My new hearts website up and running

Skippy Doodle

Felix Lighter

I've been looking for footage of the Dundee Utd v Hearts 1984 cup tie for years. The backing the support gave the team that days was probably the best I've ever been a part of. Even Hamish McAlpine turned to us at the end and raised his arms aloft to applaud us.

Thanks Skippy.

Skippy Doodle

Cheers guys. Got loads more blogs and videos to add along with updating more player profiles. Will take a while but looking forward to it 👍

Салатные палочки

Nice one. 

Enjoyed scrolling through the players archive. It feels like Beattie played a lot more games than he actually did. When you think about it he probably became one of our most important players in our history when he held his nerve in that semi. Is he the definition of a "cult hero"? 

Look forward to more content being added 👍

Skippy Doodle
14 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Nice one. 

Enjoyed scrolling through the players archive. It feels like Beattie played a lot more games than he actually did. When you think about it he probably became one of our most important players in our history when he held his nerve in that semi. Is he the definition of a "cult hero"? 

Look forward to more content being added 👍

Cheers mate I wanted to put together a player profile that was easy to scroll through

27 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

I've been looking for footage of the Dundee Utd v Hearts 1984 cup tie for years. The backing the support gave the team that days was probably the best I've ever been a part of. Even Hamish McAlpine turned to us at the end and raised his arms aloft to applaud us.

Thanks Skippy.

Sturrock's goal looked offside.

Bone was a bit of an erse for that red card!

Henry showed a safe pair of hands.

Felix Lighter
Just now, Boof said:

Sturrock's goal looked offside.

Bone was a bit of an erse for that red card!

Henry showed a safe pair of hands.

On replay I thought Sturrock was on.

What was Jimmy Bone thinking?

Henry was a top keeper.

Jim McLean was in the red tops that morning whining about west coast refs, a ruse to put the pressure on Syme, not that he needed to because Syme never did us any favours anyway.

Different rules back then but it looked like the Hearts players were suggesting Narey should've been sent off. To see Syme have a good old laugh with Narey, then ticking off Robbo at the penalty sums him up.

The volume of Hearts support had a top notch Utd side rattled that day, but a dreadful bit of ball watching by Zico cost us at the end. 

image.png.d65734f30ce8ad491ed0dd31a480ec1b.png

That's just as Gough kicks it.

I'd say only one player between Sturrock and goal line.

Very close but I'd give it as offside :D

Edited by Boof

Samuel Camazzola

Good work! 

I can't believe Beniusis managed to rack up that many appearances! 😄 

I think I recall one of John Armstrong's two appearances. A Scottish Cup defeat at Dunfermline. I remember a young Adam Hamill playing for them and giving us a torrid time. 

Felix Lighter
1 minute ago, Boof said:

image.png.d65734f30ce8ad491ed0dd31a480ec1b.png

That's just as Gough kicks it.

I'd say only one player between Sturrock and goal line.

Very close but I'd give it as offside :D

Yeah well spotted, I never noticed how far out Henry was.

Unlike Hearts to not catch a break from officials though.:mw_rolleyes: 

Good stuff Scott.  Any possibility of resurrecting the MNF podcasts?  There were some seriously good interviews, and not just with the Hearts subjects, although those were definitely the best. 

Zico's left foot

Great website.

I only remember Bannon from his second stint - can honestly say I wouldn't have recognised him from that photo 🤣🤣🤣

In the McAllan house you will always be known as, "St Skippy of Doodle" - fair cheered me up, so it did ;)

6 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

My new website

https://www.amoruso-lets-it-run.com/

Is now up and running so please feel free to check it out - tons more content to add so still in construction mode but happy to get feedback for what I have done during past couple of days

Skippy Doodle
2 hours ago, RobNox said:

Good stuff Scott.  Any possibility of resurrecting the MNF podcasts?  There were some seriously good interviews, and not just with the Hearts subjects, although those were definitely the best. 

No chance of resurrecting the MNF podcasts I’m afraid mate. If I were to do podcasting again it would strictly be hearts only 

Skippy Doodle
4 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Good work! 

I can't believe Beniusis managed to rack up that many appearances! 😄 

I think I recall one of John Armstrong's two appearances. A Scottish Cup defeat at Dunfermline. I remember a young Adam Hamill playing for them and giving us a torrid time. 

Yeah only one start for Ben 10

12 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

My new website

Is now up and running so please feel free to check it out - tons more content to add so still in construction mode but happy to get feedback for what I have done during past couple of days

Different class take a bow 👌

Skippy Doodle
1 hour ago, airdriejambo3 said:

The picture of Anthony Basso looks like he's playing against Celtic while sitting on a bus.

Haha yeah was hard to find something better

Unknown user
13 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

My new website

Great (except no apostrophe in "Lets" on the front page :thumbsup:)

Skippy Doodle
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Great (except no apostrophe in "Lets" on the front page :thumbsup:)

Haha duly noted

TyphoonJambo

Skippy my marsupial mate that's a thing of real beauty. Just watched the "what's the goalie doing" brilliant. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

Skippy Doodle
3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Skippy my marsupial mate that's a thing of real beauty. Just watched the "what's the goalie doing" brilliant. 

Haha cheers mate

Skippy Doodle
3 minutes ago, Simo said:

I genuinely have no memory of Beslija scoring for us :rofl:Still remember that cross though... 

both goals were in friendly matches

On 04/07/2020 at 18:58, Skippy Doodle said:

My new website

THE GIFS

IN ONE PLACE

:pleasing:

Skippy Doodle
22 minutes ago, OTT said:

THE GIFS

IN ONE PLACE

:pleasing:

Tons more still to be added - at least another 40 or so

52 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

both goals were in friendly matches

Barcelona is one iirc. Forget that it's was Makela who scored against the Spanish giants.

Edited by Marvin

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

The state of Dougie Donnelly in that 1983/84 clip :rofl:

His "Hibs nil" comment needs to be added. 👍 

Skippy Doodle
28 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Brilliant Skippy, already bookmarked in my Hearts Folder.

👍

been here before
3 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

New “it’s just like watching Brazil” section added to the website

Theres a lot if good stuff already there but that Clydebank v Hubz game really is comedy gold from start to finish  😆

Skippy Doodle

GIFS page now fully updated with 70 gifs for you to share with fellow fans 👍

let me know what your favourite ones are 

Player profile section is a cracking one. Thought i knew just about everyone but i'd never heard of Armstrong. It'll take some work to do the amount we've had even since I started going in 1982!

Looks like it could be a very popular site, well done and good luck with it.

Skippy Doodle
2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Player profile section is a cracking one. Thought i knew just about everyone but i'd never heard of Armstrong. It'll take some work to do the amount we've had even since I started going in 1982!

Looks like it could be a very popular site, well done and good luck with it.

Cheers buddy. Gonna take a while to get it looking how I want with all content and interactive content for visitors 

Skippy Doodle
59 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

Had a look. Some good stuff. Barry Lavetty 🤣🤣🤣. Hibs class 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you 😀

Skippy Doodle

🚨Even our rivals are taking the time to check out episode 2 of “Its just like watching Brazil” over on my new website 

💻https://www.amoruso-lets-it-run.com/just-like-watching-brazil

Please do the following

leave feedback
suggest future watching Brazil episodes
follow my Twitter @Amoruso1998

94B51C74-0AC8-404B-9DDF-4D6CEA9F6C9F.jpeg

Edited by Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle

There is now a hearts dream team page on the website with teams picked by Ian Crocker and a Keith Downie the first ones added

SwindonJambo
On 04/07/2020 at 21:09, Felix Lighter said:

Thanks Skippy.

That game had a big impact on me. When it was played, I was on a long weekend in Scotland with my family, having moved South from Hamilton a couple of years before. Aged 16 but not yet a supporter, I’d started taking an interest in Hearts because I’d never known them to be anything other than a yo yo club, going straight back down after goIng up. For the first time I could remember, they were holding their own in the Prem. So I was pleased when I saw on the trailers that highlights of the  game was on Sportscene that evening and I would get my first chance to see the rejuvenated Hearts,. I knew about star striker called John Robertson and with so little coverage down South, this was my first chance to see him play. 

I’ve just watched those highlights - first time I’ve seen them since originally broadcast in 1984 and thoroughly enjoyed. I remember Airchie going on about the big noisy Hearts support and their great backing and they even drew praise from misery guts Jim McLean. Airchie said the Hearts support that day could have lifted a dead person! 

I arrived in Edinburgh as a student in the Autumn of the following year and went to the next home game after, on an organised trip. It was the scrappy 1-1 draw with Dundee, which kicked off the 85/86 run. . 

i’ve been a supporter ever since.  :D