Former Hearts players' association

Gorgiewave

Gorgiewave

I have a vague recollection of there being an association, or similar, for former Hearts players. I don't know if it was social or what. Does anyone know anything about it and whether it still exists?

queensferryjambo

I don't know whether it still exists but if it is the same group but one group of Ex Players used to have an annual dinner and the old 'super cool' menus from the evenings come up for auction sometimes. Some had signatures from players from the 1910s, 20s and on.

The menu covers were like this - 

1900's_Postcard_showing_Bobby_Walker's_C

cauther col

I spoke to Peter Smith about 6 months ago he is an ex player from the 50s and he told me a lot of ex players go into Tynecastle I'm sure he said a Tuesday. He mentioned Gordon Marshall and a few others. Obviously the ongoing virus would have put a damper on it.

5 hours ago, cauther col said:

I spoke to Peter Smith about 6 months ago he is an ex player from the 50s and he told me a lot of ex players go into Tynecastle I'm sure he said a Tuesday. He mentioned Gordon Marshall and a few others. Obviously the ongoing virus would have put a damper on it.

That sounds like it could be the Big Hearts Football Memories group.  Until the current situation, it was two Tuesdays a month in the museum.