Shock, Horror

Ex member of the SaS

53 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

They did in 2004/05

Must have forgotten to put the balls in the freezer that day.

Id rather people found out about how the fixtures are done and not by the SPFL by the way

Fixtures have been  placed on certain dates for years...people need to remember that TV has a large say like it or not.

Clearly TV have had a big say as they would prefer a crowd even if a smaller crowd in attendance

Sorry but that is just common sense not some sort of conspiracy

We have also had our say in past years re dates

Of course if you don't want the money from the new TV deal then be prepared to watch a lower level of football

58 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Sorry LL but I just don't buy that. We'll need to agree to differ

Sound 👍

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So we arrange everything because that lot cannot control their feral tendencies. 

Not really.  I wouldn’t have thought any us Hibs or Sheep Cat A games would have been scheduled either tbh.  Not looked through the fixtures so could be wrong. 

Tokyo Drifter
6 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

First bigot's derby the 17 Oct. How can they honestly say the fixture list is random? The bigots requested a game when fans can attend and it looks like they got their way ( again) 

But it has been funny watching them gradually realise that their push to get the league started early so they can get some game time before the European competitions kick in means they're going to be out of pocket as a result.

Tommy Brown
13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Id rather people found out about how the fixtures are done and not by the SPFL by the way

Fixtures have been  placed on certain dates for years...people need to remember that TV has a large say like it or not.

Clearly TV have had a big say as they would prefer a crowd even if a smaller crowd in attendance

Sorry but that is just common sense not some sort of conspiracy

We have also had our say in past years re dates

Of course if you don't want the money from the new TV deal then be prepared to watch a lower level of football

This more a fix to sell 6000 away tickets at £50 per head plus premium hospitality packages.

Which if "randomly" processed by the computer could have ended behind closed doors.

All clubs playing either Arse cheek will have no access to away ticket sales and hospitality packages.

Come on CJGJ, you think that's fair.

It's ripping the piss.

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

So what if the OF game is being played as late as possible to maybe let fans in? Folk on here constantly moan about 'the pittance' that scottish football gets from TV yet the league aren't allowed to use its biggest assets from a tv viewership point of view?

What difference does that date make if it's the biggest draw.

Oh, you mean Sky only want it for the vile atmosphere, bigotfest.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

This more a fix to sell 6000 away tickets at £50 per head plus premium hospitality packages.

Which if "randomly" processed by the computer could have ended behind closed doors.

All clubs playing either Arse cheek will have no access to away ticket sales and hospitality packages.

Come on CJGJ, you think that's fair.

It's ripping the piss.

where are these 6000 you speak of

There are only 900 or so away supports at either ground so bang goes that theory

Im aware they get certain advantages but not to the extent many claim

THE October match is simply common sense and if people took a step back from this fake anger they"d realise this...It would be terrible business sense by the TV company not to do so and surely you can realise this

Edited by CJGJ

Harry Potter
6 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Not even worth bothering about. This is what happens when for over a hundred years clubs have taken the old firm boaby and I include us in that.

We don't even get lubed up for it. Just take it dry every time.

Brilliant post, made me laugh, you have a way with words.:lol:.

Tommy Brown
30 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

where are these 6000 you speak of

There are only 900 or so away supports at either ground so bang goes that theory

Im aware they get certain advantages but not to the extent many claim

THE October match is simply common sense and if people took a step back from this fake anger they"d realise this...It would be terrible business sense by the TV company not to do so and surely you can realise this

My bad mate. Apologies.

Rangers cut the allocation when they started selling as many season tickets.

Celtic used to get the whole Broomloan until recently. Rangers got a similar amount.

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

What difference does that date make if it's the biggest draw.

Oh, you mean Sky only want it for the vile atmosphere, bigotfest.

what I mean is that by making it the last game in the first round of fixtures it stands the greatest chance of having fans at the game (may well not be fans at the game but they have given it as much of a chance as possible) which makes for a better spectacle on tv, remember the audience outside of Scotland see it as a great derby/spectacle rather than the bigotfest that it actually is

18 hours ago, martoon said:

Hibs are away that weekend. Presumably if the Championship does begin on 17 October, and we're in it, we'll be at home on Matchday 1.

Hibs are also away the following weekend. 

Predicted yesterday that Celtic/Rangers would be game 11. I predict tomorrow will be Tuesday. 

Woah! You were spot on. Weeeeeird.

willie wallace

No coincidence that Neil Lennon said a couple of weeks ago that is he hopes the game  would be held back to allow fans in.

Just heard  briefly on the radio that the Stenhousemuir chairman arguing that it will overshadow the re-opening of the lower leagues that weekend.

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Woah! You were spot on. Weeeeeird.

Nostradamus eat your heart out. 

Ex member of the SaS
23 hours ago, martoon said:

Hibs are away that weekend. Presumably if the Championship does begin on 17 October, and we're in it, we'll be at home on Matchday 1.

Hibs are also away the following weekend. 

Predicted yesterday that Celtic/Rangers would be game 11. I predict tomorrow will be Tuesday. 

You are 100% correct, today is Tuesday. Can you send me this Friday's Euro millions lottery numbers?

bean counter

I don't care just as long as they don't put our away game against ICT on midweek as that would cut the travelling support and my weekend away

complete control

lennon. The referees went on strike coz of this guy. Now he is picking the fixture list >>🤥

8 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You are 100% correct, today is Tuesday. Can you send me this Friday's Euro millions lottery numbers?

I'll pm them to you when they come through. 😁

Tommy Brown
5 hours ago, complete control said:

lennon. The referees went on strike coz of this guy. Now he is picking the fixture list >>🤥

Worse than that, he picks the referees too.

The Treasurer
22 hours ago, willie wallace said:

No coincidence that Neil Lennon said a couple of weeks ago that is he hopes the game  would be held back to allow fans in.

Just heard  briefly on the radio that the Stenhousemuir chairman arguing that it will overshadow the re-opening of the lower leagues that weekend.

Lets face it the media will only have one story this season, 10-iar. Anything else will be a token side show.

The media will be primed to push for fans to be allowed for the greatest game in the world, regardless of whether there is a second wave or not.

If the SPFL want to be fair to all clubs (I know) then the first two rounds of fixtures should be BCD  meaning no club would have the advantage of a home crowd which their opponents didn't have