Dundee Utd and Raith Rovers and Sporting Integrity...

Section Q

Another little article telling it like it is.. ..

https://the4thofficial.net/2020/07/sporting-integrity-of-dundee-united-raith-rovers-cove-rangers/

""""Yet we’ve got this pair of jokers talking about sporting integrity? If it weren’t so severe, it would be funny, but nobody’s smiling or laughing here, it’s in no way funny at all. The most selfish group of football clubs on earth. The most antagonistic supporters in world football. The most incompetent governing bodies on the planet. That’s where Scottish football’s at."""

manaliveits105

Absolutely spot on but the hard of thinking fans of other clubs will stick their fingers in their ears and la la la and when their clubs suffer financially we shall do the same but louder .

Jamstomorrow

Sporting Integrity?   To Dundee United, Raith Rovers, Cove Rangers and the others who rejected league reconstruction in favour of self interest and personal gain, may I simply quote Churchill when he said, “They have sown the wind, they shall reap the whirlwind.”

Gordon Ramsay

Excuse my ignorance but were Raith not only 1 point ahead of Falkirk? For them to speak about sporting integrity defies belief. 

heartandsoul
6 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Excuse my ignorance but were Raith not only 1 point ahead of Falkirk? For them to speak about sporting integrity defies belief. 

Indeed they were and faced a trip to Falkirk on the last day of the season.

Rick James
8 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

1 minute ago, heartandsoul said:

And Falkirk were on a smashing run since Lee Miller and David McCracken took over while Raith were sort of plodding along. I firmly believe Raith would never have won that title.

Harry Potter
10 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

It all becomes so clear now, clowns.

40 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Correct, the game was at Falkirk too. I think Falkirk also had a goal difference about 15-20 better than Raith. 

They may well be the biggest beneficiaries in terms of sporting advantage, at least Dundee Utd & Cove were well ahead. Raith were on a poor run of form iirc and were likely to be overthrown by Falkirk. 

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

https://the4thofficial.net/2020/07/sporting-integrity-of-dundee-united-raith-rovers-cove-rangers/

""""Yet we’ve got this pair of jokers talking about sporting integrity? If it weren’t so severe, it would be funny, but nobody’s smiling or laughing here, it’s in no way funny at all. The most selfish group of football clubs on earth. The most antagonistic supporters in world football. The most incompetent governing bodies on the planet. That’s where Scottish football’s at."""

That is a fantastic read, if only more of Scottish football had the self awareness and moral compass on show here 

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

I’d just come on to post that exact article.

Absolutely nailed it. How can they bang on about sporting integrity when 3 teams got relegated, that still had a chance of survival (Stranraer not as much but who knows what might’ve happened there).

Not to forget that the worst team in the league (Brechin City) got to stay up while Kelty and Brora got shafted.

Dundee Utd and Raith Rovers has shown themselves up as the self important arseholes that they are.

Sporting integrity? **** off!

queensferryjambo

Over the whole piece a lot of emphasis has been on the automatic relegation and promotion.

It is rarely mentioned that at least a quarter of the 42 clubs who initially voted to finish the league early voted themselves out of having to risk going into the relegation play offs.

Sporting integrity is a term being banded about by a lot of clubs who have benefited enormously from not sticking to the real principles of sport.

Bazzas right boot

Get given promotion and a title by a ****ing vote then talk about sporting integrity.

Absolute jokers.

If they had even done/ said something like-

" after the premature end to the season and rightly been given the title and promotion we felt compelled not to cause for further damage and vote for league reconstruction in order to mitigate the damage to all "

I would actually feel a bit sorry at them being caught up in this mess that Doncaster and the board have washed their hands off and created.

But they never, they gladly taken the rewards, despite not winning a sausage, then voted to demote other teams without a second thought, arsehole behaviour.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Willie Hamilton genius
9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’d just come on to post that exact article.

Absolutely nailed it. How can they bang on about sporting integrity when 3 teams got relegated, that still had a chance of survival (Stranraer not as much but who knows what might’ve happened there).

Not to forget that the worst team in the league (Brechin City) got to stay up while Kelty and Brora got shafted.

Dundee Utd and Raith Rovers has shown themselves up as the self important arseholes that they are.

Sporting integrity? **** off!

Brechin chairman is on SPFL board, and his is the only one of the teams who were bottom of the league when games were stopped who has not been demoted.

I'm not sure enough is being made of this.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Over the whole piece a lot of emphasis has been on the automatic relegation and promotion.

It is rarely mentioned that at least a quarter of the 42 clubs who initially voted to finish the league early voted themselves out of having to risk going into the relegation play offs.

Sporting integrity is a term being banded about by a lot of clubs who have benefited enormously from not sticking to the real principles of sport.

Great point.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Brechin chairman is on SPFL board, and his is the only one of the teams who were bottom of the league when games were stopped who has not been demoted.

They could even have only played the play offs.

If they are saying you are were you are , then why not play the play offs now?

Sporting integrity dictates that you should, if there wasn't enough time for the whole league campaign ( there was) , then why not carry out the play offs?

12 minutes ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

I’m sure that’s just a fantastic coincidence :whistling:

Although it mentions DU and RR for obvious reasons, I think it pretty well sums up the majority of Scottish Football right now!

Corrupt to the core (and sadly this is now being 'accepted' by the majority) and absolutely no sporting integrity!!

So sporting integrity allows three clubs (who just happened to be bottom of their leagues but were not guaranteed to stay bottom) to be relegated, so that three clubs (who just happened to be top of their leagues but were not guaranteed to stay top) to be promoted. Is this correct or am I missing something here?

P.S. I know Dundee Utd were romping their league and were very unlikely to get caught buy the principle stands.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

And Falkirk were on a smashing run since Lee Miller and David McCracken took over while Raith were sort of plodding along. I firmly believe Raith would never have won that title.

In terms of form it was certainly close.

There were 8 games to play. Last 8 games Falkirk were top of form table 2 points ahead of Raith. 

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

:spoton: 

Maybe we can ask our fellow comrades at the SPFL to sling us a few bob too....😅

"""Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers have asked Scottish Premiership clubs to pledge £5,000 each towards their costs as they defend legal action taken by Hearts and Partick Thistle."""

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53346709

Edited by Section Q

4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Agreed how did Ross County,  St Mirren and Hamilton vote on the various Reconstruction motions for example? Absolutely shameless and will have been repeated in all divisions never mind scrapping play offs from Lowland and Highland leagues.

Gordon Ramsay
12 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Maybe we can ask our fellow comrades at the SPFL to sling us a few bob too....😅

"""Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers have asked Scottish Premiership clubs to pledge £5,000 each towards their costs as they defend legal action taken by Hearts and Partick Thistle."""

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53346709

These 3 are the lowest of the low. 

Absolutely embarrassing behaviour. 

Sporting integrity and a club run body are incompatible.

Its the sort of system which is just poorly conceived. With strong leadership, you can probably soldier on with it as strong leaders don't allow this sort of thing to happen on their watch. Unfortunately, none of the board have shown any leadership, Doncaster has utterly failed to show any degree of leadership, Mclennan has failed too. Every single person in a leadership position within either the SPFL or SFA has failed to act. Maxwell could have been the independent arbiter to have gotten in the middle of this and impressed upon everybody the seriousness of the situation and a need for the clubs to work together and then tabled a 14-10-10-10 solution with SFA approval.  

Lets be real, why does there need to be losers in an incomplete season? Null and void when clubs are running away with the title is brutal. Relegation when you can still stay up is brutal. The common sense approach was reconstruction to a 14 team league with 3 lots of 10 beneath it. That saves everybody and protects the pyramid which is supposed to be the SFA's baby for lack of a better term. They've chucked their own under a bus through their silence and totally failed to act like a governing body. Everyone gets promoted, no one gets relegated and the SFA Pyramid is protected. 

Anyone who rejects that isn't thinking with their head. Or if they are, its to try and gain some tactical advantage, be that to take advantage of Hearts and Thistles away crowds or to force out a competitor to improve their clubs standing in player negotiations (we've beaten both Hibs and Aberdeen to players in the past few seasons). The clubs voting against this haven't considered sporting integrity at all. Its a smash and grab out of a bad situation. 

The problem of kicking someone when they're down is that eventually they get back up and they invariably remember. Whatever way this goes, post crisis I don't see how we work with these clubs again. Good faith is gone. 

41 minutes ago, OTT said:

Sporting integrity and a club run body are incompatible.

Its the sort of system which is just poorly conceived. With strong leadership, you can probably soldier on with it as strong leaders don't allow this sort of thing to happen on their watch. Unfortunately, none of the board have shown any leadership, Doncaster has utterly failed to show any degree of leadership, Mclennan has failed too. Every single person in a leadership position within either the SPFL or SFA has failed to act. Maxwell could have been the independent arbiter to have gotten in the middle of this and impressed upon everybody the seriousness of the situation and a need for the clubs to work together and then tabled a 14-10-10-10 solution with SFA approval.  

Lets be real, why does there need to be losers in an incomplete season? Null and void when clubs are running away with the title is brutal. Relegation when you can still stay up is brutal. The common sense approach was reconstruction to a 14 team league with 3 lots of 10 beneath it. That saves everybody and protects the pyramid which is supposed to be the SFA's baby for lack of a better term. They've chucked their own under a bus through their silence and totally failed to act like a governing body. Everyone gets promoted, no one gets relegated and the SFA Pyramid is protected. 

Anyone who rejects that isn't thinking with their head. Or if they are, its to try and gain some tactical advantage, be that to take advantage of Hearts and Thistles away crowds or to force out a competitor to improve their clubs standing in player negotiations (we've beaten both Hibs and Aberdeen to players in the past few seasons). The clubs voting against this haven't considered sporting integrity at all. Its a smash and grab out of a bad situation. 

The problem of kicking someone when they're down is that eventually they get back up and they invariably remember. Whatever way this goes, post crisis I don't see how we work with these clubs again. Good faith is gone. 

Short sightedness by poorly run clubs......

Are these clubs going to have the audacity to ask us for £2,000 in order that we can defend ourselves against ourselves?

7 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I’m sure that’s just a fantastic coincidence :whistling:

Yeah, just like the Hamilton Chairman also being on the Board.  There are also at least another two who's clubs were advantaged by the proposal.

jamsey2004

By asking the other premiership clubs for money to back the court case, that means they are all paying to try and make sure us, Partick and stranraer stay down/lose compensation. Surly that strengthens our case even more if we head back to court and shows even more bias against us?!! How can anyone then turn round and say that they tried to do everything fairly, when money was collectively put forward to aid 3 clubs and punish another 3

Turkishcap

Would it not be easier for the 2 ******s to walk to tinadice and ask why did you help feck it all up?

13 hours ago, Locky said:

exactly. And their wank of a chairman should think about that. 
It’s this club and Utd’s sense of entitlement (and fek you to us and partick) that makes me hope both go to the wall. 

coatbridgejambo
14 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Sporting Integrity?   To Dundee United, Raith Rovers, Cove Rangers and the others who rejected league reconstruction in favour of self interest and personal gain, may I simply quote Churchill when he said, “They have sown the wind, they shall reap the whirlwind.”

Careful on quoting churchill you may be branded a racist 

One of my best pals is a big Raith supporter so I previously had a wee soft spot for them. Feels embarrassing to say that as them and Dundee Utd have acted like complete imbeciles with their ignorant moaning and melting ever since the pandemic hit football.

4 hours ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Oh yes!

Jamstomorrow
5 hours ago, coatbridgejambo said:

It's a risk I am willing to take!!  :)

9 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

One of my best pals is a big Raith supporter so I previously had a wee soft spot for them. Feels embarrassing to say that as them and Dundee Utd have acted like complete imbeciles with their ignorant moaning and melting ever since the pandemic hit football.

I always had a bit of a soft spot for Raith as well. Always felt we had a good connection with them and have sent many a youth player there on loan. They even wore their own McCrae's Batallion shirt when we played them on remembrance weekend in 2014. Sadly, their behaviour in this has burnt a lot of those bridges.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

I always had a bit of a soft spot for Raith as well. Always felt we had a good connection with them and have sent many a youth player there on loan. They even wore their own McCrae's Batallion shirt when we played them on remembrance weekend in 2014. Sadly, their behaviour in this has burnt a lot of those bridges.

Same here. 

I always said if there was no Hearts I would have been a Rovers fan. 

Our club has had friendly connections to Raith over many years. 

It's a real shame that has now been destroyed. 

This would never have happened five years ago under their old regime. 

They have seen an opportunity and made a grab for it. 

It will turn out to be fools gold. 

I'm pleased that Hearts have basically challenged the Compliance Officer to consider charges against these clubs. 

36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'm pleased that Hearts have basically challenged the Compliance Officer to consider charges against these clubs. 

PLEASING.....!