Disney+

SecN

Anyone subscribing to Disney+ and saying whether it is decent or not for an annual subscription?  If you get it via Sky Q then it gives Ultra HD for loads of the content.

BigCGilmour

I'm going to cancel my sub, kids and i have pretty much watched everything I need to and it's hardly getting used, will subscribe again once more content becomes available such as new season mandalorian. I'm glad I didn't get annual sub.

My toddler watches Disney/Pixar movie after movie repeatedly and to have the luxury of them being in Ultra HD and the full catalogue on tap must be at least worth the £5 a month for an annual subscription?

Also fancied watching the entire Marvel series in order (fanbase order rather than created/released order) and again to have that available must be a bonus rather than having to get them on Sky or await them on terrestrial telly?

I bought the annual subscription, done the Marvel and Star Wars (Machete) series but it's hardly touched, will see how things are for original content come next March but not sure I'll keep it going as it stands

BigCGilmour
28 minutes ago, SecN said:

My toddler watches Disney/Pixar movie after movie repeatedly and to have the luxury of them being in Ultra HD and the full catalogue on tap must be at least worth the £5 a month for an annual subscription?

Also fancied watching the entire Marvel series in order (fanbase order rather than created/released order) and again to have that available must be a bonus rather than having to get them on Sky or await them on terrestrial telly?

Yeah possibly ger more use if your kids are young, I remember watching shrek/Tarzan on a loop when mines were young... down the marvel thing and the Star Wars thing, just don't see the need to pay them every month...

Carl Fredrickson

I got the discounted annual subscription. At £50 it has more than paid for itself. My 4 year old daughter loves a lot of the animated stuff (especially the Pixar shorts) and my 10 year old son loves all the Marvel and Star Wars stuff. As a family we watch a movie each night at the weekend. This can be older stuff like Mrs Doubtfire, Cheaper By The Dozen etc or some random Disney films that we havent seen before. 

I dont have Sky so the National Geographical stuff is new to me and I enjoy a lot of the docs on Disney+ 

It is VFM for us but might be for everyone. 

Stewie Griffin
5 hours ago, BigCGilmour said:

I'm going to cancel my sub, kids and i have pretty much watched everything I need to and it's hardly getting used, will subscribe again once more content becomes available such as new season mandalorian. I'm glad I didn't get annual sub.

I cancelled it after a couple of months once I’d  watched the Mandalorian and my daughter had watched all the stuff she wanted too. Will get it again when the second season of the Mandalorian is out however this time will hold off until the whole second season is out then cancel it again 

6 hours ago, SecN said:

I've just done that very thing through my IPTV subscription after someone posted the list on the sticky thread about movies.

Guy on here can sort out subs.

I bought it for a year - Watched the Mandalorian and some of the marvel things.  But Hamilton was amazing on it - There is also all the Disney content like the new Maleficent movie amongst others which I have watched.  O - And Cosmos is on it.. I love that show

I am here for the Marvel TV shows that are coming out, Wanda Vision, Loki and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier...  Also you get all the special features on the shows, outtakes, directors commentary etc - 

Is it worth it?  I think if they keep bringing out new content - then yes  - 

If you have kids or like Pixar and Disney movies - they 100% yes

I might consider getting it in a few months when Sky drop the kids channels buy its not value for money for me at the moment. I'm a bit of a Marvel movie geek saddo and I've already got the Infinity Saga on Blu Ray. Mibbe once the TV shows start, I'll give it a whirl.

16 hours ago, SecN said:

Anyone subscribing to Disney+ and saying whether it is decent or not for an annual subscription?  If you get it via Sky Q then it gives Ultra HD for loads of the content.

All Disney+ subs have the Ultra HD content with HDR & Atmos which is superb value if taking a discounted subscription. Much like Netflix if you have a Tv/Firestick/Now Tv/Xbox that has the functionality you can take advantage of the improved quality.

There is a large amount of content but the frequency of updates and types of original content is not going to suit everyone. What I would say is that there is a massive amount of content suitable for kids and the Disney TV channels will move to the service and be withdrawn from Sky/VM (still on BT TV).

There are several original documentary series that are very good (Imagineering is very good and there is a companion series for The Mandalorian).

Disney+ seem to be good at putting new film content on to the service.

If in any doubt - use their trial. Also - Hamilton is superb and well worth a watch.

Heartsmad1874

Got it with o2 for 6 months free with a new contract, started watching Simpsons up to Series 10 but it started to go downhill episode wise as all fans know so haven't watched it in about 2 months :lol: