Who Is Missing And Why?

bobskeldon

bobskeldon

Great pic of the record breaking, league winning side taken in 1958. However, someone is missing! Who is it and why is he not in the picture?

32216090-6713-436F-817E-7DB21C859979.jpeg

alex young hero

Is it Tommy Walker not sure if he was ill Alex Young missing also 

Edited by alex young hero
Omission

bobskeldon
10 minutes ago, alex young hero said:

Is it Tommy Walker not sure if he was ill Alex Young missing also 

No, sorry.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Gordon Marshall. National service?

He’s in the back row is he not?

Alex Young,  probably National Service and Freddie Glidden possibly part time, did he not have a post office in West Lothian

bobskeldon

It is indeed Freddie Glidden, he couldn’t get time off his job with West Lothian Water Board😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Levein and it’s cause he’s in the Rosyth Willie Hills

:bigyawn:

John mcCartney

Thats a wonderful pic.
Any chance of the list of players being added please.

Holy shit......I cant recognise Willie Bauld in that,am I doing something wrong here wtf ?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Don't think I can see Bobby Parker in the pic. He did play in the league winning side but his last game for the club was in, I think, our only defeat of the season to Clyde. If it is him who's missing I've no idea why, though. Maybe he was busy selling newspapers in his kiosk at the bus station ;)

Ethan Hunt

Alfie Conn, although I’ve no idea why.

Edit: just spotted him in the white strip top left.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

bobskeldon
9 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

Thats a wonderful pic.
Any chance of the list of players being added please.

Holy shit......I cant recognise Willie Bauld in that,am I doing something wrong here wtf ?

As requested JM

18DDD3D5-ECC2-406D-9AA1-335CE54A7204.jpeg

John mcCartney

Many thanks,had a feeling that was Willie although he`s looking a bit more rugged there compared to the slick illustrations that Ive saw of him.

Wonderful stuff

bobskeldon
1 hour ago, John mcCartney said:

Many thanks,had a feeling that was Willie although he`s looking a bit more rugged there compared to the slick illustrations that Ive saw of him.

Wonderful stuff

If you like 'old' pictures of teams and stories about them at the time, this is from a fantastic new book called 'It's A Team Game' available at Waterstones. Great team pictures and wonderful stories about them and their players. 

Lone Striker

Great find there, Bob.  Super to see the whole senior squad there.    It's made me look up the dates for folk like Bobby Parker, Davie Holt,  etc to see how their careers relate to 1958.

Parker's last game was the end of 1957, so he would have played in the league winning side

Davie Holt's first game was 1960.

Interesting to see Jim MacFadzean in the photo. He went on to become a stalwart at Killie, and sadly was in the 1965 team which pipped us on the last day.

bobskeldon
10 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Great find there, Bob.  Super to see the whole senior squad there.    It's made me look up the dates for folk like Bobby Parker, Davie Holt,  etc to see how their careers relate to 1958.

Parker's last game was the end of 1957, so he would have played in the league winning side

Davie Holt's first game was 1960.

Interesting to see Jim MacFadzean in the photo. He went on to become a stalwart at Killie, and sadly was in the 1965 team which pipped us on the last day.

Remember that day vividly LS, I was only 9 and standing on the floodlight base at the Georgie end. Distraught! 

Lone Striker

I would have  been the same age actually. Can't remember anything about the game, but remember my Grandad lifting me up on to his shoulders outside the Gorgie Road entrance for safety because of the big crush of folk trying to get in.   When my Mum heard about the crush (and "losing" my Dad inside the ground), she wouldn't let me go to the 1968 Cup Final  😃  Turned out she made a wise decision on that one 🙄

bobskeldon
42 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I would have  been the same age actually. Can't remember anything about the game, but remember my Grandad lifting me up on to his shoulders outside the Gorgie Road entrance for safety because of the big crush of folk trying to get in.   When my Mum heard about the crush (and "losing" my Dad inside the ground), she wouldn't let me go to the 1968 Cup Final  😃  Turned out she made a wise decision on that one 🙄

Unfortunately that was my first ‘lost final’ experience. Went through on the train myself as a 12 year old😭😭😭