Hush money! Or do we bring the house of cards down?

Marky mark

I would like us to go down the route that causes the league the most pain and hopefully causes some clubs to go bust.  Hearts will survive and bounce back whatever happens so I am purely just looking for us to cause as much damage as possible.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• south morocco

• RobNox

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

kingantti1874

You know if there was a genuine “bring it all down” scenario I’d be all for it..

the reality is - that doesn’t exist.. what exactly do people think will happen? 

take the money, be thankful we’ve won - and made sure they will think twice if ever faced with the scenario of ****ing us over again 

south morocco

I’d like us to keep pressing to expose and bring down as many that are complicit in this. Not sure it’ll happen but this is a chance that we have to pursue 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

This has been one of Ann Budge's aims from the outset. 

Just the media have not picked up on it, with the exception of one or two,.......... yet.

The media shit show will get worse....Monday’s rag will rip into us.

south morocco
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You know if there was a genuine “bring it all down” scenario I’d be all for it..

take the money, be thankful we’ve won - and made sure they will think twice if ever faced with the scenario of ****ing us over again 

Hopefully people responsible lose their cushy overpaid jobs. Be thankful ?

We have no chance in an SFA arbitration, not even a UEFA or FIFA arbitration. The courts let us down justice by putting it back to the football authorities.

If the outcome of Arbitration Tribunal is to award us compensation and there is no other compromise or alternative, we will have to accept it. Otherwise we walk away with nothing. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Is it ok to be past caring ?

I'm getting there too. 

However suspect the money is not the goal and is secondary to the argument. 

I think we only accept it when it is all that remains 

John Findlay
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I dont think so. I think the SPFL will keep quiet now until this concludes.

2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

If (and it is a big if) James Anderson foots our bill / makes sure we don't go bust then I would be all for bringing this shitshow down rather than settle for a settlement from the spfl. If our side feels there is damaging Information on the people running the spfl then it needs to be out. I know anything in arbitration is confidential but I'm sure if anything dodgy is brought to light in it, we would somehow find out. Scottish football needs to be reset, new people at the head of our game and a fairer voting / share of money. It'll probably never happen but I'd like to see us try and start it.

Even if arbitration is confidential, if anything dodgy or illegal is uncovered surely the panel would be obliged to report it to the relevant authorities. Having said that Doncaster et al are not stupid, so I'll be amazed if all the dodgy stuff wasn't verbal only and anything that might exist that is incriminating will have been destroyed/altered or whatever. What will be the remit of the arbitration panel anyway, will they have the authority to order forensic analysis of electronic systems or if that's not possible is that when taking it back to Lord Clark comes in? 

But to answer the OP's question, we keep going until there's nowhere left to go!

Edited by 1953

16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

My thoughts exactly. 

This has all turned out a bit meh. Corruption is rife, there’s no doubt about it. It’s as much of a secret as Jimmy Savilles lifestyle was. 

However, there is no smoking gun, no bus to throw them under. 

The best case scenario is we get a wee bit of compo and the subject of governance and future changes will be spoken about. Edit: plus they’ll be some “lessons learned” chatter and if we are very lucky ND will be gone for letting it get to this. 

In 12 months time we’ll be prepping for going back into Prem and all this silly episode will be forgotten. 

Edited by Zen Jambo

1 minute ago, Zen Jambo said:

My thoughts exactly. 

This has all turned out a bit meh. Corruption is rife, there’s no doubt about it. It’s as much of a secret as Jimmy Savilles lifestyle was. 

However, there is no smoking gun, no bus to throw them under. 

The best case scenario is we get a wee bit of compo and the subject of governance and future changes will be spoken about. 

In 12 months time we’ll be prepping for going back into Prem and all this silly episode will be forgotten. 

There's no promotion next season is there?

John Findlay

Just my personal thoughts here.

Hearts and possibly one or two others have since Good Friday have been playing a long game. In this day and age when everything has to be instant, not many have seen it.  

We have had a strategy from the off. 

It may not work in the end, but it wont have been from the lack of planning and trying. 

I firmly believe there is still a long way to go in all this. I wouldnt be betting on the top league in Scotland kicking off at the start of August.

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Hopefully people responsible lose their cushy overpaid jobs. Be thankful ?

Yes I’ll take any sort of win right now, wouldn’t you? proves we were correct.

13 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Which one, there are many.

I believe we should go for he jugular and expose those  corrupt feckers and their sympathisers. 

15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If the outcome of Arbitration Tribunal is to award us compensation and there is no other compromise or alternative, we will have to accept it. Otherwise we walk away with nothing. 

Most clubs are having to wait to see if their budgets are going to be cut. 

Keeping the threat of compensation going as long as possible puts the pressure on the clubs and the SPFL.

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Most clubs are having to wait to see if their budgets are going to be cut. 

Keeping the threat of compensation going as long as possible puts the pressure on the clubs and the SPFL.

Well, if we were awarded the sum we are quoted, then it is still possible that would force their hand to compromise on something else. 

Ricardo Shillyshally

Can't shake the feeling that as this has been referred back to SFA Arbitration as an Association Football matter, the outcome could be against us.  We are a football club signed up to the terms and conditions of the SPFL and the football clubs voted for this "footballing" outcome.

Hopefully the Dundee vote fiasco goes in our favour. 

If we get out of this with some compensation but still demoted that will be a victory of sorts . 

The attitude of other clubs is disgusting, happy to sit back and watch this happen. Assuming we don't bring the house down, just wait until the next club is wronged and wanting to kick up a fuss. They'll regret it.

bean counter

I think that if we win we will take compensation.

Imagine if they find the dundee vote flawed.

If they null and void the vote then reinstate us the spfl can and will organise another vote and I can't see us winning that so we would still be in the Championship but without compensation

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Had a chat with a recent former club employee about this earlier tonight. In short he basically said that AB wouldn’t stop until ND was no longer running the SPFL. The evidence against him is overwhelming apparently. Corrupt prick!

Good to hear, hope she gets her wish. 

Whatever happens , that prick Doncaster has to be forced out and his alliance to Celtic exposed and Broken.

south morocco
42 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yes I’ll take any sort of win right now, wouldn’t you? proves we were correct.

Of course, yes. 

downunder jambo
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

They thought they could intimidate us into accepting an injustice, they are now in panic mode, wondering who they can pass the buck to when the chickens come home to roost.  If I was involved in the proceedings, I would make it clear right up front, that there is no prospect of any agreement being reached which did not include the provision that Doncaster will be removed from post.  

Not having a go but how do you know "they are in panic mode", or is it just wishful thinking on your part?

For what its worth I hope you are right!

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Is it ok to be past caring ?

Naw, it's no ok.

Edited by upgotheheads

Rick Sanchez

I would rather take a hit and bring the roof down on these *******s than take a hit for the benefit of Scottish football and the survival of other clubs.

Only Hearts.

LeylandJambo

In for a penny in for a pound. We should be going for the jugular and shouldn't be caring who we trample on to get what we want.

I think too many clubs are happy to live with the corruption, if they can just tick along and survive reasonably comfortable.  We found that out in the Romanov years.   If they backed us, and we all worked together, we might have already brought them down.  

All in. Tbh AB’s pockets are much deeper than ND’s. If that’s what she says then as a betting man, I’d bet she lasts longer in the SPFL than ND does. She also has more influential,  affluent friends than donkey has. She’s a resolute woman and if her wish is to see pain inflicted on donkey and the SPFL, then I don’t imagine she’ll stop, or won’t give up, till he’s gone. 

Win or lose, bring them all down 

Just now, Paolo said:

I think too many clubs are happy to live with the corruption, if they can just tick along and survive reasonably comfortable.  We found that out in the Romanov years.   If they backed us, and we all worked together, we might have already brought them down.  

Absolutely. Romanov worked that out for himself only 6 months after arriving. Something we knew since the late 80s when it became more obvious. Romanov ruffled a lot of feathers in the corridors of "power" and it was no surprise that refs booked and sent off more Hearts players than anyone else. It would make sure we had the worst disciplinary record (i think, 3 years in a row) as they hoped it would get him out before their cozy little organisation was found out. The media in this country lick old firm arse and if they were competent at their jobs they would show no favouritism and stay impartial.

Prove how corrupt Scottish football is, so all the way. 

Dungcaster and his corrupt band of thieves, going to jail would be the icing on the cake.

Bring the whole shooting match down and with as much collateral damage as possible..

Crack open a cold one, sit back and await and enjoy the show...

**** the corrupted weegie B*******

and as the norm: h1b5..

"Always The Hearts"

I doubt the current ongoing process will bring Doncaster down. However, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if AB is keeping a wee scrapbook of evidence to go after him afterwards.

The first order of business is clearly to sort out the club. Doncaster’s crimes will still be there after this has been done.

Cut The Crap
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Hearts and possibly one or two others have since Good Friday have been playing a long game. In this day and age when everything has to be instant, not many have seen it.  

It may not work in the end, but it wont have been from the lack of planning and trying. 

I firmly believe there is still a long way to go in all this. I wouldnt be betting on the top league in Scotland kicking off at the start of August.

Can you explain the strategy, John? What is the end game for Hearts? Where is the smoking gun?

To be honest, if it turns out we’ve been after Doncaster all along under the pretence of pushing for reconstruction and reinstatement I’ll be pretty pissed off.

grumpyespana
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The thing is John if we win our case and get reinstated we would need a few weeks to get up to speed as we cannot train just now so cannot see the league starting on the 1st August lol.

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Can you explain the strategy, John? What is the end game for Hearts? Where is the smoking gun?

To be honest, if it turns out we’ve been after Doncaster all along under the pretence of pushing for reconstruction and reinstatement I’ll be pretty pissed off.

The strategy with regard Doncaster I personally believe has been in place since Ann Budge served on the SPFL board. The opportunity just hasnt made itself available until now.

Since Good Friday. I believe our strategy has always been to be in the top league.

I believe it has been personal where Doncaster and Lawell are concerned against Ann Budge. They have rather arrogantly thought that a woman in her 70s would be a walkover. They have always been incorrect in that matter.

3. Compensation. I believe this to be the least of our goals behind our strategy.

We will take if that is all that is on offer in the end.

13 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Right. 

There doesn't need to be a smoking gun. The Rangers dossier failed because it lacked the impact everyone was getting themselves worked up about. Doncaster is a buffoon but not stupid. What the dossier and our case will likely highlight is a pattern of behaviour which falls short of what should be expected from a CEO of a governing body. 

I wish people would stop fantasising about this idea of a smoking gun. Death by 1000 cuts, he's not done 1 thing super wrong, its more lots of things done poorly over a sustained period of time. 

If you fixate on this idea that there is going to be a picture of Doncaster with his hand in the cookie jar, you're going to be left bitterly disappointed. What you may see is continued poor conduct which doesn't befit the office of CEO. 

Perth to Paisley
5 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Doncaster and Nelms won a watch by it not going to court.

Doncaster will ensure there is no evidence of wrongdoing in the paperwork.

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Then the man is a bigger fool than he is already perceived to be.

We know what documents are there. We just wanted a judge to confirm we are entitled to see and use them. Lord Clark duly obliged.

Based on QC on Sportsounf it turns out they could appear .... Good news

3 hours ago, downunder jambo said:

Not having a go but how do you know "they are in panic mode", or is it just wishful thinking on your part?

For what its worth I hope you are right!

Just my take on things.  You have to wonder why the SPFL were making up all sorts of lame excuses for not providing the documentation we requested.  If there is nothing to hide, then why wouldn't they be offering up the documentation to support their own argument that everything was done properly and above board?

WorldChampions1902
9 hours ago, hmfc1984 said:

What right do we have to take this all the way though? I thought arbitration was binding on both parties unless there was a reason legally that it hadn't been done in accordance with the rules? So if the arbitration panel doesn't reinstate us what options are available? 

If the arbitration panel finds that we were expelled illegally and it’s solution is financial compensation instead of reinstatement, we WILL be back in the CoS. 

jimbrown76
7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

If you want to bet that the League won't start on 1st August I'm sure a few people would gladly take you on, just not Hearts fans lol.

Just as a by the way, we have won the Scottish Cup eight times, not seven.

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, jimbrown76 said:

If you want to bet that the League won't start on 1st August I'm sure a few people would gladly take you on, just not Hearts fans lol.

Just as a by the way, we have won the Scottish Cup eight times, not seven.

I know mate but cant change it on my phone.

jimbrown76
21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I know mate but cant change it on my phone.

I thought there would have to be a logical reason John.

The QC chap on Sportsound said this afternoon that if the Arbitration were to find that the Dundee vote change was unlawful, then the decision to end the season could be reversed and that the courts would not look kindly on any other fudged outcome or compromise when an injustice has been done. 

At that point Dick Gordon seemed to recoil into his seat. 

Edited by Cruyff

Looking at the playing squad, I think we need a year in the championship.

I want Cochrane, Irving, McDonald, Morrison, Brandon, Moore and Henderson all to get 20+ games.

After a season of first team football, we might not need to bring in as much to take on the premier league.