Tom Meighan, what a *****.

Tazio

So Kasabian release a rather cold statement Monday saying that the singer has left for “personal reasons”, people express sympathy and concern for him. He then tweets to say he is doing fine. Everyone assumes it’s a mental health or addiction issue and offer best wishes. 
Nope. Turns out they were making sure they got rid of him before today’s court case where he’s pleaded guilty to violently assaulting his ex-girlfriend in front of their terrified kid who had to phone the police as the incident was happening. 
And he gets community service and less than £200 of costs. Arsehole. 

Sooperstar
15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So Kasabian release a rather cold statement Monday saying that the singer has left for “personal reasons”, people express sympathy and concern for him. He then tweets to say he is doing fine. Everyone assumes it’s a mental health or addiction issue and offer best wishes. 
Nope. Turns out they were making sure they got rid of him before today’s court case where he’s pleaded guilty to violently assaulting his ex-girlfriend in front of their terrified kid who had to phone the police as the incident was happening. 

The statement referenced his behaviour, so from that I would have thought most would conclude he had been caught doing something wrong.

Agree with the general point. Sounds from his own reaction that it was a pretty nasty incident.

Auld Reekin'
27 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I must be old.

I’ve never heard of him.

If you've also never heard / heard of Kasabian, you're luckier than you know.   :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

If you've also never heard / heard of Kasabian, you're luckier than you know.   :thumbsup:

Seconded.

The lead boy seems like a bit of a prick. Maybe he could replace Keith Flint in the Prodigy and do a lovely rendition of Smack my bitch up. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

👍

I really liked the first five songs on thier first album, the rest were fillers imo, I've not listened to any other of thier stuff, looked like a good live act when I saw them on TV at a festival.

Edited by Dawnrazor

Rick James

Love a lot of Kasabian stuff but they can be a bit hit or miss. Still probably one of my favourite indie bands.

Quite a mad story and he's an utter bellend for doing this. They'll probably get back together later on though. If it's good enough for Chris Brown or athlete's like Stan Collymore etc.

John Findlay
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Should have been gaoled.

Sends out the wrong message with regard to domestic violence.

Edited by John Findlay

Jambo-Jimbo
4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I must be old.

I’ve never heard of him.

You and me both.

4 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

And by the sounds of things I've not missed anything.

All roads lead to Gorgie

When the band first appeared I thought here we go another Oasis clone with another Liam Gallagher wannabe as a front man. At least with Liam the angry young man image was his stage persona only. 

This guy has obviously got real issues and attacking a women like this suggests he is rotten to the core.

Салатные палочки

Went to see them back in 2005 at the Carling Academy. Think Reason is Treason was my favourite tune but didn't bother with anything after that. Always seemed like a typical, edgeless indie band like the Courteeners that people who mostly listen to dance music dabble with. 

6 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I must be old.

I’ve never heard of him.

You are not missing much. Another generic indie band of the 2000’s trying to ride on the coat tails of Oasis and Blur. 

Lobey Dosser

The right decision to fire him. I love two of their tunes - Club Foot and Shoot The Runner - but never really liked much else. Good on them for doing the right thing. 

18 hours ago, superjack said:

Always liked kasabian but that bloke is an arse of the highest order.

That's where I'm at.

Rick James

Don't feel right defending Kasabian as a band on this thread but anyone who compares them to Oasis obviously hasn't heard a lot of their stuff. Not saying Kasabian are better, but very different to generic indie.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Locky said:

Don't feel right defending Kasabian as a band on this thread but anyone who compares them to Oasis obviously hasn't heard a lot of their stuff. Not saying Kasabian are better, but very different to generic indie.

Never heard o them but im from the Bay City Rollers era.

4 hours ago, Locky said:

Totally agree, love both bands music but they are not similar at all.

Rick James
39 minutes ago, superjack said:

Totally agree, love both bands music but they are not similar at all.

I like Oasis, but a lot of their stuff can sound very similar at times. Kasabian have produced all kinds of sounds. Some a bit too out there for me, but some absolute tunes.

On 07/07/2020 at 19:11, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

When the band first appeared I thought here we go another Oasis clone with another Liam Gallagher wannabe as a front man. At least with Liam the angry young man image was his stage persona only

This guy has obviously got real issues and attacking a women like this suggests he is rotten to the core.

lolz

Der Kaiser

I'm confused by this story. Some media say its his ex but others say they're still together.

Just seen his statement and he says they're still together.

WTF?

Is it too blunt to say that if they are still together then it just reeks of a woman living a cushy life who can't give it up? There were red marks around her neck apparently. 

Alcohol, ADHD etc....might explain the actions but it can't excuse them.

Spellczech
5 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

I'm confused by this story. Some media say its his ex but others say they're still together.

Just seen his statement and he says they're still together.

WTF?

Is it too blunt to say that if they are still together then it just reeks of a woman living a cushy life who can't give it up? There were red marks around her neck apparently. 

Alcohol, ADHD etc....might explain the actions but it can't excuse them.

Women can really press a man's buttons but most of us are brought up being told you must not hit girls...so we don't. Most of us know to separate ourselves from our partner once the shackles rise, but some people are never taught these things or don't have the brains to stop themselves lashing out. 

I find it best not to be too judgemental of a one-off situation like this, but habitual offenders are fair game. Clearly they never learn...When I was studying law, we did a prison visit where the murderers told us how they hate the Category C prisoners - woman and child abusers - and you kind of understood it as these are the worst of their sort - that's why they are in prison - but I still found it odd how a guy who stuck a broken glass in the neck of another man in a pub thought he was better than people who beat their wife..., but this situation is also mirrored in society, where you get men raging against other men who maybe just eff up once like (as far as we know) in this case...

Is it too blunt to say that if they are still together then it just reeks of a woman living a cushy life who can't give it up?

Impossible to say when we're never likely to know the full story, but there are plenty folk stuck in abusive relationships that are far from cushy so that wouldn't be my first guess at a reason they are still together.

Der Kaiser

I can forgive and forget but there's a line I would draw on certain behaviour regardless of extenuating circumstances, a line thats different for everyone. If I was assaulted by a drunk partner I'm pretty sure that would be the end of it for me....Kylie Minogue would get a 2nd chance....probably a 3rd as well....the rest are packing their stuff up and walking. 

As i said its a confusing story and it seems like prosecution was brought on by the police and not the partner. Guess the two of them know the real story.

Maybe I just don't want to admit I'm more like my old man than I realise. He's never suffered fools gladly and I think generally if you really behave badly towards me, drunk or otherwise.....I'm done with you like my Dad would be. Verbally you can call me what you like. Sticks and stones and all that (Mods feel free to allow any and all abusive comments aimed at me to stay). I'm not one for conflict and I can leave mid argument even if I'm sure of myself which often ticks folk off even more. 

I've no regrets in my life thus far so its serving me well at present. Don't think I've ever surrounded myself with friends who would behave like that so I imagine it would take one of them doing something serious to test my resolve.