seek an interdict.

As I said, maybe someone with a bit legal expertise can clarify.

Hungry hippo

Haring will need to give it a go although whether his body can take it remains to be seen.

Fingers crossed as he's a great player.

Weakened Offender

I've given up on Souttar unfortunately. I'd love to be proven wrong but can't see it. 

Haring though, what a difference he'd make. Keep him wrapped up for the semi final. 😎

A_A wehatethehibs

Not that fussed, I'd say it's just "news" rather than "great news", not jumping for joy and wouldn't be building a team around either of them. Think it's quite a high priority to sign fit players to increase the competition for those places in the team.

We need a core of players you can depend on to complete a 38 game full season as a team. Haring and Souttar have that box unticked. Can they actually complete a professional season? Basic pre-requisite for being a professional. Their careers are on the line.

Ability wise, there's no question these guys are good players but the overall lack of fitness of our squad has absolutely destroyed us over the last 3 years and I am sick of it so changes need made. 

OmiyaHearts

Great to think we could start the season with Haring. As long as Souttar's form is better than it was pre-injury, it'll be like we've signed two quality players.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not that fussed, I'd say it's just "news" rather than "great news", not jumping for joy and wouldn't be building a team around either of them. Think it's quite a high priority to sign fit players to increase the competition for those places in the team.

We need a core of players you can depend on to complete a 38 game full season as a team. Haring and Souttar have that box unticked. Can they actually complete a professional season? Basic pre-requisite for being a professional. Their careers are on the line.

Ability wise, there's no question these guys are good players but the overall lack of fitness of our squad has absolutely destroyed us over the last 3 years and I am sick of it so changes need made. 

It's easy to say, but look at Haring, he'd never had an injury in his career, how do you make sure you sign players that won't get injured?

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's easy to say, but look at Haring, he'd never had an injury in his career, how do you make sure you sign players that won't get injured?

At Austrian third and second division level Center Back he didn't get injured - a slow paced version of Scottish Championship level. 

Scottish Premiership was a step up in terms of the intensity and pace of the game especially as he swapped to midfield, he's great passer of the ball with terrific vision, but that's him got his first severe injury as he stepped up to the faster more intense movement that is midfield in the Scottish Premiership and he's not played in a year and half.

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Peter Haring was the biggest miss last season, but we've been told he's close to a return on many occasions so i'm not getting my hopes up yet. 

Olly Lee still has a year left doesn't he?  Very good options for the league we look to be in. 

Edited by Ronaldo9

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

Negative Nelly here....for how long though?

Souttar's body cant stand the demands of football at this level, going by his career with us alone...

We need to plan without him as its evidenced his body will just break down and we are back to square one...

Im not a doctor or physio or whatever but been watching alot of stuff about ultra marathon runners and iron men etc. A lot of these folk come back from bad injuries and have to strengthen complementary muscles, do lots of long slow runs (to increase bone density) etc

They are running 100 miles +

How are the medical department not managing it that some of our guys cant last 90minutes.

Obviously some llayers just have niggling underlying injury problems. Real shame as its hampered souttars career, to say the least.

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Haring will need to give it a go although whether his body can take it remains to be seen.

I read an article recently where he said that he needed another op this time on his pubic bone which had caused him problems after the hernia op.

He said it was all due to happen just when Covid 19 came about and it had to be cancelled.

So does anyone know if he has had this op now and is ok or is he still to have it?

Edited by wavydavy

Its good to hear, bit cautious around any optimism with Haring. Guy just has set back after set back :(  Great player when fit though. Suspect we'd have won that cup final had he not had to come off. 

I hope Robbie rotates enough next season. Both those guys and Naismith need to avoid injuries as much as possible. 

45 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I read an article recently where he said that he needed another op this time on his pubic bone which had caused him problems after the hernia op.

He said it was all due to happen just when Covid 19 came about and it had to be cancelled.

So does anyone know if he has had this op now and is ok or is he still to have it?

I'm sure I read somewhere that he has had it

A fit Haring in front of the defence, and a fit Gordon behind, and I think we will start seeing a much better defence.

Gives Team Handsome a real boost again as well.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

A fit Haring in front of the defence, and a fit Gordon behind, and I think we will start seeing a much better defence.

Gives Team Handsome a real boost again as well.

Add a fit Naismith and Boyce to those and it is looking good.

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Yep. Our biggest problems last season were in defence (including goalie), and centre midfield though for me. I have no worries whatsoever about Boyce and Naismith hitting plenty goals regardless of whatever division we find ourselves in. Our collapse in defence was unbelievable though. Souttar, Halkett, Smith and Berra are all good defenders, as they have proven previously. They were made to look utterly inept on occasion though. I think a lot of that is down to the absolute pish they had to endure behind them, and the lack of a reliable defensive midfielder in front. 

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yep. Our biggest problems last season were in defence (including goalie), and centre midfield though for me. I have no worries whatsoever about Boyce and Naismith hitting plenty goals regardless of whatever division we find ourselves in. Our collapse in defence was unbelievable though. Souttar, Halkett, Smith and Berra are all good defenders, as they have proven previously. They were made to look utterly inept on occasion though. I think a lot of that is down to the absolute pish they had to endure behind them, and the lack of a reliable defensive midfielder in front. 

Very true. I don't think it helped when we played with just the two CB's as Berra was brutal for a while and left Halkett far too exposed.

As lots have said on ehre earlier Halkett's great form at Livi was because he was playing in a back three so hopefully Robbie can do the same.

I know he tried to do it often enough the last time he was our Coach but it failed miserably every time. Hopefully better luck this time.

26 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Aye, injuries have not been kind to us.  Every team gets them.

Robbo-Jambo
4 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

That's my worry too.

Wonder if they have actually got to the route of his ongoing problem.

4 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I've given up on Souttar unfortunately. I'd love to be proven wrong but can't see it. 

Haring though, what a difference he'd make. Keep him wrapped up for the semi final. 😎

Heading that way myself, tbh.  Good to hear about Haring though. 

He’s a player with a “knack”, the type of player we lack these days. Good for a goal and a ball winner in midfield.