Mason Greenwood (NHC)

gashauskis9

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Next in a long line of English wonderkids who look good and then achieve mediocrity by age 22

Haven’t seen an English player kick a ball like that since Rooney in his prime.  

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's pretty good. England's fronlline, Sterling, Kane, Greenwood, Sancho and Foden in behind.

:sweeet:

Absolutely, with Rashford to come off the bench as well.  Just a shame their Keeper and Centre Halves are utter horseshit.  

5 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Absolutely, with Rashford to come off the bench as well.  Just a shame their Keeper and Centre Halves are utter horseshit.  

Wait till Pope gets the call then they will have a very good keeper between the sticks.

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

They don't need defenders.  

Could go 3-2-5 just need to get Kevin Keegan out of retirement. 

Henderson

Maguire

Trent                                    Chilwell 

Dele Alli   Foden

Sancho                                 Sterling

Greenwood.   Rashford

Kane

:laugh2:

Just now, Cruyff said:

Henderson

Maguire

Dele Alli   Foden

Greenwood.   Rashford

Kane

Dele is rank but apart from that some amount of talent 

Greenwood looks absolutely minted a super composed finisher he is going to be a star for sure 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Henderson

Maguire

Dele Alli   Foden

Greenwood.   Rashford

Kane

Dele Alli could be replaced by James Maddison as he is now the weak link of that team.

The last golden generation were nothing special at international level.This generation should do better.

9 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Wait till Pope gets the call then they will have a very good keeper between the sticks.

Was great when Jesus scored against Pope a few months back.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Was great when Jesus scored against Pope a few months back.

Pope would never dream of stopping a Jesus thunderbolt.

gashauskis9
15 minutes ago, benny said:

Dele Alli could be replaced by James Maddison as he is now the weak link of that team.

The last golden generation were nothing special at international level.This generation should do better.

The lad at Everton (Davies) looks the part as well.  Would expect him to be in Southgate’s thoughts.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

England's talent is crazy, wish we could get 10% of the young talent they have.

Funny thing is, if Scottish Football was run competently we probably could. Roughly ten percent of the population of England, so why not. Big problem is the competence thing I mentioned though....

Samuel Camazzola
52 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Henderson

Maguire

Dele Alli   Foden

Greenwood.   Rashford

Kane

Alli would struggle to get in the Scotland side. 😂

The guy Saka at Arsenal looks to be useful too. 

underwaterwoodwelder

Everything he hits is a rocket. Keepers have no chance normally with this young star.

Im a Man U 2nd team armchair fan and it’s exciting watching them play at the moment.

still a few seasons behind Liverpool and City unfortunately but they hopefully get 3rd next season and start to catch up on the top two.

next season is going to be a cracker in the EPL

And England will still trip up.

Bearing in mind when I criticise its top-ish level we’re talking about.  I think Kane is a poser. Never an England captain. Great finisher but isn’t combative, never rolls the sleeves up and lifts his team.(at Spurs) 

Rashford is another who can look indifferent one game then a world beater the next.  They are all too inconsistent. 

I do think the lads Greenwood, Sancho and Foden have a grit about them that’ll ally well with their ability. They may well become players who can genuinely make a difference. 

gashauskis9
30 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Alli would struggle to get in the Scotland side. 😂

The guy Saka at Arsenal looks to be useful too. 

Great shout re Saka. No danger Arsenal will be able to keep him.

2 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

England have an abundance of unbelievable talent coming through right now. 

Unfortunately. Foden is the best midfielder Ive seen for a while - up there with iniesta and xavi (if he continues)

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Mount and Cantwell can be added too.

Yeah there is so much talent. No mention yet of Hodson-Odoi, Wan-Bissaka, Rice who are England capped players under 23.

You then have other talented young players such as Rhian Brewster (on loan at Swansea from Liverpool, who has scored 8 goals in 16 in the Championship.) Curtis Jones who looks very skillful when he has come on for Liverpool, Max Aarons who looks good at Norwich, Dwight McNeil who is one of Burnley's best players, Ryan Sessegnon may not have had as big a season in his first year at Tottenham but has made 132 appearances at the age of 20.

So much riches, and they are still taking Scottish youngsters into the English youth teams, greedy bassas 🤪

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, jambo_74 said:

Funny thing is, if Scottish Football was run competently we probably could. Roughly ten percent of the population of England, so why not. Big problem is the competence thing I mentioned though....

You are spot on with this. So frustrating. We’ve got the raw talent up here. Look at Billy Gilmour, not a chance he’d be at that level if he was still up here. 

7 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

And England will still trip up.

Bearing in mind when I criticise its top-ish level we’re talking about.  I think Kane is a poser. Never an England captain. Great finisher but isn’t combative, never rolls the sleeves up and lifts his team.(at Spurs) 

Rashford is another who can look indifferent one game then a world beater the next.  They are all too inconsistent. 

I do think the lads Greenwood, Sancho and Foden have a grit about them that’ll ally well with their ability. They may well become players who can genuinely make a difference. 

I agree with you about Kane and Rashford.  Great strikers in their own way, but also have deficiencies as you highlight.  Neither of them compares to Shearer, who was a consistent top class finisher who could also more than stand up for himself against defenders, he was never going to be bullied out of a game.

7 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Unfortunately. Foden is the best midfielder Ive seen for a while - up there with iniesta and xavi (if he continues)

He really is special. Helps having Guardiola as your coach right enough.

46 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I agree with you about Kane and Rashford.  Great strikers in their own way, but also have deficiencies as you highlight.  Neither of them compares to Shearer, who was a consistent top class finisher who could also more than stand up for himself against defenders, he was never going to be bullied out of a game.

Definitely.   I think a lot of these players benefit from the EPL hype and propaganda.  

Shearer was a terrific centre. Had everything. 

Edited by Debut 4

Jambos_1874
10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Henderson

Maguire

Dele Alli   Foden

Greenwood.   Rashford

Kane

Why is Trent Alexander-Arnold simply referred to as "Trent"? Why don't we just refer to Kane as "Harry", or would that get confusing with Harry Maguire?

Edited by Jambos_1874

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Why is Trent Alexander-Arnold simply referred to as "Trent"? Why don't we just refer to Kane as "Harry", or would that get confusing with Harry Maguire?

it is easier to say Trent 

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

that is potentially why the delay to the euros might have hindered englands chances. yes they say that delaying it will mean kane and rashford will be fit for it. i think if they were not fit they would have played ings who works hard for the team and rolls up his sleeves and is a great finisher.

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Definitely.   I think a lot of these players benefit from the EPL hype and propaganda.  

Shearer was a terrific centre. Had everything. 

Worst example of the EPL hype recently is Bruno Fernandez, very good player but every single commentator is trying their hardest to ride the boy. Last night he conned a penalty and all they could talk about was the brilliant way he stood on the ball before turning into the defender. there were also quite a few occasions where he could have played a simple ball on the ground in behind the full back for wan bisakka to run onto but instead played a chipped pass over the full back which by the time it got to wan bisakka and he controlled it then the full back was across to cover, no mention of it being the wrong pass just more creaming over Fernandez who is seemingly going to have ManU challenging for the title next year all by himself.

hmfc_liam06
18 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Worst example of the EPL hype recently is Bruno Fernandez, very good player but every single commentator is trying their hardest to ride the boy. Last night he conned a penalty and all they could talk about was the brilliant way he stood on the ball before turning into the defender. there were also quite a few occasions where he could have played a simple ball on the ground in behind the full back for wan bisakka to run onto but instead played a chipped pass over the full back which by the time it got to wan bisakka and he controlled it then the full back was across to cover, no mention of it being the wrong pass just more creaming over Fernandez who is seemingly going to have ManU challenging for the title next year all by himself.

Fernandez has completely changed that United team. The form since he arrived is no coincidence.

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Fernandez has completely changed that United team. The form since he arrived is no coincidence.

I'm not denying that he's a very good player, just that the creaming over him is over the top and had united not been so bad with so many disinterested, average players in their side before Fernandez arrived then he wouldn't have stood out anywhere near as much. Is it that hard to improve on/look better than the likes of Herrera and Mata?

34 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Lol....I’ve been saying things like that too.  Gary Neville sounds like he wants to pump any player that does something brilliant. 

Martin Tyler needs to pack in. He’s just become so boring, unexciting and has this air of smugness in the way he acts all calm with his commentary.  Never gets remotely excited at goals or build up play.  

hmfc_liam06
12 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I'm not denying that he's a very good player, just that the creaming over him is over the top and had united not been so bad with so many disinterested, average players in their side before Fernandez arrived then he wouldn't have stood out anywhere near as much. Is it that hard to improve on/look better than the likes of Herrera and Mata?

Bit harsh on those two tbh. Mata is obviously a bit over the hill and I thought Herrera was a very good player for United.

FWIW I'd say Fernandez is one of the best midfielders in the Premier League.

The English, although they have a much larger pool to pick from looked at their youth set up years ago and are now reaping the benefits of updating and modernizing their academy system at the national level. Sadly it looks like only a matter of time before they are seriiously challenging for a world cup.

The Scots not so much. Too busy ensuring the status quo at league level is kept. 

2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

He really is special. Helps having Guardiola as your coach right enough.

True... At 44 do you think pep would help me? 

4 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Is it not obvious? He'd have ****ed up my shape. What a silly question. 

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Totally agree, he's different class. He's dragged them up a level. Now they've got Pogba, Martial etc playing with confidence. 

hmfc_liam06
32 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Totally agree, he's different class. He's dragged them up a level. Now they've got Pogba, Martial etc playing with confidence. 

With the right additions, United will certainly be in the mix next season. 

Definitely need a CB, holding midfielder and a wide player. 

Have to admit, I like what Solskjaer is doing there.

16 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Haven’t seen an English player kick a ball like that since Rooney in his prime.  

This 100%. He can hit a ball just as clean on either foot.

Still think Foden is the one who'll do the best out of this current crop of English players. 

Jambos_1874
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Is it not obvious? He'd have ****ed up my shape. What a silly question. 

Ha ha fair dos. Just find it so cringey when I hear them refer to "Trent' on match of the day etc, probably because of all of the cringey pally "Doddsy", "Thommo" and "Mikey" you hear in Scotland which I associate with the small-mindedness of Scottish football.

19 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

England's talent is crazy, wish we could get 10% of the young talent they have.

I've said it before, but I blame Doncaster. His one job is to secure a decent TV deal and he can't do that. 

The result of that is that our youngsters don't want to hang around. At 18/19 when they are looking promising some English team comes along and swallows them up and thats the last we see of them till their 23 and get released with their development having been stunted or even regressed. 

If the SPFL could secure more investment in the league we might see more clubs able to afford to hang onto the kids that extra year or two to maximise their development that little bit more. The knock on effect this would have on our national team would be huge. 

England are also not scared about giving the most talented kids recognition at International level. Us on the other hand...Gilmour is still waiting. We lost Harry Souttar to Australia.. Who else?

On 09/07/2020 at 21:06, gashauskis9 said:

**** me, what a player this is. 

The real deal. 

No question. 

Echo the comments above, England's international team is going to improve through competition for places. Where did they finish last time round? Semi-finalists. Next time ... er, now it gets scary. 

Seymour M Hersh
On 10/07/2020 at 09:17, AlimOzturk said:

it is easier to say Trent 

TAA would work as easily,  no? 

Seymour M Hersh
On 09/07/2020 at 23:45, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah there is so much talent. No mention yet of Hodson-Odoi, Wan-Bissaka, Rice who are England capped players under 23.

You then have other talented young players such as Rhian Brewster (on loan at Swansea from Liverpool, who has scored 8 goals in 16 in the Championship.) Curtis Jones who looks very skillful when he has come on for Liverpool, Max Aarons who looks good at Norwich, Dwight McNeil who is one of Burnley's best players, Ryan Sessegnon may not have had as big a season in his first year at Tottenham but has made 132 appearances at the age of 20.

So much riches, and they are still taking Scottish youngsters into the English youth teams, greedy bassas 🤪

That's the only hope for talented young Scots with real desire to be the best they can be. Staying in Scotland will ruin their careers sooner or later. 

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

TAA would work as easily,  no? 

Yeah suppose. As long as you know who they are on about don’t think it really matter.