Top Posters In This Topic

• Ainsley Harriott

• Cruyff

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Ari Gold

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, fila said:

The championship wont be an issue for CB, back to a fans fav by santa time 

That will sub the state of the club right up then. 
Embarrassing if that happens. 

Hearts1975

He will be on a big wedge.

For that reason and that reason alone, would move him on.

Like the guy but would rather he bows out now rather than suffer the inevitable regression whilst playing for us and in the latter part of his career 

I really don’t think he will ever be a fraction of the player he was and pre his injury against Septic. He is still on the same money unless his contract changed 

I think Jason Kerr would be a good player to sign. If we're stuck in the Championship holding onto Berra another year means Kerr goes into the last year of his contract when we come back up which would make him affordable in terms of transfer fee.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

He will be on a big wedge.

For that reason and that reason alone, would move him on.

Like the guy but would rather he bows out now rather than suffer the inevitable regression whilst playing for us and in the latter part of his career 

I really don’t think he will ever be a fraction of the player he was and pre his injury against Septic. He is still on the same money unless his contract changed 

It was extended at a time when he was looking like the injury had taken a toll, it might’ve even went up, 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was extended at a time when he was looking like the injury had taken a toll, it might’ve even went up, 

👍 in which case you could question whether we could get somebody a bit younger in place.

In a season or 2, Berra will be finished, pace wise, unfortunately.

you could even argue that it has happened now. 

10 hours ago, OTT said:

I think Jason Kerr would be a good player to sign. If we're stuck in the Championship holding onto Berra another year means Kerr goes into the last year of his contract when we come back up which would make him affordable in terms of transfer fee.

Jason Kerr has always impressed me. Him. And McCart formed a good partnership last season. 

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

👍 in which case you could question whether we could get somebody a bit younger in place.

Berra is certainly quicker than Halkett by a distance, probably than Souttar too. Mind you, that's not hard. 

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Berra is certainly quicker than Halkett by a distance, probably than Souttar too. Mind you, that's not hard. 

Fair point. We ain’t exactly blessed with pacey defenders unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Halkett normally makes me think I'm watching a slow motion replay

Berra will be fine in the championship generally but I'd be looking for a conversation about moving him on with the likely wage he'll be getting. 

Edited by dazinho88

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Yeah definitely, I think if we were staying up we would need to try and release him, as a back up in the Championship he would be ok but is an expensive bench warmer. If he agrees to terminate his contract now he could be given a testimonial next summer.