Shock, Horror

Ex member of the SaS

Ex member of the SaS

First bigot's derby the 17 Oct. How can they honestly say the fixture list is random? The bigots requested a game when fans can attend and it looks like they got their way ( again) 

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

First bigot's derby the 17 Oct. How can they honestly say the fixture list is random? The bigots requested a game when fans can attend and it looks like they got their way ( again) 

Your no surprised neither am i and i dont think anyone else is mate. Way it is and will always be.

Corstorphine Jambo

The fixture list isn’t completely random (policing etc dictates) and I’m sure I read somewhere recently the SPFL say that. So I think it’s fair to say that the first old firm fixture isn’t there randomly. 

So surely someone questions why it’s been scheduled last in the first round of fixtures? Or to make things simpler and more transparent, the SPFL just come out and explain why? Surely...........🤨

It’s the greatest derby in the world dontcha know!

How can football expect the greatest fans in the world to be deprived of watching the world renowned Galacticos like Griffiths, Tavernier and co. 

Ron Burgundy

Not even worth bothering about. This is what happens when for over a hundred years clubs have taken the old firm boaby and I include us in that.

We don't even get lubed up for it. Just take it dry every time.

20 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

The fixture list isn’t completely random (policing etc dictates) and I’m sure I read somewhere recently the SPFL say that. So I think it’s fair to say that the first old firm fixture isn’t there randomly. 

So surely someone questions why it’s been scheduled last in the first round of fixtures? Or to make things simpler and more transparent, the SPFL just come out and explain why? Surely...........🤨

Play it nearer the start so there are no fans to police, no? 

The OP is spot on. Its another bender to Celtic. Not even Rangers... Celtic.

Edit - misread your post sorry 

Edited by Homme

Nookie Bear
43 minutes ago, assessor said:

Fans of other clubs will be happy with status quo again..   

#move_on

Seems some clubs are happy to be in a league that is run specifically for the purpose of 2 clubs. Some appear extremely eager to quash any kind of challenge to it as well, for some reason.

The fact that despite being under the microscope like never before, they are still happy to fix the fixtures to suit Celtic, speaks volumes. 

Edited by stotty

I'm sure all the teams who voted against the proposals put forward by ourselves and Partick are delighted with this. It's ok though as I type dungcastor is lubing himself up to give it to his little bitches and they know this and are ready for a proper goosing. 

Nothing surprises me whatsoever in the cesspit that is the SPFL.

watching that smarmy welt Doncaster on Sky news boiled my piss. 

Hibs are away that weekend. Presumably if the Championship does begin on 17 October, and we're in it, we'll be at home on Matchday 1.

Hibs are also away the following weekend. 

Predicted yesterday that Celtic/Rangers would be game 11. I predict tomorrow will be Tuesday. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Come on now we should all know Scottish football is in a healthy state when these two are miles out in front everyone else and the fans at a Glasgow derby are the envy of the world. 

Our esteemed press can't be wrong surely!

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

#move_on

Seems some clubs are happy to be in a league that is run specifically for the purpose of 2 clubs. Some appear extremely eager to quash any kind of challenge to it as well, for some reason.

I've often wondered if there is a specific agenda amongst smaller teams owners in respect of allegiances beyond their own clubs. This narrow minded leaning towards either Celtic or Rangers, which is apparent across the MSM, is something that is occasionally apparent amongst fans of non OF clubs, never mind owners. Is it possible, that the majority of these smaller clubs are owned by Celtic or Rangers fans in reality? Donald Findlay springs to mind, right of the bat, at Cowdenbeath.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Since 1985 (that was as far back as i could be bothered checking) they have only had to wait until October for the first meet up 4 times with all those being early October and once in November. 

Maroon tinted glasses 2

The fairest way (HA HA HA HA HA) for it to be done would be for the SPFL to announce that all of the First round fixtures should be BCD so no teams get unfair financial advantages until the fan attendance can be resumed for everyone...................................... but then that would also imply that the SPFL act in a fair way to all teams but as we already know that's a sham. 

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Is anybody surprised? IF there even is any crowds by then, it'll be nowhere near the full house they expect.

Cue the Celtic tears and snotters if the infamous support isn't there, no doubt it'll be unfair. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Ronaldo9 said:

Is anybody surprised? IF there even is any crowds by then, it'll be nowhere near the full house they expect.

Cue the Celtic tears and snotters if the infamous support isn't there, no doubt it'll be unfair. 

The Hague is on alert.

Hectormasson
16 minutes ago, Ronaldo9 said:

Itl be a closed shop,  as at most other grounds, for the foreseeable.......

Tommy Brown
24 minutes ago, Ronaldo9 said:

If a full house is not allowed, do not be surprised if the game is postponed until a full house is possible.

Ex member of the SaS
25 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

If a full house is not allowed, do not be surprised if the game is postponed until a full house is possible.

Celtic miraculously have a diddy friendly with Icelandic minnows that must be played. How that rule ever came about is another example of the SPFL taking the Celtic bell end.

OmiyaHearts

Is it any different than scheduling derbies or big games for boxing day and new year?

It's not like the SPFL even have to cover up corruption and bias. Look at what they've got away with the last few months.

They'll do what they want and no one can do anything about it.

Batistuta87

The arrogance of the SPFL knows no bounds. Even though they're currently under massive scrutiny, they're still willing to fiddle things in the background. 

Disgusting. 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

#move_on

Indeed, NB.

We know it's so, other clubs know it's so - but only we (and Partick, obvs) have the guts to say so.  Really angry at most of the other top tier clubs / most of the other 42 clubs.

16 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Celtic miraculously have a diddy friendly with Icelandic minnows that must be played. How that rule ever came about is another example of the SPFL taking the Celtic bell end.

And Rangers.

Just because they have been less of a force since they died, there are two clubs for whom that rule came in.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

buT tHe hUNs are GoiNg tO bRinG down The spFl wItH tHeIr doSsiEr

Dagger Is Back

A 1 in 11 chance of that happening had the draw been random, which of course it isn't

If it does go ahead in front of a crowd, it hands Celtic a financial advantage. Sottish football just sits back and let's it happen. Had the game been due at Ibrox the same would have happened

The clubs deserve all they get. They failed to back Vlad and they've largely failed to back AB. Hell mend them

Rick James
3 hours ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

It's not completely random as you mention, but I think once all the mitigating factors are put into their 'supercomputer' it essentially is randomised. Either way, there is no way that this wasn't intentional.

Would they have done the same if Hearts and Hibs were both in the division? They could've had Hibs play Livi that weekend perhaps but instead sent Hibs up to Dingwall. Oh well.

PhoenixHearts

I'm more affronted by them purposely scheduling both Dundee Utd and HIbs at home on the same day on the first day of fixtures August 1st, knowing full well of we were to be reinstated they'd have to change it. 

Seems like a clear **** you to us, not to mention how presumptuous they're being about the result of the tribunal.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

Guest ToqueJambo

Introducing CelGers Fixture Management Software.

"When only two teams in your league matter, we put the "fix" into fixtures"

Brought to you by the completely independent, working for all clubs SPFL.

So what if the OF game is being played as late as possible to maybe let fans in? Folk on here constantly moan about 'the pittance' that scottish football gets from TV yet the league aren't allowed to use its biggest assets from a tv viewership point of view?

Just now, Dagger Is Back said:

A 1 in 11 chance of that happening had the draw been random, which of course it isn't

If it does go ahead in front of a crowd, it hands Celtic a financial advantage. Sottish football just sits back and let's it happen. Had the game been due at Ibrox the same would have happened

The clubs deserve all they get. They failed to back Vlad and they've largely failed to back AB. Hell mend them

Great post and so so true

19 minutes ago, Ribble said:

So what if the OF game is being played as late as possible to maybe let fans in? Folk on here constantly moan about 'the pittance' that scottish football gets from TV yet the league aren't allowed to use its biggest assets from a tv viewership point of view?

Exactly.  There’s a lot more going on to lose shit over just now like. 

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

It’s for television more than anything.  Celtic will have the season tickets covering the attendance regardless.  It’s more annoying that Hibs get both the old firm at the end of the fixture lists than anything else. 

wattie exploited

not bothered about either of them will be to busy watching hearts :rifle:

Dagger Is Back
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It’s for television more than anything.  Celtic will have the season tickets covering the attendance regardless.  It’s more annoying that Hibs get both the old firm at the end of the fixture lists than anything else. 

It’s irrelevant whether or not Celtic have ST money. They won’t sell out their ground based on STs, and there’s the away allocation too

It’s a point of principal - every bit as biased as manipulating the split fixtures.

There should be no manipulation other than local club fixtures being separated

Byyy The Light

Going to go against the grain and suggest that Sky have pulled the strings here, not necessarily the SPFL.

17 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

It’s irrelevant whether or not Celtic have ST money. They won’t sell out their ground based on STs, and there’s the away allocation too

It’s a point of principal - every bit as biased as manipulating the split fixtures.

There should be no manipulation other than local club fixtures being separated

TV and policing rule mate.  The police will have recommended any category a games for all clubs being played as late as possible.  The alternative would be have it first or second have 1000s around the ground and even more in pubs and that.  

16 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Going to go against the grain and suggest that Sky have pulled the strings here, not necessarily the SPFL.

Sky and police. 

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, Ronaldo9 said:

If crowds still are not allowed, there could be a mysterious bug that results in a postponement.

Also see this is scheduled for the weekend prior to the European group stages starts

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

If crowds still are not allowed, there could be a mysterious bug that results in a postponement.

Also see this is scheduled for the weekend prior to the European group stages starts

Don’t get your hopes up about the group stages mate :lol: 

Smoked-Glass
5 hours ago, Voxpop said:

Just like Celtic and Rangers never draw each other in the third round of the cup....

They did in 2004/05

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Last Laff said:

Don’t get your hopes up about the group stages mate :lol: 

Yeah, i hope neither of the cheeks make it that far.

Incidentally, Aberdeen don't play in the cheeks game, so have no impact  

Dagger Is Back
16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

TV and policing rule mate.  The police will have recommended any category a games for all clubs being played as late as possible.  The alternative would be have it first or second have 1000s around the ground and even more in pubs and that.  

Sorry LL but I just don't buy that. We'll need to agree to differ

Fort Vallance

I've been a bit que sera, looking forward to watching Hearts, whatever league we're in. Championship, ok I'l live with it.  But actually seeing the fixtures in print and we're not there really hit home. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

So we arrange everything because that lot cannot control their feral tendencies.