I used to post on here about liking Dundee Utd

Craigieboy

Billybuffjaw
8 hours ago, My half sister said:

Dundee United were caught in the storm. They were skooshing their league and had the league been allowed to continue, would surely have won it, like Celtic and Cove. 

But because of the need to call the leagues, they accidentally became up against us in court along with the SPFL. It wasnt their fault, they certainly didnt decide to take US to court.

But because of the way we had to word our petition, they became involved along with the other 2.

They then had to defend themselves in court and that meant going head to head with us and having to side with the Spfl. Not their choice, just a victim of circumstances.

When they were asked to vote on reconstruction, they did what all the others did, apart from a few exceptions, they voted for their own self interest.

In the big scheme of things, they should not go down as the really bad guys, like their city rivals but more alongside the Killies, St Johnstone and Motherwells of this world. 

They have spent £3m to get up and looked like you would have achieved that naturally. I would rather have them in the premier league than Hamilton, St Johnstone or St Mirren.

Let's not waste our energy hating Dundee United, concentrate on Dundee, Ross County, Celtic, Ayr United, Raith Rovers, Aberdeen, Dunfermline Athletic and the the only club to vote in favour of a 150 grand deduction in their prize money.

Spot on.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Morgan

• Nookie Bear

• Салатные палочки

Randy Marsh
14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

How did they vote regarding reconstruction, or just generally?

They were a clear NO to reconstruction.  Worried about losing 1 home Old Firm match was the only reason.  A pathetic diddy club which along with their neighbours.  Hope both of them die. 

10 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

Can these be deleted or myself given a retrospective ban?

You liked Dundee Hibernian? Get out.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

They were a clear NO to reconstruction.  Worried about losing 1 home Old Firm match was the only reason.  A pathetic diddy club which along with their neighbours.  Hope both of them die. 

So...despite not being mathematically certain of promotion they are happy to grab that opportunity and, in the same breath, happily expel a club that was not mathematically certain of relegation?

They have our place, so **** ‘em. 

Dundee United and Raith Rovers (and Cove too if applicable) voting against reconstruction was vindictive. They were going to be promoted no matter what. By voting against they've helped put themselves in this position and have lost any sympathy they might have had.

10 hours ago, LeftBack said:

... Noone asked... Why the f Lincoln City?! 

I once worked with a guy born and bred in Liverpool.

For some strange reason he was a Lincoln City fanatic. Didnt have any connection with the place. Thought he was at the wind up til he showed me pictures of himself at their matches.

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

The money they will get on that 1 old firm game will cover their court case fees 😂

10 hours ago, My half sister said:

Dundee United were caught in the storm. They were skooshing their league and had the league been allowed to continue, would surely have won it, like Celtic and Cove. 

But because of the need to call the leagues, they accidentally became up against us in court along with the SPFL. It wasnt their fault, they certainly didnt decide to take US to court.

But because of the way we had to word our petition, they became involved along with the other 2.

They then had to defend themselves in court and that meant going head to head with us and having to side with the Spfl. Not their choice, just a victim of circumstances.

When they were asked to vote on reconstruction, they did what all the others did, apart from a few exceptions, they voted for their own self interest.

In the big scheme of things, they should not go down as the really bad guys, like their city rivals but more alongside the Killies, St Johnstone and Motherwells of this world. 

They have spent £3m to get up and looked like you would have achieved that naturally. I would rather have them in the premier league than Hamilton, St Johnstone or St Mirren.

Let's not waste our energy hating Dundee United, concentrate on Dundee, Ross County, Celtic, Ayr United, Raith Rovers, Aberdeen, Dunfermline Athletic and the the only club to vote in favour of a 150 grand deduction in their prize money.

agree with this 👍. They are on my list but way down there in it.  They should of voted for reconstruction but then everyone should have

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Sorry, some ***** got to hate them 😁

My hatred was reserved for only 3 teams, old firm and hubs. Added a few others recently though. To be fair, apart from hearts, the only teams I like are gala fairydean, caley thistle, Lincoln and wolves (used to watch them when I lived there as well).

I used to be surprised at how many people were sometimes at Lincoln games, probably due to the amount of RAF bases in the area. In the old forth division and sometimes getting 8 or 9 thousand.

I hope Dundee Hibs and that Blue Bile across the street are incinerated in a pit of flames. 

Dundee Hibs profited from our situation. They voted for the resolution, voted against reconstruction, then went baws deep up the SPFL's Jimmy Carter in Court. They are complicit. **** them and all that sail with them. 

I hope both teams are boycotted by our support and that no Hearts supporter lines the pockets of clubs whose actions have cost our club vast sums of money. 

No Quarter should be given. 

Nookie Bear
29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I hope Dundee Hibs and that Blue Bile across the street are incinerated in a pit of flames. 

Dundee Hibs profited from our situation. They voted for the resolution, voted against reconstruction, then went baws deep up the SPFL's Jimmy Carter in Court. They are complicit. **** them and all that sail with them. 

I hope both teams are boycotted by our support and that no Hearts supporter lines the pockets of clubs whose actions have cost our club vast sums of money. 

Spot on. 

Disappointed, but not surprised, to see people already softening their stance against clubs that happily voted to expel us. 

Fort Vallance

Unfortunately I've got to live relatively close to them. They are without doubt the biggest set of moaning whingers in all four leagues. And when that includes the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs that's really saying something. Arseholes, to a man (and woman).

12 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I used to not mind the team but I have recently developed a strong hatred of them and their fans. Between them and spoon burners the whole situation has been insufferable. They have developed some sort of weird friendship throughout this, obsessing over Hearts.

As a hun work colleague said to me; "no one hates a shite team". I believe that to be true. They are wallowing in this right now knowing we can't do anything about it. But I have the greatest confidence in us getting our shit together and handing them their arses on a plate pretty soon. 

Think we all hated Rangers when they were shite, mediocre, and good.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Good post👍

9 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Dundee United stated they would not support any form of reconstruction at any time .

As they wanted as much money playing the uglies as possible. 

While they got 2nd prize behind celtic from the crooked resolution 

Think that's a big part why they are getting pelters more than some other selfish clubs .

:spoton:

Hate Celtic, Rangers-2012, Hibs, Falkirk (who seem to think they are a rival of Hearts!??), Dundee, St Mirren, Aberdeen and most recently St Johnstone. Tommy Wright being a disrespectful arse one reason and bending over for the old firm boaby the other. In the 80s Dundee Utd were a top team and as a Hearts fan, feared a defeat playing against them more than the old firm. Younger fans may find that hard to believe but they were a regular European team then. Aberdeen also. Hibs were and still should be, a team that is just happy to be in the Premier League as most of the 80s they thought avoiding relegation each season was a success.

The simplest way to solve the situation was to change it to a 14 team league, even temporarily until we see what happens with covid-19 and then no-one, Dundee Utd included, would be losing out.

Dundee Utd have been unlucky to be pulled into this relegation/promotion shite, and i'd say to any of their fans and even the media, it's not Hearts they all should be angry with, it's the complete incompetence of the SPFL and their Celtic love-in they should be angry with. If they bend over for the SPFL and the GFA then if their fingers get burnt, it's down to them, not HMFC.

Edited by jambonian

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Simply the circumstances. Could easy have been any other. 

You need to appreciate it from their angle. 

This is all on the board and their puppet masters 

Bull's-eye

Never had an issue hating everyone with equal disdain. 

Makes it simple, which i need 😃

henryheart

I've only been the subject of so called football violence once in more than 50 years. A Dundee United supporter, less than half my age, hit me on the head from behind and ran away. I'd been walking along the street minding my own business. For that reason alone I cannot stand them and I would be happy to see them wiped from the earth. 

Guest ToqueJambo

I used to have a soft spot for D Utd as well because of their European exploits and, out of the bigger clubs, the fact they've never really been a competitor of ours in the way Aberdeen and Hibs are has made that easy.

They've acted like complete ***** over this though. I mean, fine vote yourself a title but then at least vote for reconstruction to help the clubs who took ALL the financial fallout from that vote. Absolute ***** and very possibly heading for serious financial trouble whatever happens.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Simply the circumstances. Could easy have been any other. 

You need to appreciate it from their angle. 

This is all on the board and their puppet masters 

Not true. They had the opportunity to do the right thing in the reconstruction vote at zero cost to themselves, as did Raith who have been even bigger *****. At least there's a strong case for saying D Utd and Cove would not have been caught. Raith on the other hand...

Edited by ToqueJambo

9 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Hate lists should be a regular feature on here. Dundee United dint bother me too much  they’re just a bit stupid. Celtic, Rangers, hibs and st mirren in that order. 

Same four teams for me, but a different order.

Celtic

Hibs

St Mirren

Rangers

28 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Same four teams for me, but a different order.

Celtic

Hibs

St Mirren

Rangers

Kindred spirits Morgan 👍

Celtic

Hibs

Dundee Hibs

Dundee

Aberdeen

St Midden

Hamilton

Ayr Utd

Raith

Ross County

Hope Rangers win the League next season. So they are off the list of hate, for now. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not true. They had the opportunity to do the right thing in the reconstruction vote at zero cost to themselves, as did Raith who have been even bigger *****. At least there's a strong case for saying D Utd and Cove would not have been caught. Raith on the other hand...

Everyone votes for themselves. 

Bar Caley 

Neil Dongcaster

Can’t get my head around people who like more than one Scottish club. Weird behaviour.

Hearts are the sleeping giants of Scottish football. We have ****ed about for too long, hopefully we screw the nut and start to grow in success and stature.

For us to be where we are today it’s quite frankly pathetic.

12 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Can’t get my head around people who like more than one Scottish club. Weird behaviour.

Hearts are the sleeping giants of Scottish football. We have ****ed about for too long, hopefully we screw the nut and start to grow in success and stature.

For us to be where we are today it’s quite frankly pathetic.

One can like another Scottish club, without actually supporting them.  Yes, I know you didn’t use the word ‘support’!

I think I’m trying to say that there are some clubs that are sort of ok, and others who are despicable.

Guest ToqueJambo
58 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Everyone votes for themselves. 

Bar Caley 

My point is they really had nothing to lose from voting for reconstruction and a lot to lose by seeing this go to court. It was in their interest to vote for reconstruction. The opposition to reconstruction baffles me, especially as the SPFL said they supported it so you'd assume they pointed out the potential worst case scenario to clubs like D Utd and Raith....

Edited by ToqueJambo

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

My point is they really had nothing to lose from voting for reconstruction and a lot to lose by seeing this go to court. It was in their interest to vote for reconstruction. The opposition to reconstruction baffles me, especially as the SPFL said they supported it so you'd assume they pointed out the potential worst case scenario to clubs like D Utd and Raith....

They also had a lot to lose if we took legal action, something we made very clear was going to happen. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They also had a lot to lose if we took legal action, something we made very clear was going to happen. 

I know. I really don't get it. Either the SPFL didn't full explain how bad things could be if this goes to court or clubs didn't listen. I think a lot of people, including in the SPFL and clubs, just expected Budge to fold.

Neil Dongcaster
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

One can like another Scottish club, without actually supporting them.  Yes, I know you didn’t use the word ‘support’!

I didn’t say they couldn’t. Just that I didn’t understand it.

7 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I didn’t say they couldn’t. Just that I didn’t understand it.

So you did, fair enough.  👍

Greedy Jambo

Nut, you can't like another Scottish Club, you can't like any other club, I don't even like an English club. GTF. 

8 hours ago, stuart500 said:

I once worked with a guy born and bred in Liverpool.

For some strange reason he was a Lincoln City fanatic. Didnt have any connection with the place. Thought he was at the wind up til he showed me pictures of himself at their matches.

Fair enough! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think there's a point to this that we as Hearts fans are all missing .

We have been slaves to this for months,  other clubs simply have not paid as much attention or saw what the fuss was about,  because they didn't think it would affect them. 

Even today,  the QC on BBC has had to spell it out.

I'm putting a lot of the problem down to ignorance rather than malice. 

Ross County are a main exception. 

I perfectly understand why United and Cove would be pissed,  Raith barefaced cheek.

No relegation 2 up, it was so easy,  but most never saw this situation as a reality,  they thought we were skint

Greedy Jambo
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think there's a point to this that we as Hearts fans are all missing .

We have been slaves to this for months,  other clubs simply have not paid as much attention or saw what the fuss was about,  because they didn't think it would affect them. 

Even today,  the QC on BBC has had to spell it out.

I'm putting a lot of the problem down to ignorance rather than malice. 

Ross County are a main exception. 

I perfectly understand why United and Cove would be pissed,  Raith barefaced cheek.

No relegation 2 up, it was so easy,  but most never saw this situation as a reality,  they thought we were skint

Spot on, but you have ignored the issue of supporting another club, which is absolute sacrilege in my eyes. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Spot on, but you have ignored the issue of supporting another club, which is absolute sacrilege in my eyes. 

Duty of care you mean?

Not sure that has ever existed,  but will surely help us in arbitration,  particularly as Clark seemed to be acknowledging efforts had been made to find solutions 

17 hours ago, My half sister said:

**** THEM ALL I SAY

12 minutes ago, andi17 said:

**** THEM ALL I SAY

Me too, Andi.

You never let me know about ‘Pontoon eyes’ by the way!  :) 

14 hours ago, Morgan said:

Me too, Andi.

You never let me know about ‘Pontoon eyes’ by the way!  :) 

I don't know his name he was just pontoon eyes lol

Peakybunnet

Like? I now  live  in Dundee and have for 6 years. 

I can confirm.most Dundee fans are w#nkers and all Dundee Utd fans are bigger w#nkers. 

Edited by Peakybunnet

1 hour ago, Peakybunnet said:

I can confirm.most Dundee fans are w#nkers and all Dundee Utd fans are bigger w#nkers. 

My heart felt sympathies. 

5 hours ago, andi17 said:

I don't know his name he was just pontoon eyes lol

He sat at the bar, everyday.  Right?

Looked like Suggs from Madness?

Think his name was Murray.  🤷🏿‍♂️

Greedy Jambo

Just noticed that the guy that used to support Dundee Utd is called Craigyboy 🤣

Just need spoleto to start a thread saying that he used to like Raith Rovers. 

Restonbabe
On 04/07/2020 at 12:20, Cruyff said:

This. And every club who wanted us, partick and Stranraer shafted. Wee nod to the Highland and lowland clubs also. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Rather than one or both going bust I'd like their American owners to panic-merge them, and call the new club Dundee Utd and give them a blue strip. Seems fair. I'm sure the whole town will get behind that. 

Tokyo Drifter

I've  always quite like United, still do.

One thing I can't understand is why they bothered to jump on the SPFL's coat tails in the legal dispute. Should have saved their money because them and the SPFL were basically arguing the same thing - that the league should stay "called" and Hearts stay "relegated". Frankly if they're financial trouble as a result it's their own stupid fault.

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I've  always quite like United, still do.

One thing I can't understand is why they bothered to jump on the SPFL's coat tails in the legal dispute. Should have saved their money because them and the SPFL were basically arguing the same thing - that the league should stay "called" and Hearts stay "relegated". Frankly if they're financial trouble as a result it's their own stupid fault.

SPFL's doing, I'm certain.

Asking for crowdfunding to cut the cost to Celtic who probably promised to pay their costs.

If Celtic want to keep their ^title, let them pay for it.

Edited by colinmaroon