wattie exploited

wattie exploited

just read his interview in the evening  news saying that Daniel Stendal told him he wasn't good enough  which on his form was a good point as he has  been pretty rubbish this season does anyone think he will be good enough ,I think if we are in the Championship  he would do ok but if we are in the SPL I dont think he is good enough 

heres the link   https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/uche-ikpeazu-fired-after-daniel-stendel-said-he-wasnt-good-enough-hearts-2908931

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• GinRummy

• OldGorgie

• Locky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Madjambo21

Shows flashes of the player he could be for us.

Maybe clutching at straws but I really want him to come good for us.

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Daniel Stendel was and is right, he is absolutely woeful and nowhere near good enough for us. 

Still far more effective than Steven MacLean who Stendel chose to start in his first 4 matches!!!

It’s harsh be we need to set our sights on a higher standard.  

Uche is a battler and gives his all but over the piece lacks quality. 

We’ve also signed players with seemingly good ability but lack mentally for the rigours of our league.  We used to sign solid players (Mentally) who kept us in matches whilst not playing particularly well,  fought to use their ability to turn games and never lost heart.....that used to be a staple for Hearts , in what feels now , a long time ago.

Edited by Debut 4

Bunny Munro

We'll need 4 senior strikers next year. 

A lot will depend on who goes (Washington? Wighton?) And who plays upfront or in midfield.

He'll score double figures in the championship. 

AppleTarts

I like Uche but not seen enough from him to think he'll be good enough.

Don't see how he will get into the team ahead of Naismith, Washington and Boyce (if they all stick about) but I'm not against giving him a clean slate for this season and having as another option - contract runs out at the end of this season anyway?

been here before

Decent enough as a shock battering ram  option until he was easily sussed by every defender in the league. Since then he's lacked any sort of skill particularly since his injury at Motherwell.

He's often been the best defender the opposition have, breaking up every atracking move he's involved in and is invariably blowing out his arse after 70 mins.

Seems a nice big dude but pretty shite if we're being honest.

Edited by been here before

Selkirkhmfc1874

We don't play to his strengths in my opinion ! He needs a natural finisher to play off him instead we played him out wide or up top on his own and that's not his game 

Ainsley Harriott

Uche is another prime example of the top notch recruitment we've had thr last few years. Even worse was the fact Craig extended his contract 

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We don't play to his strengths in my opinion ! He needs a natural finisher to play off him instead we played him out wide or up top on his own and that's not his game 

Most of his attempts end up in row z. Def not seen his as a natural finisher. 

David Black
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Perfectly summed up. When he arrived he showed he could play , but as time went on CL gradually reverted to type and wanted the battering ram striker. From that point he just got worse and worse. He's no Messi, but he is no mug if played properly.

I agree with Stendel but I don't agree with his methodology in how he went about it. 

Uche frustrates the hell out of me tbh. His physical attributes, his attitude and work rate are a huge plus. He's a pain in the arse to play against I'd imagine but he can't do the most basic things.

He likes to run in behind but really he should be able to do what big Mark de Vries did. Win it, hold the ball up and bring players into the game, then get in the box for the cross. If he could manage that without giving away a free kick instead of having a wrestling match with his opponent, that would be a good start. 

He's had some good games for us. If he gets a chance he just needs to keep it simple and play to his strengths.

Maybe under Neilson he can adapt. He's got a lot of the traits that Osman Sow had and we all know how good he was under Neilson. He's big, quick and strong, dare I say even more so than Ozzy. Sow had more of a brain though. Uche is a big, quick battering ram but sadly his mentality needs to improve a lot to become a proper decent striker up here.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Not even close. He has attributes that get him some decent outcomes - occasionally he'll batter his way into a decent position and score or assist but more often than not it's by pure chance. I've rarely seen a player with so little footballing intelligence. 

merseyjambo

Strikers are there predominantly to score goals. 

His positive are he’s a handful due to his upper body strength and if we are demoted, that would potentially be a plus if we have players around him that he can bring into the game (a Colin Cameron type player)

His negatives are he’s slow on the ball, Greedy, goes down too easily and his goal scoring record really isn’t that good.

Personally I don’t think he’s good enough. He’s certainly no de Vries, Clark or Velicka. None of them were pacy but they had the ability to bring others into play and knew where the net was. I’d hate to play against his physicality as he showed in Semi against Caley but it’s whether we can him to recognise that he doesn’t need to do it all by himself and bring others into play. He’s got the strength to hold it up but needs to have the brains to lay it off then find a maroon jersey to lay it off to.

Doesnt score enough and will always give away fouls just because of his size. I do think he is unfairly treated by refs at times but on the other hand he gives away so many stupid fouls from little tugs when he doesnt need to. Bench at best.

He’s pish. Bin him.

Him and Berra should never play for the club again due to the way they handled Stendel. Agree with him or not, they should’ve got behind the manager and instead they kicked off and made things difficult for Stendel. Their attitudes along with Mulraney, Whelan etx is the exact reason we are fighting for our future. 

He has had some good performances though. 1-0 win at home to Celtic and 1-1 draw at home to Rangers spring to mind and a few goals at Easter Road but then who doesn't. Agree his fundamental skills are questionable though and also needs to learn how to play the ref better. 

Uche is a complete and utter embarrassment as a player and is simply not good enough for Hearts. As for scoring 15 goals in the Championship, he can’t even do that in the pre match warm up. Yet another failed experiment of CL/Cathro.

Thing with Uche for me is that, one again, he wasn't played to his strengths thanks to the weird footballing "philosophy" players over the last four years or so have had to deal with. He's no Sandy Clark, the ultimate battering ram who was excellent in the air yet he's no Mark de Vries either, who was pacey with an eye for goal. He's somewhere in between. He can certainly be more tricky with the ball at his feet than those two, he's showed that when he turns a defender for fun and the defender's on his arse or trying to get back to tackle. What Uche needs is someone in the box that he can make that final pass to. A lot of the time he's passing it into decent areas but no-one is there apart from an opposition defender so the pass ultimately makes him look worse. Hasn't helped that Naismith had been out for long spells, or that Boyce was playing games with a thigh injury. A fully fit Uche will stroll the Championship. Defenders won't know how to deal with him. Uche, once he gets away from defenders/fullbacks, needs to look up more before making that final pass and he'll get a little bit more time on the ball in the Championship than he got in the Premier. There was plenty times he passed without looking but probably expecting someone to be on the end of it. He'll give everything he's got and probably be still blowin oot his erse late in games. Limited ability yes, commitment, loads.

A real good coach going 1 to 1 with him would make a difference to his game. He doesn’t think enough for me. If he added a bit of clever and stopped the fouling and learned how to accept a foul coming in to him he’d be 100% better

AlimOzturk

Nope. Not fit enough and doesn't get into enough scoring chances. 

Like all the other players will be getting a clean slate for me but last chance saloon as far as I am concerned. 

45 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Daniel Stendel was and is right, he is absolutely woeful and nowhere near good enough for us. 

And that would make two of them because neither was Stendel good enough. The club of ours was in dire straits and Berra gets punted in a disgraceful manner and Uche told he is crap. Some encouragement that which proved  Stendal to have poor judgement as the team were poor under him. Begone Mr Stendal.

1 minute ago, o1djambo said:

And that would make two of them because neither was Stendel good enough. The club of ours was in dire straits and Berra gets punted in a disgraceful manner and Uche told he is crap. Some encouragement that which proved  Stendal to have poor judgement as the team were poor under him. Begone Mr Stendal.

Bollocks as per when it comes to Stendel. Listen to stevie Naismith on the snodgrass podcast. Place was a shambles and we had and have too many players that just want their team mates to pull them out the fire. Berra was a disgrace, disrupting the changing room, running to the press and spitting the dummy cause he was to blame for loads of the goals we conceded. If they had acted properly we wouldn’t be in this situation. 

4 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

If he spent less time falling about he would probably be ok. 

I think a lot of that is because he doesn't understand why the opposition get so many cheap free kicks against him while simultaneously kicking lumps out of him. Sometimes his reaction to decisions gets refs on the wrong side and they just decide that everything is going against him. Defenders pick up on that and then just play the ref to successfully neutralise Uche's strength which is hismain asset. 

Bull's-eye

Decent ability and terrorises defences, unfortunatelly it doesn't look like he has the intelligence to be consistent, obviously another confidence player who needs the crowd behind him. 

He might as well leave.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Daniel Stendel wasn’t good enough 

We will never know. Plenty managers have taken a while to settle at a club. I always remember him saying that he was shocked at the condition of the players when he first got to know them. He was right about that. Been saying for a few years that opposition clubs came to Tynie and their players appeared sharper and quicker to 50-50s and looked less knackered in the last 15 minutes of games. Say what you want about Stendel, he was brought into a car crash of a club with some of the players not up to speed or even interested in what he wanted to do. Berra being one, Whelan another and there were others. Some did take on board what he wanted to do, Clare for example, the youngsters, even Bozanic looked a lot more comfortable in the team. Others were not even good enough to be there in the first place such as Wighton, McLean and Mulraney. Said at the time it would take 18 months to sort that team out. The squad was full of nobodies and has-beens. I'll never criticise Stendel purely because he was going to need around three transfer windows to lose the deadwood and bring his own type of players in. Remember (this seems to be forgotten about quite regularly), the squad had been assembled by the previous manager to play in a completely different way to what Stendel wanted. Some could change, others turned their nose up at it and he was correct to get them out the club as and when he could, and still would've had he been given the chance.

Der Kaiser

The cliché big strong CF...

I'd file him with Sutton, Makela, Witteveen 

Not a Kyle, De Vries, Velicka, Janny, Hamilton.....

Based on performance I'd pick Kevin McKenna over him.

OmiyaHearts

He's pish. Will prob do well if we end up in the championship, playing against weans and has-beens. 

I'll have serious concerns if we are in the Premiership and he's getting a game.

Btw he lacks the main attribute any striker his age should be decent at; Finishing. His is awful. 

Edited by OmiyaHearts

KhaleejiJambo
57 minutes ago, David Black said:

Perfectly summed up. When he arrived he showed he could play , but as time went on CL gradually reverted to type and wanted the battering ram striker. From that point he just got worse and worse. He's no Messi, but he is no mug if played properly.

Completely agree with this. He showed flashes of real skill in his first few matches, until CL coached it out of him

Dallas Green

He has a place in the squad, possibly. 

I think he needs to drop some mass and work on finishing. If he did, I think he would be decent. He has good pace on him, even for a guy who is build large. 

He might be too costly to have as a squad player though. 

1 minute ago, KhaleejiJambo said:

Completely agree with this. He showed flashes of real skill in his first few matches, until CL coached it out of him

When did Levein and co NOT coach the hell out of players?! So many came, looked very good then fell by the wayside after (usually) three months then became as uninterested, uninspired as everyone else around them and played for the hell of it. Win or lose....no bothered.

23 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Bollocks as per when it comes to Stendel. Listen to stevie Naismith on the snodgrass podcast. Place was a shambles and we had and have too many players that just want their team mates to pull them out the fire. Berra was a disgrace, disrupting the changing room, running to the press and spitting the dummy cause he was to blame for loads of the goals we conceded. If they had acted properly we wouldn’t be in this situation. 

Let us now wait and see if Uche and Berra are part of our future. Time will tell. 

grumpyespana

To be honest there is something in there but he should be moved on with Washington and another younger striker brought in.

PS. If we are in the championship Whighton could be a asset after having a good season with Arbroath last year.

Boyces beard

I think he must be a nightmare to play against just because of his size and strength. I dont think he should be an automatic starter but i do believe there is a place for him in our squad. What he does do is he attracts multiple defenders to him simply because of his size and power. This in turn creates space for other players to exploit as we witnessed when Naismith played just off him after his arrival. For me he needs to play centrally in a two up top formation alongside a proven goal scorer. The big man is never going to be a 20 goal a season striker at this level but he gives you good options of the bench and has a style that can cause chaos amongst opposition defences. He wont be on huge wages (i dont think) so i would like to see him stay for at least the next season.

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Very poor football player imo

Someone should tell him to stay on his feet, except when he 'jumps'!

I'd guess we aint gonnae get  any favours from refs no matter the league so he will just give fouls away, as usual!

Rick Sanchez

He's a good option from the bench if you decide to go route one to get through a defence. Most defenders shite themselves from him, but most are wise to the fact they just need to fall over and get a free kick.

Cringe when he beats a few guys, gets fouled and walks with the biggest swagger he can give :laugh:

Shows how far we've fallen when we've gone from Rudi to Uche receiving the we're not worthy signs.

Wouldn't give it a second thought if he left.

OmiyaHearts
21 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

To be honest there is something in there but he should be moved on with Washington and another younger striker brought in.

PS. If we are in the championship Whighton could be a asset after having a good season with Arbroath last year.

I totally forgot we had Washington! I agree that both Uche and Connor need punted.