Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The SPFL Championship is full of teams who were utter keech before C19. They generally have players on one year deals and rerecruit each pre-season depending on their position. Many of those teams have taken big financial hits and are struggling to reach even their normal meagre numbers of season tickets. Many of the clubs were part time before the pandemic. 

HMFC have a good squad of players with people like Haring, Naismith, Boyce and Craig Gordon. We have a manager who has skooshed the division twice with two different teams, and more season tickets than the rest of the division combined.

I would expect us to pick up points in every match, personally. A few on here seem to think posties and brickies with a bit of “motivation” and “determination” is all that is required to beat a team with vastly greater resources. If that were true, then we could have assembled top flight winning teams every few years. 

We should absolutely horse the division, and if we don’t, then it’s an abject failure to get the best out of the resources at our disposal.

Sound familiar. I don't believe it's gonna be a cakewalk. We've been underachieving since Robbie left last time. Hopefully that is finished with the departure of the architect

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Class of 75
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Sound familiar. I don't believe it's gonna be a cakewalk. We've been underachieving since Robbie left last time. Hopefully that is finished with the departure of the architect

Yep if he was still in charge we would be playing defensive football and treating these teams like Real Madrid. 

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

It should be a cakewalk, and if it isn’t, we are failing. That would need addressed. Neilson knows what is required to win the the Championship, and he has the player resources to do it.

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Lewis McLeod formally of Rangers looking to leave Wigan and come back up the road. Don’t know much about him just remember he was highly rated at one point. 

Could do a job?

Would be a great singing first us, I imagine he’s got plenty options in England. But if he’s looking to come back up the road who knows 

Why O'Donnell or Clare?  They are hardly like-for-like.

Presumably a money thing - you can have one but not both.  (Not clicking on the Record to find out...and it probably wouldn't say anyway).

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, AHS51 said:

Sort of agree with you but what I think will become apparent this season is that Dundee United team weren't actually as good as everyone thought and Neilson did well to get them up comfortably. That Dundee United team are a bottom 6 team IMO. Shankland was obviously the difference for them. Our squad is a top 6 side, so I do I have quite high expectations this season but I appreciate how difficult it is when every team you play raise their game.

We’ll see I guess. But for instance if we go into the first game and don’t win, people will be baying for blood. My point is we shouldn’t assume anything, particularly assume the season will be anything like 14/15.

1 minute ago, AndrewB said:

Why O'Donnell or Clare?  They are hardly like-for-like.

Presumably a money thing - you can have one but not both.  (Not clicking on the Record to find out...and it probably wouldn't say anyway).

Clare played his best football for us last season as a right back and that's probably what Oxford see in him 

11 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Would be surprised if we sold, Sean.

Rather we didn't tbh. 

Sell Clare for six figures? You start to wonder what the point is. 🙄

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Surely nobody would tolerate such a thing 

He backed Levein to the hilt, still does if you look at his posts. All about the injuries, even realises he’s the only one that believes that. Gave Levein time, wanted rid of Stendel after 18 games 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈🤪?!?!

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, bazman said:

Clare played his best football for us last season as a right back and that's probably what Oxford see in him 

You are right he did play his best football there,  however I genuinely don’t think He is a right back. To weak defensively, positionally he isn’t where he should be far to often though I conced that statement could apply to our entire back 4. I still think he could be a ten who drifts out wide with little to no defensive responsibility 

Gordon Ramsay
11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Sell Clare for six figures? You start to wonder what the point is. 🙄

The talent was clear to see as last season progressed. Been a critic myself in the past but he has all the attributes to be a really good player. 

I'm sure Robbie will want to keep him. 

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

But not as deluded as you or as disgruntled.

Good grief resorting to playground stuff now. My Dad's bigger than your Dad.

Grow up and just accept that not everyone is prepared to take your constant requirements for factual financial back-up for every payer suggestion.

There is nothing wrong with someone putting forward a name of a player without your constant scrunity of who is going to pay for it , how much will it cost, how do we get rid of someone to make room blah, blah blah.

the general

I reckon there will still be a bit of a clear out and another rebuild

5 or 6 players in and out to help get ready for  the next again season once promoted

13 hours ago, OTT said:

I recall blaming our poor recruitment on Murray, (since he's our head of recruitment, it makes sense) but apparently he has made suggestions which Levein hasn't taken up, Eamon Brophy for example. 

I'm not defending Murray at all, but I am suggesting there is plenty blame to go around for our frankly criminal recruitment. Despite the flack Austin got he did bring in our most solid signings - Lafferty & Smith, to a lesser degree Washington, Esmael, Hughes done a job too, Tziolis looked a player too (just shite attitude). I'm not saying Levein/Murray were 100% wrong with all our recruitment (McLaughlin was good as were many others, Souttar etc.) Just that broadly speaking we're talking about mostly getting it wrong, than mostly getting it right. Motherwell for example have much less resources than us, yet generally speaking get it right more often than not and have managed to sell a player each window for a decent fee. We're lucky if we've sold 2 players for more than £1m. (I actually just think its Sow? (£1.5m) Esmael and Lafferty were both sub £500k and beyond that I'm struggling to think of many more sales..).

Its absolutely the time for a fresh face in the recruitment department. You cannot have such sustained failure and expect to be kept on. I had heard he was supposed to be retiring, but that seems to be persistent rumour which refuses to come to fruition :( ).

Ultimately the blame must lie firmly with the person signing  the players put forward. If said person is not happy with the standard of players being suggested then perhaps the problem lies within the Scouting Dept and changes should therefore be made to improve.

But if the standard of players being suggested does not meet what the Manager is looking for then there is no obligation to sign them especially on long term contracts.

Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

The talent was clear to see as last season progressed. Been a critic myself in the past but he has all the attributes to be a really good player. 

I'm sure Robbie will want to keep him. 

He’s a very good player. He will go on to prove that at a higher level. We either keep him or we only sell for a fee that will make a big difference to us. Suppose it depends what a “six figure sum” is. Quite a wide scope there. I just don’t see the point in bringing in players with great potential, playing them when they are struggling, then selling them for low sums as soon as they start to realise that potential. 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You are right he did play his best football there,  however I genuinely don’t think He is a right back. To weak defensively, positionally he isn’t where he should be far to often though I conced that statement could apply to our entire back 4. I still think he could be a ten who drifts out wide with little to no defensive responsibility 

Like Jamie Walker is supposed to be? His fanboyz won’t like that. Sean Clare to be branded as a weakling again, to protect him. 🙄

Ibrahim Tall

‘6 figures’ is a pretty big variance, if it’s £100k it’s pointless selling him. If it’s £900k he’s not a huge miss in the championship.

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

What higher level is Clarey going to play in Mothy?

We will just have to wait and see, I suppose. Certainly a lot better than failing miserably at Wigan would be my guess.

15 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If Murray is only recommending 5 players per position than that is the most pointless role in history.What is his remit?What is Hearts signing policy?

We knew it was signing players with injury problems or issues.That worked out well.

I could type in left wingers aged 23-27 on transfermarkt right now and pick 5 players then  watch their YouTube highlights and pick who I thought was best.

I would have thought that the Head Scout's role is to be constantly on the look-out for talent at all age groups and trying to find the next player that could net the club a decent fee in the future.

It's not just about scouting for first team prospects. 

You make a point about injured players which was mentioned in the TV Documentary the other night about Klopp at Liverpool and their signing policy.

I am not for one minute suggestion that we can emulate them and their signings however when looking at a potential player one of the first tjuings they look at is the players injury history. How many they have had and how quickly they have recovered. Can they comfortably play three games per week, have they got the stamina to cope?

I very much doubt we ever look at much to do with this sort of thing and it shows in the number of players we have had out injured. As we all know sometimes it is just bad luck and we have maybe had more of that but I would really question whether we do look at these sort of stats before signing a player.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Good grief resorting to playground stuff now. My Dad's bigger than your Dad.

Grow up and just accept that not everyone is prepared to take your constant requirements for factual financial back-up for every payer suggestion.

There is nothing wrong with someone putting forward a name of a player without your constant scrunity of who is going to pay for it , how much will it cost, how do we get rid of someone to make room blah, blah blah.

You should stop butting in unnecessarily like a nosey old woman.

There is everything wrong with putting forward suggestions names that could be unrealistic and unaffordable.  We need to live within our means so we don't have a repeat of admin.  If you don't agree, I'll put forward the names of Messi, Ronaldo and Eduardo.

I shall continue to call out unrealistic suggestions and if it bores you, you'll understand how people got brassed off with your constant, unrelenting anti hero crap blah, blah, blah.

PS - You can also put me on ignore.

24 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Well it would be nice if he did, seeing as how he’s a striker.

Keena alongside Sammon. 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

You should stop butting in unnecessarily like a nosey old woman.

There is everything wrong with putting forward suggestions names that could be unrealistic and unaffordable.  We need to live within our means so we don't have a repeat of admin.  If you don't agree, I'll put forward the names of Messi, Ronaldo and Eduardo.

I shall continue to call out unrealistic suggestions and if it bores you, you'll understand how people got brassed off with your constant, unrelenting anti hero crap blah, blah, blah.

PS - You can also put me on ignore.

Putting you on ignore would spoil the fun Al.

I'd love to keep Clare, but I guess it might come down to what we need from the squad, and what the player wants to do with his career in the short term. One thing's for sure, get a sell on clause on him as part of any deal if he returns to England.

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

He’s a very good player. He will go on to prove that at a higher level. We either keep him or we only sell for a fee that will make a big difference to us. Suppose it depends what a “six figure sum” is. Quite a wide scope there. I just don’t see the point in bringing in players with great potential, playing them when they are struggling, then selling them for low sums as soon as they start to realise that potential. 

Like Jamie Walker is supposed to be? His fanboyz won’t like that. Sean Clare to be branded as a weakling again, to protect him. 🙄

I'd love to keep him, but it might be difficult to do so if his head is turned by an offer from down south. It might also be difficult to turn down a few hundred £k. His attitude last season was 2nd to none and he was by far our most improved player - he just got his head down and worked his arse off and I've got bags of respect for him for that. From being cheered off the park when he was subbed to getting a standing ovation when he was red carded - it's been a great transformation to see, and I'd love to see him crack on and improve even more. A season in the Championship where he's one of the better players might do his confidence a world of good as well.

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would have thought that the Head Scout's role is to be constantly on the look-out for talent at all age groups and trying to find the next player that could net the club a decent fee in the future.

It's not just about scouting for first team prospects. 

You make a point about injured players which was mentioned in the TV Documentary the other night about Klopp at Liverpool and their signing policy.

I am not for one minute suggestion that we can emulate them and their signings however when looking at a potential player one of the first tjuings they look at is the players injury history. How many they have had and how quickly they have recovered. Can they comfortably play three games per week, have they got the stamina to cope?

I very much doubt we ever look at much to do with this sort of thing and it shows in the number of players we have had out injured. As we all know sometimes it is just bad luck and we have maybe had more of that but I would really question whether we do look at these sort of stats before signing a player.

Liverpool are in a position to be that choosy, we aren't which means that either were can get guys of a certain standard who are and always have been injury free or we take our chances with guys of a higher standard that have had injury issues.

Just now, Ribble said:

Liverpool are in a position to be that choosy, we aren't which means that either were can get guys of a certain standard who are and always have been injury free or we take our chances with guys of a higher standard that have had injury issues.

If you read my second last paragraph I think I covered the point you are makiing.

loveofthegame

Clares contract up at the end of the season, no way he’ll sign a new one, if we’re offered anything north of £250k I’d take it. He has talent but has done next to nothing in his two years, playing his part in a hopeless side, and has largely (until it was too late) shown the heart of a field mouse. I’ll lose no sleep over his departure. 

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, loveofthegame said:

Clares contract up at the end of the season, no way he’ll sign a new one, if we’re offered anything north of £250k I’d take it. He has talent but has done next to nothing in his two years, playing his part in a hopeless side, and has largely (until it was too late) shown the heart of a field mouse. I’ll lose no sleep over his departure. 

All about opinions I suppose.

Sean Clare was excellent last season imo and I'll be gutted if we lose him.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Was it not rumoured clare was on a decent wage?

There was a complete idiot who was trolling for a while, saying he was on £10k a week. Is that what you mean?

Hungry hippo

Would be sad to see Clare go and we'd really miss him despite what some think.

Will depend on how much we get offered and how much Clare wants to stay or go.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Good point about his contract, and seeing how Neilson is looking for two wingers and our plethora of number 10s I don’t see where he fits in to the team. Decent fee and sell on clause and good luck to him. 

4 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

The guy came here after a major injury and was flung in early, in a new city, in a new league. He was abused by morons as he struggled for consistent form. He eventually overcame his mental health issues and started showing his ability regularly. Some however think mental health problems are a “weakness”.

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

There was a complete idiot who was trolling for a while, saying he was on £10k a week. Is that what you mean?

£10k a week 😂😂😂

He'll be on £3k, max.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good point about his contract, and seeing how Neilson is looking for two wingers and our plethora of number 10s I don’t see where he fits in to the team. Decent fee and sell on clause and good luck to him. 

You have to think about the sort of quality we will be able to bring in in the Championship, for a truncated season... seriously doubt we will get one, never mind two players as good as Clare is. Yes, we have other number tens, it’s just unfortunate none of them are as good as Clare is. Unless that’s the position Naismith will be playing in.

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Utter nonsense that somehow has done the rounds by people in pubs enough that it’s believed when, as I say, it’s utter nonsense.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

You have to think about the sort of quality we will be able to bring in in the Championship, for a truncated season... seriously doubt we will get one, never mind two players as good as Clare is. Yes, we have other number tens, it’s just unfortunate none of them are as good as Clare is. Unless that’s the position Naismith will be playing in.

That’s where I envisage Naismith or Walker playing, he’s said he wants two wingers in, the quality of which might be ok as there’s tons of out of contract players. Clare has never had a run at 10 which is a shame. If we don’t sell him now and he leaves for nothing next summer the club will be criticised. I think certain players will need to be sold, it’s rarely the guys you’re happy to see leave.

11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yeah tho i don't believe that figure for a second but one of the higher paid players

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Utter nonsense that somehow has done the rounds by people in pubs enough that it’s believed when, as I say, it’s utter nonsense.

Exactly.

33 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Putting you on ignore would spoil the fun Al.

Except you don't think it's funny, bubbling like a wee lassie.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s where I envisage Naismith or Walker playing, he’s said he wants two wingers in, the quality of which might be ok as there’s tons of out of contract players. Clare has never had a run at 10 which is a shame. If we don’t sell him now and he leaves for nothing next summer the club will be criticised. I think certain players will need to be sold, it’s rarely the guys you’re happy to see leave.

Rather keep him and have a very good player, and he leaves for nothing, than sell him now and bring in two players of what will likely be questionable ability.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Gordon Ramsay
13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Really showed his heart of a mouse when he buried that penalty at Easter Road. 

Just absolute pish that simply isnt true. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Rather keep him and have a very good player, and he leaves for nothing, than sell him now and bring in two players of what will likely be questionable ability.

We really should have enough to get up without any problems, if Neilson wants to sell him and get two others to play in the way he wants to it will happen regardless of what any of us thinks. I think we should wait to see who we sign before questioning their ability.

Edited by Pasquale for King

31 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Exactly.

Really want Sean Claire to stay, makes it much easier to spot folk on here and at games that have never played football at any level whatsoever and have 'learned' about football from watching the EPL on Sky Sports