Hush money! Or do we bring the house of cards down?

Marky mark

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• south morocco

• RobNox

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be extremely disappointed if we settled for compensation. 

Reinstatement. If the cards fall at the same time then great. If not, they will fall in the next wee while. 

Marky mark
3 minutes ago, Homme said:

I'd be extremely disappointed if we settled for compensation. 

Reinstatement. If the cards fall at the same time then great. If not, they will fall in the next wee while. 

Agree totally ‘ in for a penny is where we are now 

StevenNaismith

Had a chat with a recent former club employee about this earlier tonight. In short he basically said that AB wouldn’t stop until ND was no longer running the SPFL. The evidence against him is overwhelming apparently. Corrupt prick!

All in, watch them fold now they understand that we are not bluffing.

They thought they could intimidate us into accepting an injustice, they are now in panic mode, wondering who they can pass the buck to when the chickens come home to roost.  If I was involved in the proceedings, I would make it clear right up front, that there is no prospect of any agreement being reached which did not include the provision that Doncaster will be removed from post.  

chuck berrys hairline

Can only seeing Donkey squealing about Liewell if hes removed from his cushty number. The way everyone has tried to divert the whole shenanigans makes me think there's some crimal or underhand activity they dont want out 😶 all the links from one club through various businesses end up at one head office (Hampden) theres more too this imo

Been saying it for years, we live within a very corrupt footballing organisation. Nothing will change unless a fair percentage of us revolt at the same time. I hope we have started that ball rolling and it continues to gather momentum. 

Turkishcap

Bring em down without a doubt. 

Hope some people are feeling a bit more positive after a sleep.

It's not over till it's over.

south morocco

Bringing some of these crooks down while getting a decent amount of cash- reconstruction  would be a decent result indeed. I’m glad to hear AB wants him out

Jambof3tornado
7 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Had a chat with a recent former club employee about this earlier tonight. In short he basically said that AB wouldn’t stop until ND was no longer running the SPFL. The evidence against him is overwhelming apparently. Corrupt prick!

We need to bury the *****. For the good of all Scottish football.

As much as it pains me I don’t think she will pursue this battle. It will go to arbitration which is pointless and we will move on.

Bunch of corrupt individuals no doubt but I just can’t see AB doing this. 

It's a shame other clubs can't see the wood for the trees. The SPFL would shit all over Hibs, Aberdeen etc next time if it meant decisions were made to Celtics benefit.

Maybe more clubs need to become collateral damage of the SPFL and Celtic cabal before people start to realise. 

6 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

As much as it pains me I don’t think she will pursue this battle. It will go to arbitration which is pointless and we will move on.

Bunch of corrupt individuals no doubt but I just can’t see AB doing this. 

Going to arbitration is pursuing the battle. What else do you suggest we do. 

Well hello there Neil I trust you are keeping well

I suggest that you brace yourself because there is going to be a "Maroon Platoon" making its' way to the front door of your office very soon.

In preparation of this we would give you the following advise:

Run, run away fast and never stop because we will hunt you down and then.............................Have a very pleasant weekend

Edited by 7628mm

I think any offer of reinstatement or heavy compensation at this stage would be a red light pointing to wrongdoing at Hampden. 

The risk of a year in the Championship would be worth it if it helps to free Scottish football from this underhand dictatorship. 

Just drive right through this red light and bring the house down. 

gashauskis9

Bring it down.  It’s time, for the sake of the game for up here to influence change for the good, even if we don’t get everything we want this time round.  

Don't post much but read a lot.  My take on this is now that the 'seal' has been broken so to speak that maybe some other clubs who have been harbouring grudges or grievances come forward. I would love to see the whole rotten edifice brought down and a fair and equitable organisation rise from the ashes. **** them all.

Unknown user

I'd be raging if we agreed to financial compensation from a tribunal. They either reinstate us or **** them, court it is.

I still think we'll be reinstated, probably by tribunal, I can only see compensation if it goes back to court.

What right do we have to take this all the way though? I thought arbitration was binding on both parties unless there was a reason legally that it hadn't been done in accordance with the rules? So if the arbitration panel doesn't reinstate us what options are available? 

Dallas Green

If (and it is a big if) James Anderson foots our bill / makes sure we don't go bust then I would be all for bringing this shitshow down rather than settle for a settlement from the spfl. If our side feels there is damaging Information on the people running the spfl then it needs to be out. I know anything in arbitration is confidential but I'm sure if anything dodgy is brought to light in it, we would somehow find out. Scottish football needs to be reset, new people at the head of our game and a fairer voting / share of money. It'll probably never happen but I'd like to see us try and start it.

Ricardo Shillyshally

I doubt very much this will bring anyone down, as nice as that would be. 

Arbitration is (from our point of view) about the unfairness of demotion not the network of Ceticky connections or the incompetence of the SPFL.  

Getting a successful  outcome for HMFC will be difficult enough. Anything beyond that is highly improbable.

I dearly hope I'm wrong though

John Findlay
10 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

This has been one of Ann Budge's aims from the outset. 

Just the media have not picked up on it, with the exception of one or two,.......... yet.

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

If (and it is a big if) James Anderson foots our bill / makes sure we don't go bust then I would be all for bringing this shitshow down rather than settle for a settlement from the spfl. If our side feels there is damaging Information on the people running the spfl then it needs to be out. I know anything in arbitration is confidential but I'm sure if anything dodgy is brought to light in it, we would somehow find out. Scottish football needs to be reset, new people at the head of our game and a fairer voting / share of money. It'll probably never happen but I'd like to see us try and start it.

James Anderson has been and is a very good friend of this club. He will always have my gratitude for what he has done.

Let's not forget though he owes us nothing and we rely on his generosity. He is acting out of the goodness of his heart.

I would like to think he is absolutely disgusted by the way the SPFL board have acted and doesn't want to tarnish his name by any further involvement with them. Unless of course the corrupt cabal can be shifted. Maybe other clubs will wake up to this sooner rather than later.

Perth to Paisley

Doncaster and Nelms won a watch by it not going to court.

Doncaster will ensure there is no evidence of wrongdoing in the paperwork.

John Findlay
24 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Doncaster and Nelms won a watch by it not going to court.

Doncaster will ensure there is no evidence of wrongdoing in the paperwork.

Then the man is a bigger fool than he is already perceived to be.

We know what documents are there. We just wanted a judge to confirm we are entitled to see and use them. Lord Clark duly obliged.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

I doubt very much this will bring anyone down, as nice as that would be. 

Arbitration is (from our point of view) about the unfairness of demotion not the network of Ceticky connections or the incompetence of the SPFL.  

Getting a successful  outcome for HMFC will be difficult enough. Anything beyond that is highly improbable.

I dearly hope I'm wrong though

I think you're view is correct.   In the immediate situation, HMFC winning something out of this  is all that should matter to us.   In the longer term, there would have to be a substantial revolt in the ranks of  mid-sized clubs like Killie, M'Well, Dundee, Dundee U, Inverness, Dunfermline, Falkirk etc (in addition to us & Thistle) over something to enable a real mood for change  to take root.  We saw what happened to the resolution to have an independent inquiry - only 30% support.  The wee clubs seem happy to feed at the shallow end of the TV/sponsor money trough, which only exists because of the bigot brothers.   

Having said all that, our only hope  of a grenade going off  under these weasels in the next couple of weeks is if the arbitration process uncovers something which breaches company law  ....... which would suit our case well, and cause huge embarrassment to the SPFL ...... which in turn might go some way to igniting that revolt.   

Spellczech

Status quo is a slow death for Scottish football. Got to get big changes - even the Huns at work accept that now (though for them it is about Celtic being the Establishment club now)

:D Hell hath no fury...

It makes you wonder what he's said and done in private to make her gunning for him so badly. I mean is it just gross incompetence or is that he's strung her along for the better part of 2 months knowing fine well reconstruction was a no-go?

It's a mess.

In thinking about Arbitration, I can accept that relegation could be deemed to be a reasonable act in the circumstances. But if the Resolution is deemed to have failed due to receipt of the Dundee vote, then it's a total mess.

Effectively then with barely days before the new season, the old season hasn't been completed.

A shambles which the SPFL through its Board would be totally responsible for. 

Edited by Mikey1874

David McCaig

All I really want from this is reinstatement and failing that compensation.

I would be delighted to see Doncaster removed, but that shouldn’t be our primary motivation.

Reinstatement after bringing the whole corrupt shitshow out for what it is. We’re definitely up for that. Sadly I don’t think this will happen due to the fact they’ve too much to hide.

They’ll never want that fire though. I expect a delay to the season due to reconstruction. 

Tennant's  6's

Glad to hear it. 

We've come this far, we need to see it through !

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a mess.

In thinking about Arbitration, I can accept that relegation could be deemed to be a reasonable act in the circumstances. But if the Resolution is deemed to have failed due to receipt of the Dundee vote, then it's a total mess.

Effectively then with barely days before the new season, the old season hasn't been completed.

A shambles which the SPFL through its Board would be totally responsible for. 

I agree. I can’t see any positives in this for the SPFL no matter how it goes. Delay to season ? Major Comp ? Court ? Corruption exposed ? Member clubs losing money ? 
no matter the outcome it’s a mess for them and all clubs.

to think it could all of been avoided at the start it’s 100% incompetence and will have major consequences on clubs.

Hell mend them. They thought we would drop our shorts and bend over ? With over 8000 putting £130,000 a month into FOH ? Ann Budge was never taking it lying down and I’m proud of her and the clubs stance. Best support in the land backed fully

Lone Striker
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

:D Hell hath no fury...

It makes you wonder what he's said and done in private to make her gunning for him so badly. I mean is it just gross incompetence or is that he's strung her along for the better part of 2 months knowing fine well reconstruction was a no-go?

Ann has huge experience in various aspect of business and senior management - so she's probably comparing what she's seen of how the SPFL operate to her previous business experience, and is flabbergasted at the lack of leadership, competence  and creativity by a guy earning £400k at the SPFL.

chubby1973
10 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Shit or bust

No buts or ifs

This! **** them!!

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Ann has huge experience in various aspect of business and senior management - so she's probably comparing what she's seen of how the SPFL operate to her previous business experience, and is flabbergasted at the lack of leadership, competence  and creativity by a guy earning £400k at the SPFL.

Its all glaringly obvious. 

I mean, the immediate most obvious comparison is politics, Sturgeon, Johnson, hell even Trump all earn less than this guy.  But if you go into the business world, you can likely get a lot more for a lot less. Doncasters wages are grossly inflated for what he brings to Scottish football. He's effectively just an administrator, if thats all we want then those are a dime a dozen, and could no doubt get one for a quarter of what we're paying him. 

What are the bare bones of the role? Secure decent commercial incomes for the league. He fails every single time. No sponsor (AGAIN) and an improvement on the TV deal which may only be in line with inflation. The guy is a joke.