Starting line up for next season.

AlimOzturk

AlimOzturk

Honestly think with the Signing of Gordon we already have enough to skoosh the championship. It looks ever more likely that's where we will be next season. 

It is actually very difficult to pick a starting line up as I genuinely think we have good quality all round. We have a top six premiership team IMO and only bad management and injuries prevented us from being successful last season. Of course, being demoted didn't help at all. 

If nobody leaves my team would be

GK: Gordon

LB:  Hickey

CB:  Soutar

CB:  Berra

RB:. Smith

LM: Clare

CM: Haring (if fit)

CM  Irving

RM. Walker

ST: Naismith (C)

ST: Boyce

Heavy rotation of Irving/Olly Lee, Moore/Walker/Morrison, Berra/Halkett

Still think we have to see the real Loic Damour. A player of his pedigree don't just become shite. Think Olly Lee will have a point to prove and might win the starting position over Irving. I prefer Berra's experience over Halkett but he could also be the starting player if Berra can't rediscover his old self. 

Anyways, genuinely good team and Robbie Neilson should get much more out them the Stendal and Levein did. 

We need more backup for defence IMO. Another CB should be the priority. 

EH23-Jambo

GK: Gordon

LB:  Hickey

CB:  Soutar

CB:  Smith

RB:. Brandon

LM: Henderson or Moore

DCM: Haring

ACM: Naismith

RM. Walker

ST: Washington

ST: Boyce

Clerry Jambo
13 minutes ago, lou said:

There will lots of ins and outs to.come before kick off

You would hope and expect a lot being shown the door, our squad is massive, but easier said than done getting players moved on

Leveins Battalion

Gordon

Smith

Souttar

Halkett

Hickey

Nicholson

Fraser

Haring

Washington

Naismith 

Boyce

😍🤞

gashauskis9

Out (9 on top of those who’ve gone already):

Doyle

Smith

Lee

Damour

Washington

Wighton

White

Souttar

Morrison 

Based on what’s left

Gordon

Brandon

Halkett

Berra

Hickey

Clare

Haring

Irving

Walker

Naismith

Boyce

subs from: Zlamal, Garrucio, Hamilton, Cochrane, McDonald, Burns, Uche, Henderson, Moore

Should be enough for the Championship with further promotions from the Academy through the season.  I really hope Robbie gives Burns a chance, he’s got something and i reckon playing him in a central/attacking midfield role he would tear that league apart.  Tough as nails, and a real fire in his belly, yet Levein chose to farm him out whilst the chancers who were left shat it.  

From this, further squad rebuild for the Premiership needs to be focused on a RB, CH x 2, CM, AM, Left Winger, CF (at least 7 players to come in).  

Edited by gashauskis9

Rick Sanchez

Gordon/Stone

Clare/Brandon

Souttar/Halkett

Gogic/Berra

Hickey/New Signing

Haring/Cochrane

Irving/New Signing

Walker/Henderson

Naismith/Smith

Nicholson/Moore

Boyce/New Signing

Punt: Zlamal, Doyle, Smith, White, Garrucio, Damour, Lee, Morrison, Burns, Wighton, Ikpeazu, Washington.

18 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Got to imagine several of that team won’t be here. 

Under normal circumstances, if we were just relegated, I’d agree but who knows what the market is going to be like and I doubt we’ll pay any contracts up either. 

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Under normal circumstances, if we were just relegated, I’d agree but who knows what the market is going to be like and I doubt we’ll pay any contracts up either. 

I would have thought several players won’t particularly want to play in the Scottish championship and may be actively seeking a way out. I’m not saying these players are bigger than hearts but some are certainly too big for lower league Scottish football. 

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

I would have thought several players won’t particularly want to play in the Scottish championship and may be actively seeking a way out. I’m not saying these players are bigger than hearts but some are certainly too big for lower league Scottish football. 

We are still the third biggest team in Scotland what ever league we were playing in and if they had any sense of decency about they would stay and right the wrongs of last season. They are partially responsible for the position we find ourselves in. We should never have been bottom of the league in the first place.

Fitba' broke my Heart

Gordon

Berra      Halket      Soutar

Smith            Cochrane           Hickey

Clare                   Naismith

Washington        Boyce

For a 4-4-2

perm any 2 from the 3 at the back and swap for Damour

If fit Haring plays; drop anyone you like.

3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Hope you are right as there is no point in players staying who don’t want to be here. I’m not saying we won’t be able to get rid of players, or indeed lose some we’d prefer to keep, just saying it might not be easy. 

2 minutes ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

Gordon

Berra      Halket      Soutar

Smith            Cochrane           Hickey

Clare                   Naismith

Washington        Boyce

For a 4-4-2

perm any 2 from the 3 at the back and swap for Damour

If fit Haring plays; drop anyone you like.

The only position I’ve seen Sean play well in was right back. He’s got a lot to learn defensively but do you think the championship might be a good league to play him there? Or wing back?

Edited by GinRummy

Reckon we will sell Smith, Washington and Hickey although the word is we will get Hickey back on loan.

Also think Doyle, Zlamal, Damour and White will move on. Weirdly I thought Uche was a certainty to leave however I can see Neilson using him.

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Gordon/Stone

Clare/Brandon

Souttar/Halkett

Gogic/Berra

Hickey/New Signing

Haring/Cochrane

Irving/New Signing

Walker/Henderson

Naismith/Smith

Nicholson/Moore

Boyce/New Signing

Punt: Zlamal, Doyle, Smith, White, Garrucio, Damour, Lee, Morrison, Burns, Wighton, Ikpeazu, Washington.

I'm here but imo Hickey will be away and white/ Ben/ burns will be out options at lb which is fine for the championship.

If he's on loan at us we'll need to shift maybe two of them tho. 

Also think, Washington, Uche, Damour, Smith, Lee will go.  And we'll bring in a few. 

Any compensation should be held for promotion. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Gordon

Smith           Halkett   Souttar        Hickey

Haring

Clare                        Irvine

Naismith

Washington     Boyce

Scottish Cup semi final Hearts 4-0 Hibs

Fitba' broke my Heart

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The only position I’ve seen Sean play well in was right back. He’s got a lot to learn defensively but do you think the championship might be a good league to play him there? Or wing back?

I think that he has great attacking instincts and was a touch too keen get to get forward.

I hope that his time at right back gave him an appreciation of what defensive responsibilities playing wide demands.

Working with Smith (on the over lap) the two can complement each other to a solid defensive and attacking pair on the right wing of the team.

Rick Sanchez
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I'm here but imo Hickey will be away and white/ Ben/ burns will be out options at lb which is fine for the championship. 

Also think, Washington, Uche, Damour, Smith, Lee will go.  And we'll bring in a few. 

Any compensation be held for promotion. 

I'd love Smith to stay and keep Washington but I was basing my team on realism. With Euro 2021 coming up, I don't see they two wanting to remain.

I think Boyce will be happy to sit on his lucrative deal and I think we'll be happy to keep him.

We also don't really need them if we're in the Championship with their deals near expiring. 

Fitba' broke my Heart
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We also don't really need them if we're in the Championship with their deals near expiring. 

I can't see us gambling on not having all hands available to be champions 2020-21.

No matter which league we play

21 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Reckon we will sell Smith, Washington and Hickey although the word is we will get Hickey back on loan.

Also think Doyle, Zlamal, Damour and White will move on. Weirdly I thought Uche was a certainty to leave however I can see Neilson using him.

Uche is a strange one. If Washington stays and Naismith played up front, Uche might not even make the bench.  

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Uche is a strange one. If Washington stays and Naismith played up front, Uche might not even make the bench.  

I agree but can just see Washington going to Stoke.

GK - Gordon 

RB - Clare 

CB - Souttar 

CB - Smith

LB - Hickey 

CM - Lee 

CM - Haring 

AMR - Walker 

AMC - Naismith 

AML - Washington 

CF - Boyce 

Don't think Clare, Smith and Washington will be (or will want to be) at the club for the start of the season. Hoping that Damour, Wighton and Walker are shown the door, but the jury is still out on Berra and Uche. Think they could have a part to play in the Championship.

Diadora Van Basten
37 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I am the same Clare is a really good right back but pants anywhere else.

Also think Walker can only play CAM and is pants anywhere else.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

Holyrood_Hearts
7 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Washington has gone?

No he’s still with Us

Holyrood_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Don't think Clare, Smith and Washington will be (or will want to be) at the club for the start of the season. Hoping that Damour, Wighton and Walker are shown the door, but the jury is still out on Berra and Uche. Think they could have a part to play in the Championship.

It all might depend on who’s going to take any of them

4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I hope to **** Walker goes into this season as fit as a fiddle and with the right head on him. He could tear that league up. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Have to disagree on Sean Clare. He's an attack-minded player and is much better right midfield getting forward. Defensively he gets caught out time and time again when he's anywhere near the right-back area with balls going over him. Smith is an able deputy in midfield or centre-half if needed but he's solid at right-back.

ideally we need two players for each position and using a few more youngsters as back-up if needed.

I'd be going

………….………...…………….Gordon

………….………………………..(Stone)

...Smith.…………..Souttar………..Berra......Garuccio

(Brandon)……(Halkett)……...(new guy)….(White)

Clare..……………...……..Lee...……...Halkett………..Walker

(new guy

or McDonald)      (Cochrane)….(Haring)……..(Moore)

………….……..Naismith...….Boyce

………….….(Wasington)…(Ikpeazu)

Ideally new guy for defence would be Jimmy Dunne, Halkett can play as defensive midfielder, back-up defender or alternative striker. An important player in the squad.

Hickey likely to be away so haven't used him at left-back. Garuccio wants to stay, White i'm unsure of but probably experienced enough for Championship. Probably need a right-sided player in midfield/wing to cover for Clare. McDonald could be the answer, Morrison not. Don't know what will happen with Haring but Halkett and Irving are capable enough in defensive midfield. Love it if we could get Lawrence Shankland in incase Naismith has injury problems. Don't know what's happening with Washington or Ikpeazu so definitely need another striker in if either of them move on. Both should cruise the Championship, Washington's an International and Ikpeazu is a battering ram and tricky enough to get away from most Championship defenders. All depends on who Neilson wants to bring in. I'd be quite happy with just Gordon, Dunne and Shankland, no need to overload and hopefully some money will come from down south for Loic Damour and Man City for Hickey.

gashauskis9
13 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Disagree. I think he was really coming on to a game at RM with Smith tucked in behind him.  Looked more comfortable with the game in front of him than behind him.  

Just now, gashauskis9 said:

Disagree. I think he was really coming on to a game at RM with Smith tucked in behind him.  Looked more comfortable with the game in front of him than behind him.  

Looked lost at right-back under Levein and looked a far better player when Stendel played him further up. Scored a few decent goals as well. A lot of goals we lost came from the space at right-back due to Clare being on the offensive. Let him get on with what he's comfortable at and let Smith do what he does best at right-back.

18 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Jury still out on uche 😂😂😂😂😂😂 the boy with 6 league goals in two seasons?? First out the door for me, total garbage and has no future at the club or at least no future I want to see. Conference North is more his level. Clare hasn’t shown anything about wanting to leave and is currently in the form of his life at Hearts, not sure why you think he’ll be away? Smith and Washington I agree with, both will be looking to be away as soon as possible. Damour, Wighton, Walker and Berra are all “meh” for me if they stay or go. 

AlimOzturk
37 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Far too early to even predict a squad never mind starting 11!!

Nothing wrong with speculating. Just thought a bit of light hearted chat to get away from the doom and gloom around ATM

gashauskis9
47 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Uche is exactly the type of player we need in the championship to be fair.

26 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Have to disagree on Sean Clare. He's an attack-minded player and is much better right midfield getting forward. Defensively he gets caught out time and time again when he's anywhere near the right-back area with balls going over him. Smith is an able deputy in midfield or centre-half if needed but he's solid at right-back.

ideally we need two players for each position and using a few more youngsters as back-up if needed.

I'd be going

………….………...…………….Gordon

………….………………………..(Stone)

...Smith.…………..Souttar………..Berra......Garuccio

(Brandon)……(Halkett)……...(new guy)….(White)

Clare..……………...……..Lee...……...Halkett………..Walker

(new guy

or McDonald)      (Cochrane)….(Haring)……..(Moore)

………….……..Naismith...….Boyce

………….….(Wasington)…(Ikpeazu)

Ideally new guy for defence would be Jimmy Dunne, Halkett can play as defensive midfielder, back-up defender or alternative striker. An important player in the squad.

Hickey likely to be away so haven't used him at left-back. Garuccio wants to stay, White i'm unsure of but probably experienced enough for Championship. Probably need a right-sided player in midfield/wing to cover for Clare. McDonald could be the answer, Morrison not. Don't know what will happen with Haring but Halkett and Irving are capable enough in defensive midfield. Love it if we could get Lawrence Shankland in incase Naismith has injury problems. Don't know what's happening with Washington or Ikpeazu so definitely need another striker in if either of them move on. Both should cruise the Championship, Washington's an International and Ikpeazu is a battering ram and tricky enough to get away from most Championship defenders. All depends on who Neilson wants to bring in. I'd be quite happy with just Gordon, Dunne and Shankland, no need to overload and hopefully some money will come from down south for Loic Damour and Man City for Hickey.

Regarding Sean, I honestly can’t remember him playing well in any position other than RB, what i do remember is him completely drifting out of games nearly every week until he was switched to RB. Like you said he made some shocking mistakes back there but he was good going up the park. Maybe the championship is the right place for him to learn the position. 

id like to see Halkett given a go at defensive mid and think Irving will be a regular starter next season. Would love Dunne back as well but can’t see Shankland coming.  

5 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Uche is exactly the type of player we need in the championship to be fair.

Yeah, depends who goes. For me, he doesn’t start ahead of Naismith, Boyce or Washington. Will we play one up front or two?

Just now, busby1985 said:

Jury still out on uche 😂😂😂😂😂😂 the boy with 6 league goals in two seasons?? First out the door for me, total garbage and has no future at the club or at least no future I want to see. Conference North is more his level. Clare hasn’t shown anything about wanting to leave and is currently in the form of his life at Hearts, not sure why you think he’ll be away? Smith and Washington I agree with, both will be looking to be away as soon as possible. Damour, Wighton, Walker and Berra are all “meh” for me if they stay or go. 

Still not sure about Uche either but he might be more suited to Championship than Premier. He may not have scored too many goals since he arrived but at the same time, not many others have either these last few years, the exception being Lafferty. If you play a defensive style then there's less chances to score. Levein would've always happy to be 1-0 up and playing the game out. Many times strikers were taken off and more defensive midfielders were brought on. Not saying Uche would be brilliant, far from it but at a  lower he might just score quite a few goals against slower and sloppier defenders. Up to Robbie I suppose.

I think a lot of people are looking at the season coming as an ordinary one - it won't be. The vast majority of clubs in the UK will be operating with very restricted budgets and the only thing that's going to happen is that a lot of footballers will be out of a job. If a player has a contract he'll be clinging onto it. People like Smith and Washington might fancy a move down south but their chance of getting one will be very slim. Lets face it, they'd be nothing more than squad fillers at any level above League 1 in England.

I believe any changes in our squad will largely depend on getting people out the door, and that will be hard to do.

Robbie will more or less have to get a tune out of last season's players. If we don't get the likes of Souttar and Haring back he's going to have a challenging job on his hands.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Regarding Sean, I honestly can’t remember him playing well in any position other than RB, what i do remember is him completely drifting out of games nearly every week until he was switched to RB. Like you said he made some shocking mistakes back there but he was good going up the park. Maybe the championship is the right place for him to learn the position. 

id like to see Halkett given a go at defensive mid and think Irving will be a regular starter next season. Would love Dunne back as well but can’t see Shankland coming.  

Honestly, anytime the opposition pressed the right-back area, Clare struggled to get back. He sometimes got away with it if defenders went over to cover for him or occasionally he may have managed to get a tackle in but it wasn't natural to him. I just feel he's stronger getting forward and setting up chances for others if he can't score himself. I've never been one to try and fit square pegs into round holes like Levein did. The only time a player should be used in a different position is if there's no other alternatives due to suspension or injury. To me it affects their confidence if or when it goes wrong. Clare suffered with that but became a different player when Stendel played him wide attacking. If you look at the goals he scored or helped to set up, he was always hanging about wide right just outside the box, or drifting into midfield.

I agree about Halkett. To me he's not an out and out central defender. He's the type that likes to link up in midfield and can be caught for pace in an out and out defensive role. At least if he did get caught out in defensive midfield, he would have a defender behind him rather than a gap. Also, as an ex-striker, he's handy to have around if needed upfront or at set-pieces.

Dunne would be a terrific signing, loved the club, got Hearts, even said he was disappointed to leave and would love to come back someday. Even in the Championship, I think he would consider it. As for Shankland, only Neilson knows what the situation is with his contract and that might work in our favour. But I kind of agree that it probably won't happen.

Gordon 

Brandon  Smith   Souttar   Hickey

Haring    Irving 

Clare            Naisy          Walker

Boyce

Subs: Stone, Berra, Garuccio, Cochrane, Moore, Henderson, Washington 

Cut The Crap

Anybody with any sort of career still ahead of them won’t want to waste a year of it playing a half season bcd in Scottish Championship. Big changes to come I’m sure.

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon 

Brandon  Smith   Souttar   Hickey

Haring    Irving 

Clare            Naisy          Walker

Boyce

Subs: Stone, Berra, Garuccio, Cochrane, Moore, Henderson, Washington 

Do you think Stone is ready for the bench or more just hopeful he is?

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Do you think Stone is ready for the bench or more just hopeful he is?

More hopeful that Doyle and Bobby are offski and there was no one else to stick on the bench. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

More hopeful that Doyle and Bobby are offski and there was no one else to stick on the bench. 

Wouldn’t mind that scenario. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Nothing wrong with speculating. Just thought a bit of light hearted chat to get away from the doom and gloom around ATM

Dont have a problem with that at all mate, its like predicting a starting 11 under Vlad! Lol.

Gk Gordon 

Plus 10 others!!

Jambof3tornado
55 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Only downside I can see is the risk if Craig sits out injured. Who is next in line after Harry? Think we need to keep one of doyle or bobby.