Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

6 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Just done a quick Google, he said he's been compared to him in the past. He also comments about how he sees similarities and takes things from Dele Alli's gane to try improve. 

Is that not the answer you were expecting? 

So he didn’t compare himself to Dele Alli on any grounds other than where he likes to play and the role that would be in a team?

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Won’t be anywhere near that imo. Be lucky to get 200k. 

If that transpires it would be up there with the Bjorn Johnsen and Isma Goncalves sales in terms of Hearts getting the knickers ripped clean off of them, and the support nodding along like brainless idiots. 🙄

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

So he didn’t compare himself to Dele Alli on any grounds other than where he likes to play and the role that would be in a team?

He compared himself to Dele Alli in that sense - I never said anything otherwise. I'm not really sure what you're point is? 

Did he compare himself to Dele Alli in style? Yes

Did I say he said he was as good a Dele Alli? No

You still haven't answered my previous questions - where would you play him in the team? Would he get a game for Aberdeen or Hibs? 

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

If that transpires it would be up there with the Bjorn Johnsen and Isma Goncalves sales in terms of Hearts getting the knickers ripped clean off of them, and the support nodding along like brainless idiots. 🙄

He’s worth more for sure. Bags of potential. If he wants to go then it’s going to be tricky to keep hold of him. Hope we get more but think we will take what we can before he leaves for free. 

Hectormasson
11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

£500,000 should be about Clare's price range. If we get that, good business. 

I'd accept 300k....

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Season long loan to KV Oostende .....

Still only 21, hope he goes onto big things.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53655999

Good move for him for the experience and to further his career as a defender/defensive player.  He was a marvel in the DM role for as long as he was available here.  Will miss that, all the best to him.  I think the club should keep an eye on him but I think he will go onto bigger things.

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Drives me mad that people almost deliberately choose to misread a players comments so they can use it to unfairly knock the player for the rest of their time.

21 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Players like Clare and Hickey only have 9 more league games until they're free to speak to other clubs in January.

At most/ best!

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Drives me mad that people almost deliberately choose to misread a players comments so they can use it to unfairly knock the player for the rest of their time.

Drives me mad that posters almost deliberately choose to misread posts. 

Can you point out what I said was wrong? 

Nobody has said he thinks he's as good as him. 

Edited by Ari Gold

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

I'd accept 300k....

I would accept anything above £200,000 to be honest. If we get £100,000 for a first team regular then we've been had 

Edited by rudi must stay

Kenneth Dubeke

Who knows what the transfer market is going to look like in view of prevailing circumstances. Clearly we have nothing that we couldn't do without  

Scottish football hasn't performed well in selling players into English market, Celtic aside

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

What have I misread? He compared himself to Dele Alli in terms of position. That's a comparison. 

did i say you?

But there has been comments on here and other places about him thinking he is as good as Dele Alli.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

did i say you?

But there has been comments on here and other places about him thinking he is as good as Dele Alli.

No you didn't say anyone. But the quote you replied suggested it may well have been me. 

ford donald
44 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Players like Clare and Hickey only have 9 more league games until they're free to speak to other clubs in January.

sell them...

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

No you didn't say anyone. But the quote you replied suggested it may well have been me. 

sorry, did not intend you think it was yourself. More a general point in relation to what doofey said.

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

sorry, did not intend you think it was yourself. More a general point in relation to what doofey said.

👍

rudi must stay
29 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

1 krone is about 12p..........too cheap!

Maybe K stands for Kopperberg. Not a bad deal

Said from the start that Clare was going to be a star for us and he eventually showed I was correct. Pity some are blind 

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Said from the start that Clare was going to be a star for us and he eventually showed I was correct. Pity some are blind 

"a star".... Please. 

baxterd1974
19 minutes ago, XB52 said:

"Star" - you are easily pleased.  Hartley, Cameron, Robbo, Skacel etc.  They are stars, Clare was above average for around 10 games of his entire Hearts career.

Leveins Battalion
22 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Wind up.

1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

Drives me mad that posters almost deliberately choose to misread posts. 

Can you point out what I said was wrong? 

The bit about people saying he was Messi? 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Good move for him for the experience and to further his career as a defender/defensive player.  He was a marvel in the DM role for as long as he was available here.  Will miss that, all the best to him.  I think the club should keep an eye on him but I think he will go onto bigger things.

A marvel...really ?......less than 2 matches and he was a marvel......standards are slipping at the club if he is deemed a marvel

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Thought about 250k for clare and probably similar for Washington

Washington is a current internationalist. Different class/category to Clare. Should expect at least 500k for him. Where do clubs buy current internationalists for less than that these days? 

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

I have been underwhelmed on the basis of what I expect from someone who plays for Hearts. Nothing to do with what Levein said. I'm actually pretty sure it was Clare himself that made the Dele Alli comparison. 

I'm not angry at him. I just don't feel he's shown enough during his time here. 

I don't think he'd be in the starting eleven so getting a transfer fee for a squad player is probably the best thing to do. 

He’s been quoted as saying that some likened him to Delle Alli which hasn’t helped and joked it’s because they looked a little similar so unless he was talking in the 3rd person he didn’t say it himself I don’t think. Has said it’s a similar position or something.

His debut was that horrible semi-final against Celtic when Naismith went off injured and we we had just started that dreadful run which technically is still going. So to be underwhelmed by Clare you’d have to be underwhelmed by all the other players that contributed to the poor performances. Personally for me he wasn’t a standout most weeks, but was rarely if at all the worst on the park (despite what some might say) so in the context of the Hearts expectations overall then yes I could see why you’d be underwhelmed - but you should be underwhelmed by the team as a whole. In the context of the team since he’s been in it comparing to his teammates? I’m not underwhelmed in the slightest.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Stupid Sexy Flanders
9 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Hickey off to Bayern it seems.

1D2DC64C-F203-45CB-A74F-00CEAB327617.jpeg

Wonder if they'd still be happy to loan him back to us in the Championship?

2 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Wonder if they'd still be happy to loan him back to us in the Championship?

He will play for Bayern II in the German third tier id imagine that way he is playing their system and can be monitored 

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I don;t think generally speaking many posters on here do tout for us to sign specific players. They just make a comment about a player that might be available or those that they think could help.

I also doubt that any of the posters on here know how mcuh a player would command in wages either from their current team or with us if we happened to sign them.

Making a comment does not mean anyone is touting Al. What I did with my last post to you was just give you a taste of the usual stuff you come out with and judging by your reply it is not something you particularly like.

Unfortunately we still have some of our former DOF and Managers signings at the club but I am sure as we debate on here Robbie is reviewing their worth or otherwise.

As the late Denis Healey said of Geoffrey Howe, it's like being savaged by a dead sheep.

If I had any influence over Aaron I'd urge him to go to Germany. Whether it was Bayern or another top Bundesliga club, it would be the best chance for the lad to progress in the right way. 

I'd hate it if he went for the easy option of Celtic and Scotland's Mickey Mouse league. Not out of hatred of Celtic (I do hate them, and Rangers, but that's irrelevant), it's just the thought of him missing such a wonderful opportunity to improve himself and reach his full potential. 

He won't do that staying in this fecking backward footballing nation. 

Edited by martoon

46 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The bit about people saying he was Messi? 🤷‍♂️

I said like Messi as to playing to that level. It was a throw away comment which you've now mentioned 3 times. Didn't realise it'd be that big a deal. 

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

If I had any influence over Aaron I'd urge him to go to Germany. Whether it was Bayern or another top Bundesliga club, it would be the best chance for the lad to progress in the right way. 

I'd hate it if he went for the easy option of Celtic and Scotland's Mickey Mouse league. Not out of hatred of Celtic (I do hate them, and Rangers, but that's irrelevant), it's just the thought of him missing such a wonderful opportunity to improve himself and reach his full potential. 

He won't do that staying in this fecking backward footballing nation. 

100% this. The opportunity would be good to turn down. They have the whole set up much better over there than in Scotland. If he does go best of luck to the lad as he has huge potential 

36 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He’s been quoted as saying that some likened him to Delle Alli which hasn’t helped and joked it’s because they looked a little similar so unless he was talking in the 3rd person he didn’t say it himself I don’t think. Has said it’s a similar position or something.

His debut was that horrible semi-final against Celtic when Naismith went off injured and we we had just started that dreadful run which technically is still going. So to be underwhelmed by Clare you’d have to be underwhelmed by all the other players that contributed to the poor performances. Personally for me he wasn’t a standout most weeks, but was rarely if at all the worst on the park (despite what some might say) so in the context of the Hearts expectations overall then yes I could see why you’d be underwhelmed - but you should be underwhelmed by the team as a whole. In the context of the team since he’s been in it comparing to his teammates? I’m not underwhelmed in the slightest.

I have been underwhelmed by hearts for 3 years more or less. 

For the record Clare isn't terrible but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he was sold. I'd rather sell him than lose him for free. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He was 16.5 years old in January 19 and couldn’t even get a first pick for Scotland u17’s. Why would Levein play him in first team?  

Because he was the best LB at the club, according to the coaches who know better than you. Even after Garruccio was injured he tried everyone else there before giving Hickey a chance which he grabbed with both hands.

Niemi’s gloves
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Because he was the best LB at the club, according to the coaches who know better than you. Even after Garruccio was injured he tried everyone else there before giving Hickey a chance which he grabbed with both hands.

Did they think Hickey was the “best” or the one with most footballing ability but lacking in experience. In an event, no one can accuse Levein of being unaware of young players: he watched the reserve and youth teams a lot more than most first team managers do. Perhaps he just didn’t want to push him in too soon or perhaps he was hoping to get him tied down to a longer term contract before he alerted the world.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Jumper said:

I get where you're coming from though I guess the balance needs to found between offloading and retaining enough 'premiership' experience in the team? We'll certainly win this league if it is played out but in the current money circumstances I would hope the last thing the club does is splash out too much to get players who can compete in the premiership. For me it's a tricky decision to make when you take into account making necessary cuts and preparing for the premiership again.

Part of the problem last season was too many players and not even balanced. 

Great opportunity to offload and make back valuable revenues should not be squandered. 

Next summer we need space available to get the upgrades 

9 minutes ago, Chaps said:

500k for Clare :lol:This place is mental.

We’ll do well to even get 100k for him. 

Thankfully he’s worth a lot more than that to us as a player, so if you are right, then he’s going nowhere this season.

thehibsareintheirbeds
2 minutes ago, bazman said:

According to evening news Clare has agreed terms with oxford

So much potential and as much as I'm a fan not sure he's particularly suited to Scottish game. Just hope moneys good and we have sell on.

Guest ToqueJambo

Really hope we keep Clare. He'll be very good in the Championship and it could help him push on, but may be one with a clause that allows him to speak to clubs if relegated? 

Clare is away according to evening news, was not bad towards the end, couple good games at RB... nothing more can be replaced. great penalty taker though

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Karl Robinson was going to sign Clare before he chose us.

Will please many. Not fussed either way.

Kind of where I'm at.  He showed flashes, but...

Now we see what Neilson builds.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Gary Locke said:

Clare is away according to evening news, was not bad towards the end, couple good games at RB... nothing more can be replaced. great penalty taker though

between Walker, Boyce and Naismith, or even Halkett, we should be able to find a penalty taker, not that we'll get any....