I used to post on here about liking Dundee Utd

Craigieboy

Tokyo Drifter

Yeah, United's beef should be with the SPFL as much as it's with us. If the SPFL beak had moved to dismiss rather than punt for a sist or arbitration then United wouldn't have had to have stumped up any lurce - and the fact that Lord Clark literally threw their move to dismiss out of court should tell them that Hearts have a decent case.

Also, nobody's denying their right to promotion. It's the demotion that's in question. Had reconstruction been entertained as a serious possibility you could have had the first without the second. They aren't irrevocably linked.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Morgan

• Nookie Bear

• Салатные палочки

On 05/07/2020 at 05:22, Morgan said:

One can like another Scottish club, without actually supporting them.  Yes, I know you didn’t use the word ‘support’!

I think I’m trying to say that there are some clubs that are sort of ok, and others who are despicable.

Absolutely.  For family reasons I like Partick and I'm delighted that it is they who are in the trenches with us.

Most other clubs are OK but 4 or 5 are despicable as you say and the Dundee clubs are well on their way to joining them.

As Robbie says: “it was a ‘no-brainer’ to leave Dundee United for Hearts. 

sums it up beautifully 

They've just appointed a new manager.

I read on the article that:

"Former England boss Steve McClaren ruled himself out for the role after talks with United, who were given permission to approach Scottish FA performance director Malky Mackay."

Since when was Steve McClaren interested in Dundee Utd? 🤣

Ronald Villiers

I had to laugh when I read their statement where they mention that Hearts and Partick's case 'would compromise the sporting integrity of the SPFL with clubs having been declared champions of their respective leagues being denied promotion'.  Sporting integrity went out the window when we were demoted with 8 fixtures remaining.

18 hours ago, JJ93 said:

They've just appointed a new manager.

I read on the article that:

"Former England boss Steve McClaren ruled himself out for the role after talks with United, who were given permission to approach Scottish FA performance director Malky Mackay."

Since when was Steve McClaren interested in Dundee Utd? 🤣

Bet Micky Mellon is delighted to find out before the ink's even dry that Utd haven't got a bolt and will no doubt try and cash in on their better players i.e Shankland who is the only one that might score goals for them in the SPL