The Terrace Podcast

Darth Sidious

Darth Sidious

Anyone listen to this.  Getting worse than BBC Sportsound.  Partick don't want to be involved but Hearts are paying for them.  Hearts lost the C of S case.  SPFL wanted arbitration and got it.  They don't know what Hearts are celebrating. 

Silence on release of documents mind. Listened for a while but through all this it is like listening to Chick, Gordon and Willie on BBC.  Clueless and anti Hearts. 

The Kingslayer

Joel Sked is a Hearts fan and is generally effective at being balanced, at the same comfortable in stating where his football allegiances are.

The lad Fowler is also a Jambo (I think) and fancies himself as a bit of a journo, so seems to go out his way to be more skeptical and down-beat about Hearts for no other reason as to show off his "neutrality" to the brass at the paper.

2 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

Anyone listen to this.  Getting worse than BBC Sportsound.  Partick don't want to be involved but Hearts are paying for them.  Hearts lost the C of S case.  SPFL wanted arbitration and got it.  They don't know what Hearts are celebrating. 

Silence on release of documents mind. Listened for a while but through all this it is like listening to Chick, Gordon and Willie on BBC.  Clueless and anti Hearts. 

Yes heard this.. usually quite fair, but the two guys on the show obviously anti Hearts... the wee Kilmarnock guy (he sounds like a dwarf) is  bitter when it comes to discussing anything about Hearts, the Dundee fan thinks he’s clever, what he thinks and what he knows are two different things.

its a way better show with Sked and Fowler

Edited by jbee647

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Yes heard this.. usually quite fair, but the two guys on the show obviously anti Hearts... the wee Kilmarnock guy (he sounds like a dwarf) is  bitter when it comes to discussing anything about Hearts, the Dundee fan thinks he’s clever, what he thinks and what he knows are two different things.

its a way better show with Sked and Fowler

How can one sound like a dwarf, asking for a friend.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

He has a horrible wee squeaky nasel whine, the obvious mating call of the lesser spotted Kilmarnock dwarf

Harry Potter
35 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

He has a horrible wee squeaky nasel whine, the obvious mating call of the lesser spotted Kilmarnock dwarf

cheers bud

2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

2 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

I find Telfer and the Killie boy unbearable.  

He's an absolute fud. The few podcasts I've listened to he seems to pipe in the fact that 'at his job' he has to look at difficult documents, always implying he's some sort of intellectual. In reality, he's a weirdo fud.

Telfer - wank

Borthwick - good guy

Sked - good guy 

Fowler - ok guy

Robert Borthwick,  Joel Sked & Craig Fowler are all season ticket holders at hearts,  as for the anti hearts chat, thats just nonsense, i do find them to be slightly negative at points, but it's only because they can take the maroon specs off and take a step back to see things and give an unbiased reality about things. Where as others would not see past their own ideas and be honest about the real things. 

An example being my mother, determined all free kicks, penalties etc that we concede is a dive, or a referee out to get hearts, but i can step back and say bad challenge his fault etc. To they do try to be real and sometimes it looks like its anti hearts,  but if you were going to be open and say things how you see them, unfortunately you would come across as anti hearts also.

5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

:lol: 

Brian Badonde
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Telfer - wank

Borthwick - good guy

Sked - good guy 

Fowler - ok guy

Robert Borthwick,  Joel Sked & Craig Fowler are all season ticket holders at hearts,  as for the anti hearts chat, thats just nonsense, i do find them to be slightly negative at points, but it's only because they can take the maroon specs off and take a step back to see things and give an unbiased reality about things. Where as others would not see past their own ideas and be honest about the real things. 

An example being my mother, determined all free kicks, penalties etc that we concede is a dive, or a referee out to get hearts, but i can step back and say bad challenge his fault etc. To they do try to be real and sometimes it looks like its anti hearts,  but if you were going to be open and say things how you see them, unfortunately you would come across as anti hearts also.

This episode in question was very much anti Hearts. Normally its very balanced though. The two that were on clearly browse here though as they refrenced some postsfrom the 'match thread' for the court case.

6 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Sneeze a lot? 🤷‍♂️

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 hours ago, jbee647 said:

That's that boy Anderson. You cannot listen to him. Mind you, giving him any sort of attention will give him his jollies for the week.

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's that boy Anderson. You cannot listen to him. Mind you, giving him any sort of attention will give him his jollies for the week.

Is he the large bloke, hes very loud, 😕:jj_facepalm:

4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He’s absolutely useless. 

hoof.hearted

Listened for years and enjoy the show...except when Craig Anderson is on. He is a bitter wee t1t. Think Levein pumped his mum as always mentioned that he'd never won a trophy, as if he was the only person. Don't know what he looks like but my guess is he's small in a bitter wee man syndrome kind of way.

Prince Buaben

Not listened to the latest one. CA previous was quite sympathetic to our cause etc and has been a bit balanced. Strange that folk on here getting upset at swipes at CL given the way Hearts fans have spoke about him for last 18months +

Think folk need to remember that the podcast are fans of all teams and viewpoints and will give those. Strange so many people are offended by it. Majority of these guys are fans and not media people(Ironically 3 of the Jambos are Craig Cairns, Craig Fowler and Joel.)

l

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

Listened for years and enjoy the show...except when Craig Anderson is on. He is a bitter wee t1t. Think Levein pumped his mum as always mentioned that he'd never won a trophy, as if he was the only person. Don't know what he looks like but my guess is he's small in a bitter wee man syndrome kind of way.

made me laugh that did.

Haven’t listened to the most recent eps from the past couple of weeks. 

Craig Anderson does like a laugh at Hearts tho. Don’t really see the problem with it tho, he isn’t a Hearts fan and it’s not a Hearts podcast. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Craig Anderson does like a laugh at Hearts tho. Don’t really see the problem with it tho, he isn’t a Hearts fan and it’s not a Hearts podcast. 

I've no problem with anyone having a crack at us. I have a problem with his whiny accent as I can't bear to listen to him. The two vermin boys you can listen to, even though they are typical vermin.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I've no problem with anyone having a crack at us. I have a problem with his whiny accent as I can't bear to listen to him. The two vermin boys you can listen to, even though they are typical vermin.

He does have an unfortunate west coast nasal voice. 

jamboinglasgow

Used to listen to The Terrace, stretching back to 2011 when it was Fowler and Alan Temple, then had Kenny Millar (who despite being a Hibs fan was good on it.) But haven't really listened to it over the last 3 or 4 years. But think that it is more down to the fact that there is so many Hearts supporters on it. So when we lose it means there is more focus on Hearts and never enjoy having that pain or annoyance at Hearts losing being hammered in further. Again thats nothing against the guys on the show, more what I am wanting from a podcast (was the same with the round the funnel podcast.)

Did listen to the racism on they released last week and really enjoyed it. Thought the interviews were really interesting though Fowler's introduction and bit before end was pretty poor as he turned it too much about him rather than making it about the people who were going to be interviewed (and then at the end over-explained Bartley's bit when it didn't need a ton of context.) 

Legend Claws

This is only the second one I've listened to and had to turn it off (first one was the racism one which was excellent). The Killie guy was saying that Hearts fans are raging about us signing a manager and players while at the same time asking players to take a wage cut. Anyone here raging? Not that I've seen, so he just made it up. Seems like an arrogant wee tube.

22 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Hipster roasters.

Sums it up. Probably not anti-hearts though people just get angry over everything man. 

The Terrace is a superb podcast. It’s deliberately not set up to kiss the back sides of the Old Firm and there’s no pretence of people trying to be neutral at times. I think one of its best aspects is that they do 1 Podcast a week dedicated to lower league coverage.

To the OP - If you don’t enjoy it then that’s ok - you are entitled to your view just like the contributors to the podcast who do it for free.

I would thoroughly recommend it and the TV show based on it. 

I used to find it okay but has became more boring as the seasons have went on.   Come across a bit smug now and they never used to.

Also... im getting sick of hearts fans with a media platform being constantly nutrual or having a 'balanced view' while anyone and everyone else just kicks the boot in.  This happens alot on the terrace podcast so thats another reason im getting fed up listening to it.

OmiyaHearts

Watched one of the telly shows. I enjoyed the bits without them talking pish on the couch.

I genuinely have zero interest in what other supporters have to say about us or the game. Bearing in mind they are all our enemies now, I say screw everyone on the podcast

Even the Jambos sharing a studio with that filth can do one.

Malcolm Tucker
18 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Telfer - wank

Borthwick - good guy

Sked - good guy 

Fowler - ok guy

Spot on imo

Dallas Green

I listen to it occasionally and normally enjoy the Hearts lads.

I really enjoyed the podcast Borthwick had during Robbie's first spell.

There is a Hearts one I cannot stand though, "This Is My Story" listened to the first couple episodes and could not stand the main guys voice. Probably decent guys though 😂

9 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

This, I don't mind it. No point living in an echo chamber

What happened to the Perth to Paisley Podcast?

They did a few episodes towards end of last year/beginning of this year, then seems like they just stopped. 

13 hours ago, Malcolm Tucker said:

Spot on imo

I dunno, he's calling Borthwick a good guy ffs!

😄

I would advise people not to give it the time of day. The guys on it are unbearable and I know they are Hearts fans but they do zero in terms of sticking up for the club they support. They need to be balanced but in this situation they should be more vocal about what’s happened. Then again they don’t represent the average football fan and reek of entitlement. I saw something on YouTube called “two Duncan’s”, may have been the least funny and most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen on TV. 

julienbrellier

Agree with the OP itss truly dreadful stuff.cant really relate to it or the guys on it who are clueless.

I too have been subjected to the forced “banter” of the terrace crew and agree with some of the comments that the sketches like two Duncans just isn’t funny.

8 hours ago, Perrykitch said:

I would advise people not to give it the time of day. The guys on it are unbearable and I know they are Hearts fans but they do zero in terms of sticking up for the club they support. They need to be balanced but in this situation they should be more vocal about what’s happened. Then again they don’t represent the average football fan and reek of entitlement. I saw something on YouTube called “two Duncan’s”, may have been the least funny and most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen on TV. 

It’s not a Hearts related podcast, it isn’t their job to be cheerleaders for Hearts. I find it weird that people expect them to do that. 

48 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

It’s not a Hearts related podcast, it isn’t their job to be cheerleaders for Hearts. I find it weird that people expect them to do that. 

You find it weird expecting hearts supporters to be cheerleaders for hearts ?  I’d find it weird if they didn’t.