Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We really should have enough to get up without any problems, if Neilson wants to sell him and get two others to play in the way he wants to it will happen regardless of what any of us thinks. I think we should wait to see who we sign before questioning their ability.

All fair enough. I will be very impressed indeed however, if Neilson somehow manages to sell our truncated Championship season to one good attacking player, never mind two. Maybe the carrot of a cup final, and a chance of silverware, but I have serious reservations unfortunately. Especially with wingers, notoriously hard to find good ones at the best of times. :( 

3 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

Rumours up here is Dundee is that Kane Hemmings has left Dundee...

Played 62 games scored 31...

Kane Hemmings has quit Dundee by mutual consent after making a U-turn on his future.

The 29-year-old was initially the only member of the Dee squad who failed to agree a wage cut last month amid the financial pressures of the Covid-19 crisis.

However, Hemmings, whose contract ran until 2022, later indicated that he would be willing take a temporary salary reduction, sparking hopes that he could still have a part to play in Dundee’s promotion push next season.

But club chiefs were left stunned 48 hours later when the player – currently on holiday in Ibiza – informed them that he had changed his mind and requested his release for personal reasons.

His departure will be confirmed imminently, with Dens Park boss James McPake already eyeing potential replacements for the ex-Rangers and Cowdenbeath star.

He is likely to return to English football where he has previously turned out for Oxford United, Notts County, Barnsley and Mansfield.

Burton Albion, who have already raided the SPFL to sign Steven Lawless from Livingston, are known to be interested in Hemmings and recently had a loan bid for the hitman kicked out by Dundee.

Hemmings only returned to Tayside last summer and scored 10 goals in 26 outings during his second spell with the Dee, having previously found the net 28 times for the club in the 2015/16 campaign.

Edited by Newton51

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We really should have enough to get up without any problems, if Neilson wants to sell him and get two others to play in the way he wants to it will happen regardless of what any of us thinks. I think we should wait to see who we sign before questioning their ability.

I agree. If Neilson wants to change the team around a bit he’ll need to get rid of more than just players that no-one rates. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

All fair enough. I will be very impressed indeed however, if Neilson somehow manages to sell our truncated Championship season to one good attacking player, never mind two. Maybe the carrot of a cup final, and a chance of silverware, but I have serious reservations unfortunately. Especially with wingers, notoriously hard to find good ones at the best of times. :( 

Agreed, we are still a big draw and pay well as the signing of Gordon shows. A decent loan signing might be better than actually signing someone. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree. If Neilson wants to change the team around a bit he’ll need to get rid of more than just players that no-one rates. 

Indeed but it’s not that easy at any time but now players will be less likely to cancel their contract. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Hemmings has quit Dundee.

He would do well for us but we would need to get rid of Washington and Uche to fit him in. 

Kenneth Dubeke
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s where I envisage Naismith or Walker playing, he’s said he wants two wingers in, the quality of which might be ok as there’s tons of out of contract players. Clare has never had a run at 10 which is a shame. If we don’t sell him now and he leaves for nothing next summer the club will be criticised. I think certain players will need to be sold, it’s rarely the guys you’re happy to see leave.

Not many in that squad who'd command a fee. Clare is one who probably would along with Hickey and Washington.  Given the anticipated hole in our income, I'd imagine we may need to generate transfer income 

Clare did noticeably improve under Stendel.  He was often very poor prior to that. No amount of revisionism can change that 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed, we are still a big draw and pay well as the signing of Gordon shows. A decent loan signing might be better than actually signing someone. 

Suspect offering players high basic salaries to get them to choose us, over other clubs may be partly to do with how shite we were last season. Probably is about as good a season as there ever will be to bring in a good player though. Less chance of being lumbered with Championship quality players two years after being promoted. 😬

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Hemmings has a decent scoring rate throughout his career. Wouldn't object to seeing him paired with Boyce tbh. Suspect he will head down south again.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed but it’s not that easy at any time but now players will be less likely to cancel their contract. 

Very true. 

4 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Not many in that squad who'd command a fee. Clare is one who probably would along with Hickey and Washington.  Given the anticipated hole in our income, I'd imagine we may need to generate transfer income 

Clare did noticeably improve under Stendel.  He was often very poor prior to that. No amount of revisionism can change that 

Clare improved before Stendel came in. He improved massively when he started visiting a psychologist. Your post is the one full of revisionism.

18Jambo_dave74

I'm still not sure what Clare's best position is - he actually reminds me quite a bit of Paterson. If i was pushed I would say probably he'd be best suited as a wing back or wide midfield. He really started to flourish under Stendel however I don't think he's quite suited to play full back. I would rather see him further up the pitch. 

As has been pointed out, he is out of contract at the end of the season so I suppose a lot depends on whether he intends to stay or not. Of course if we get offered a good price for him then perhaps its worth accepting although I think that applies to most of the squad. 

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

Kenneth Dubeke
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Clare improves before Stendel came in. He improved massively when he started visiting a psychologist. Your post is the one full of revisionism.

I don't recall Clare performing particularly well whilst Levein was manager 

BackOfTheNet
16 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Really showed his heart of a mouse when he buried that penalty at Easter Road. 

Just absolute pish that simply isnt true. 

Precisely. (Although I’m sure they’ll say they referred to it was “too little too late” when that too is utter nonsense)

BackOfTheNet
16 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Really want Sean Claire to stay, makes it much easier to spot folk on here and at games that have never played football at any level whatsoever and have 'learned' about football from watching the EPL on Sky Sports

This!

Tennant's  6's
11 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Hemmings has quit Dundee.

Would be a good signing,  scores goals for fun at this level. 

Although, i guess it depends if Washington, Uche , Wighton move on

6 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

I don't recall Clare performing particularly well whilst Levein was manager 

No? A fair few supporters probably didn’t, to be fair. Although unlike yourself, I’m sure; for many of them it was because they were just so used to screaming abuse at the guy each week. He improved when he started addressing his mental health issues, before Stendel came in.

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Precisely. (Although I’m sure they’ll say they referred to it was “too little too late” when that too is utter nonsense)

Or my personal favourite: “it wasn’t a good penalty at all, it was just lucky the keeper dived the wrong way.”

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Wash and Clare talking to teams

Would genuinely not bat an eyelid if either left.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Should get a bit of cash for both.

BackOfTheNet

Or my personal favourite: “it wasn’t a good penalty t all, it was just lucky the keeper dived the wrong way.”

Haha! No one of course is saying he’s a superstar but the criticism of him was so unjust and out of keeping with reality it’s ludicrous. People just being stubborn they were wrong a about a player when they dismiss him.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Haha! No one of course is saying he’s a superstar but the criticism of him was so unjust and out of keeping with reality it’s ludicrous. People just being stubborn they were wrong a about a player when they dismiss him.

Totally agree. Don’t know if it was you who said it earlier, and Cant be bothered scrolling back to check. Whomever it was however was spot on; Poundland Peps in the boozer perpetuating ignorance, that soon becomes enshrined as fact.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Suspect offering players high basic salaries to get them to choose us, over other clubs may be partly to do with how shite we were last season. Probably is about as good a season as there ever will be to bring in a good player though. Less chance of being lumbered with Championship quality players two years after being promoted. 😬

Yes that’s not a wage structure that works in football unfortunately, it should never have been implemented. I think in today’s world two years should be the maximum with a years option. To me Neilsons biggest jobs are to get the squad fit whilst working on the losing mentality. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Although we play a lot fewer league games I think a 6 month loan could be a winner (to cover LC games also).  If they turn out decent, we try to extend: if they are not up to what we need, then we send them back.  A possible problem is that I cannot see the likes of Arsenal, Man City etc giving us promising players to help their development in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

9 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Wash and Clare talking to teams

Can see both going

Washington looked good until his injury and great goal in the last Derby. Slightly unlucky as could have been a good signing

Kenneth Dubeke

No? A fair few supporters probably didn’t, to be fair. Although unlike yourself, I’m sure; for many of them it was because they were just so used to screaming abuse at the guy each week. He improved when he started addressing his mental health issues, before Stendel came in.

Or my personal favourite: “it wasn’t a good penalty t all, it was just lucky the keeper dived the wrong way.”

I certainly didn't scream abuse at the guy. You seem to want someone to bite on that insinuation based on a few comments you've made 

I saw a player that Levein failed to properly utilise. Stendel was able to get far more from Clare in 15 games than Levein did in previous 13 months. We also need to keep in mind we're talking about a member of a squad that was woeful for 18 months. There weren't many good individual (Hickey apart) and collective performances in that period. Unless of course people have set their bar of acceptability rather low 

3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Should get a bit of cash for both.

What do we spend it on though? I just can’t see how we can convince good players to join us for a truncated Championship season that doesn’t kick off until the clocks go back. 

Hectormasson
6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Exactly , there must be the equivalent or better for hearts out there ?       Its a new beginning at tynecastle,   and changes will be made sooner or later....🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Kenneth Dubeke

What do we spend it on though? I just can’t see how we can convince good players to join us for a truncated Championship season that doesn’t kick off until the clocks go back. 

We have a projected £4/5M hole in our income 

1 minute ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

I certainly didn't scream abuse at the guy. You seem to want someone to bite on that insinuation based on a few comments you've made 

I saw a player that Levein failed to properly utilise. Stendel was able to get far more from Clare in 15 games than Levein did in previous 13 months. We also need to keep in mind we're talking about a member of a squad that was woeful for 18 months. There weren't many good individual (Hickey apart) and collective performances in that period. Unless of course people have set their bar of acceptability rather low 

Clare had more good individual performances than Hickey, albeit playing far more games. Honestly don’t know how folk can’t remember Clare’s good performances for us. For quite a few games, he was about the only one who looked likely to score or set up a chance. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Exactly , there must be the equivalent or better for hearts out there ?       Its a new beginning at tynecastle,   and changes will be made sooner or later....🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

It's not like we are breaking up a cup winning team,this is a group who had us at the bottom of a shit SPL,happy if Neilson feels it right to rip it up and start again.

1 minute ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

We have a projected £4/5M hole in our income 

It’ll be a lot more than that if we don’t bounce straight back up. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Absolutely but if someone is interested a nominal fee or cancelling the contract might be the way to make space in the squad. Clare really needs coached and cajoled, there’s quality there but needs to do it more consistently. He was moved from pillar to post during a number of games when someone else was injured, usually when we was doing well. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Although we play a lot fewer league games I think a 6 month loan could be a winner (to cover LC games also).  If they turn out decent, we try to extend: if they are not up to what we need, then we send them back.  A possible problem is that I cannot see the likes of Arsenal, Man City etc giving us promising players to help their development in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

You never know, Championship sides might have guys good enough to do well up here. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You should stop butting in unnecessarily like a nosey old woman.

There is everything wrong with putting forward suggestions names that could be unrealistic and unaffordable.  We need to live within our means so we don't have a repeat of admin.  If you don't agree, I'll put forward the names of Messi, Ronaldo and Eduardo.

I shall continue to call out unrealistic suggestions and if it bores you, you'll understand how people got brassed off with your constant, unrelenting anti hero crap blah, blah, blah.

PS - You can also put me on ignore.

Tell you what then - give us one suggestion of a realistic player you would sign.

Kenneth Dubeke

Clare had more good individual performances than Hickey, albeit playing far more games. Honestly don’t know how folk can’t remember Clare’s good performances for us. For quite a few games, he was about the only one who looked likely to score or set up a chance. 

That is your opinion. When I stood and watched Hickey in the final against Celtic I realised we had a real player on our hands 

Economic reality will probably mean we sell both Clare and Hickey. England is probably a market where we can achieve a few quid for Washington too 

That's where we are. Two very costly years of poor decision making and mismanagement 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I don’t think we spend it in our situation, Neilson is unlikely to see the cash from Hickeys sale for instance. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely but if someone is interested a nominal fee or cancelling the contract might be the way to make space in the squad. Clare really needs coached and cajoled, there’s quality there but needs to do it more consistently. He was moved from pillar to post during a number of games when someone else was injured, usually when we was doing well. 

The curse of the athletic player with good technical ability. Some do well from it, whilst others become stunted. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think we spend it in our situation, Neilson is unlikely to see the cash from Hickeys sale for instance. 

Which would worry me even more. I understand the financial realities of relegation, but the balance needs to be struck between cutting costs and cutting quality.

Kenneth Dubeke
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Absolutely right. But we won't need to spend a penny to get promoted. If we cant get promoted with what we've got we might as well pack it all in 

We'll struggle to get Hickey, Clare and Washington to renew their contracts.  Therefore its surely cash in time. A bigger concern is that Naismith is 35, Gordon 38 and Berra 36 this time next year

Pasquale for King

The curse of the athletic player with good technical ability. Some do well from it, whilst others become stunted. 

He never moaned, felt sorry for him as he once again had to move from a position he was starting to do well in. I don’t doubt his quality it’s just we will need to lose players and it’s the better ones that will raise much needed cash. 

3fingersreid
6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Don’t say that or even think it 🙁

I’d rather Sean Clare stayed (and Washington )however if we were to receive a fair fee then it may be time to go separate ways .

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Tell you what then - give us one suggestion of a realistic player you would sign.

I'm not the one who's spouting off.

Having said that, there are suggestions that look to be beneficial and affordable eg Hemmings, as he is free and I imagine we'd be able to match his Dundee wage.

4 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

That is your opinion. When I stood and watched Hickey in the final against Celtic I realised we had a real player on our hands 

Economic reality will probably mean we sell both Clare and Hickey. England is probably a market where we can achieve a few quid for Washington too 

That's where we are. Two very costly years of poor decision making and mismanagement 

Clare played more more games, and had more good performances. Big fan of Hickey however, and I suspect he will go on to have a fantastic career for himself. Would hate that to be at Celtic however. I realised we had a player on our hands when after an early struggle he came back and absolutely dominated that wee Dembele wunderkid at Celtic. The boy is pure class.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Which would worry me even more. I understand the financial realities of relegation, but the balance needs to be struck between cutting costs and cutting quality.

Definitely but as we have 30 players with first team experience we will need to thin it out to give the youngsters a bit of a chance whilst winning the league. If Neilson didn’t realise what a big job he had on his hands he does now, last time was a walk in the park compared to this.