Lafferty - Open Goal

Heartsmad1874

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Only care how he done with us.  Sitting on the bench at bigger clubs doesn’t help any stat.  He’s played about as much games as a Craig Gordon in the last two years also. 

2 goals in 11 games at Sunderland and he's played 20 games more than Gordon in the last 2 seasons.

He's had one good goalscoring season in his life and he's a lazy trainer who's away to turn 33. He's a shit example to kids, a stress to his coaches, hes done nothing since he left and he's a walking justification for the mini huns in our support to get their bigotry on.

I could do without the sideshow myself and I just don't think he's got it any more anyway.

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

2 goals in 11 games at Sunderland and he's played 20 games more than Gordon in the last 2 seasons.

He's had one good goalscoring season in his life and he's a lazy trainer who's away to turn 33. He's a shit example to kids, a stress to his coaches, hes done nothing since he left and he's a walking justification for the mini huns in our support to get their bigotry on.

I could do without the sideshow myself and I just don't think he's got it any more anyway.

correct big game player and never tried a leg in the other games.

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Only care how he done with us.  Sitting on the bench at bigger clubs doesn’t help any stat.  He’s played about as much games as a Craig Gordon in the last two years also. 

Craig Gordon is a far better professional than Kyle Lafferty though. Also, we were desperate for a goalkeeper and dare I say, we don't need strikers atm.

Glamorgan Jambo

People need to grasp the nettle that even if we get reinstated in the Prem and get crowds back in fairly quickly we still have a bloated wage bill and need to move quite a few on at a time when there’ll be not so many takers. Far too high maintenance and constant danger of just not bothering about a game.

A_A wehatethehibs

Kyle should not have left Hearts. He had won the lottery here. Sometimes funny / arrogant characters like him clash and don't fit at clubs, but sometimes it works and they just fit. He was focused, switched on and playing some of the best football of his career. He should've negotiated an extension and seen out his career here, he could've easily have had 3 or 4 great seasons with us and built a solid foundation for his long term life after football. Could've got 50+ goals, been a real legend and won honours. Too sensible for him though, instead he decided to take the journeyman route and flopped at 3 clubs, probably back at the bookies on the regular, meanwhile Hearts have had a goal drought and catastrophic 2 seasons. 

Lafferty retains cult hero status for some classic performances, but for me he will always be a 'what might have been' story. Would've been nice to have him in maroon at both Murrayfield and Hampden against Celtic. Who knows, he could conceivably have been a Double winner at Hearts. But those games are gone, the ship has sailed.

For the here and now, Hearts have an abundance of experienced forwards with plenty of goals - what we need is a young kid with ability who is happy to initially play second fiddle to top guys like Naismith and Boyce, work himself up to their level and grab a Hearts career for himself. Someone like Kevin Nisbet is the ideal signing but financially might not be do-able so the priority has to be on our weak area - the entire midfield 4. 

Good to hear Lafferty point out the negotiations including first year high wage then reduction in second.  

I mind getting absolute pelters on here when i posted the info, a few posters claiming he was at easter road 🤣🤣

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Good to hear Lafferty point out the negotiations including first year high wage then reduction in second.  

I mind getting absolute pelters on here when i posted the info, a few posters claiming he was at easter road 🤣🤣

Are we in talks with him now?

So, I watched the interview before I went to work this morning (well...got bored listening to him going on about Rangers so fast-forwarded it to the Hearts bit) and what I got from the interview was....

After numerous attempts to sort out a contract, he got more than he was expecting in the end.

He or a club would have to give Hearts £250k if he left and he said he signed for Rangers on LESS money than he was getting at Hearts.

Lennon was desperate to get him to Hibs but the day he was going down there Lennon was on a golf jolly somewhere.

He was going to be on less money in his second season if he stayed at Hearts but he changed something in his contract (possibly about the £250k) as he loved the club and it's history so decided to stay.

The only club he would ever have left Hearts for (probably means in Scotland) would be his boyhood heroes.

Seemed that Cathro struggled to gain respect by the players and he never really got involved with them, always on his laptop.

Said (after a bit of thinking time) that Levein would blank any attempt by anyone at having a laugh, never smiled, came to see the training and just stood there watching (not in those words but that was the jist of it)  In otherwords pretty unapproachable it would seem (think we knew that though anyway)

Thinks Hearts have been done a raw deal with the relegation and would go to Hearts in a minute if they wanted him. Seemed a bit regretful that his time at Hearts had ended. (I get the feeling he definitely would've stayed if Rangers hadn't went in for him.)

A few bits may need tidied up a bit, I was watching while rushing about getting ready for work but that was the general feel I got from his interview.

Robbo-Jambo
6 hours ago, Locky said:

It's true, but I still felt like we had our fingers burnt a little. He was wanted and appreciated here. I called it the minute he left to go to Rangers, that he wouldn't be a first team player and would be on his arse within a season or 2.

The age he was at grouped with the fact that his wife was pregnant, and he'd had quite a nomadic career, meant that Hearts was perfect for him. With Levein on top of him and even Budge in his ear, he had the authoritative figures that he needed here, and it showed because for once in his career, he was playing in the top flight of Scottish football controversy free, and reaping the benefits. As good as he was for us, I genuinely believe we were just as good for him if not better.

Then Rangers signalled some interest, and he made it clear in no uncertain terms that he wanted to go. The whole 'boyhood club' argument I didn't buy from the start. He's already been there and done it all with his boyhood club, what reason was there to go back? As has been established, it wasn't for money. He went back to the cesspit of Weegie football, and within a matter of weeks, was all over the papers again for his behaviour off the park. Rangers had a decent season, which he barely played a role in.

Had he settled with us when he had the chance, he could've been a great here. But as others said, he's got even more baggage now than when we signed him. 

Spot on. 

Good Post. 👍

I think the less money may be a bit disingenuous, he was on less money at Rangers than he was in his 1st season with us, but more than he would have been if he had re-signed for us.

15 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Came, scored big goals and made us money.

In the shear shitfest of the past four years in terms of money paid out to utter donkeys that couldn’t give a shit then no,  he didn’t make a fool of hearts big guy.

Damour, Sammon, Osh, Martin Craig Levein, Ian Cathro Macphee perhaps.  Big Laff?  Na. 

If that’s aimed at me, then I really don’t know why?  🤷🏿‍♂️

I was merely voicing my opinion, as I’m entitled to, just as you are entitled to your reply but minus the wee comment.  👍

wattie exploited

scored a lot of goals for us that,s all that mattered people move on all the time ,Would def score more goals than Washington  or uche so even a year contract would be a win win :rifle:

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

If that’s aimed at me, then I really don’t know why?  🤷🏿‍♂️

I was merely voicing my opinion, as I’m entitled to, just as you are entitled to your reply but minus the wee comment.  👍

Big guy/mate/compadre/associate 😘😎

19 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Should add there was no insult intentionally meant by me. 

ScandinavianJambo
7 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Kyle should not have left Hearts. He had won the lottery here. Sometimes funny / arrogant characters like him clash and don't fit at clubs, but sometimes it works and they just fit. He was focused, switched on and playing some of the best football of his career. He should've negotiated an extension and seen out his career here, he could've easily have had 3 or 4 great seasons with us and built a solid foundation for his long term life after football. Could've got 50+ goals, been a real legend and won honours. Too sensible for him though, instead he decided to take the journeyman route and flopped at 3 clubs, probably back at the bookies on the regular, meanwhile Hearts have had a goal drought and catastrophic 2 seasons. 

Lafferty retains cult hero status for some classic performances, but for me he will always be a 'what might have been' story. Would've been nice to have him in maroon at both Murrayfield and Hampden against Celtic. Who knows, he could conceivably have been a Double winner at Hearts. But those games are gone, the ship has sailed.

For the here and now, Hearts have an abundance of experienced forwards with plenty of goals - what we need is a young kid with ability who is happy to initially play second fiddle to top guys like Naismith and Boyce, work himself up to their level and grab a Hearts career for himself. Someone like Kevin Nisbet is the ideal signing but financially might not be do-able so the priority has to be on our weak area - the entire midfield 4. 

You are correct. In addition, his descisions are those of a gamblers. He needs manmanaged closely to succeed which is why he was a success at Hearts... and I do think he is more of a one man band then a team player, however so are many good strikers. I did not like the whole flute playing nonsense either. Keep that in the West, we are not Rangers cousins...

SwindonJambo

Hun Bigot and emboldens out own bigots. We are NOT Sevco.

Problem Gambler

Inconsistent

Extremely troublesome individual requiring a lot of management

Few assists

Lazy

Indisciplined

Appalling social judgement

Always likely to cause embarrassment

A bad role model and influence on the youngsters.

He's an utter prick.

Yes, he scored the odd spectacular goal, upped his game about 10 notches whenever we played Celtic but his team play wasn't great.

Keep well, well away from Tynecastle, please. We don't need his sort here.

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

40 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Should add there was no insult intentionally meant by me. 

Thanks for that.  👍

Sorry, picked you up wrongly.

16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Thanks for that.  👍

Sorry, picked you up wrongly.

No bother mate 😎

8 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This is a great post, everything you've said is bang on, sometimes folk don't realise what they have until it's gone, he had his chance with a club he said himself just felt right but that wasn't good enough for him

OmiyaHearts

Overall the Lafferty signing worked OK for us. Got a few great goals and we got money for him.

tynietigers

For anybody believing that KL will be back are fooling themselves 😂 he basically left for money to pay depts over betting, there is no danger he will be allowed back full stop 👍🏻

Probably one of the most boring interviews ever on open goal.  Maybe just me but i thought Kyle was useless at telling stories and not funny in the slightest

3 hours ago, savage said:

Probably one of the most boring interviews ever on open goal.  Maybe just me but i thought Kyle was useless at telling stories and not funny in the slightest

Have to agree. I don’t listed to all the Open Goal interviews, just ones with players I think might be quite interesting. 

Was looking forward to this one as obvi Lafferty has the Hearts connection, and he is meant to be known as a bit of a joker so thought he might be quite an engaging/funny guy. He seemed to struggle to string a sentence together at times, and his stories just seemed to peter out. 

leith_dude
On 07/07/2020 at 10:50, Smithee said:

This is spot on.

No thanks, we are fine for strikers. 

4 hours ago, savage said:

Yogi Hughes wisnae much better. Don't think it helps by having to do it on screens rather than face to face., the delay plus poor continuity, video quality can make an interview cumbersome and difficult to follow properly.

Need Si Ferry to get interviews with Pressley and Gordon, two of the Riccarton three. Others interesting would be Colin Cameron, John Robertson and John Colquhoun.

Restonbabe
5 hours ago, savage said:

Totally agree 2 hours of nonsence. 

Watched the interview. Best skipping to the hearts section.

Total dafty. Don't think he will be back! Will go to the highest offer

Hearts1975

So let me get this right and by the just of the thread 

Anyone who would take him back is a bigot, plays the flute, loves the sash, loves the hun and Big Laff coming back will help create more little Huns running around in hero worship.

😎 Absolute fecking bollocks. Precious lot we can be at times, that’s for sure.

Can we just put the hun pish to one side for one second and consider he has scored the most goals in one season for us and since Robbo 

He scores goals with us - 19 in that one season. Christ, I would paint the feckin pitch orange if he came back and scored 30 goals as a result. Who really cares. 

someone said that Goncalves was better that season - scored 3 goals - dearie dearie me, says it all about what the expectation is about at times 

One of the worst interviews yet.

No real funny stories,if there was you couldn't make them out.

Andy Halliday came across well and Hughes would have been better if you could have made him out.

HamishMcGonagall

He played out his skin for us to get his move back to Rangers and to stop himself having to pay out £250,000.  Without those incentives this time round I doubt he'd do half as well or be half as bothered.