dazajmbo

Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

PapaShango

Good luck to Ben not the worst left back we have had recently and unlucky with the injury. I liked him but with the number of left backs we had was probably better for both that he left. I think Kingsley will be first choice this season and from what I have seen so far I like the look of him. 

RM2607
10 hours ago, bairds93 said:

Ben Garuccio has re-signed for Melbourne City today. Season starts on December 27th.

I preferred Garuccio to White but maybe this was the easier/cheaper contract to terminate. He did well in his last spell in Melbourne though, and it's a great place to live so I'm sure he'll be happy enough to be moving back home and to be playing regularly. 

SectionFJambo

It makes sense, Garuccio was out of contract in the summer, was never getting a new deal. This lets him get home, quarantine and start the season for them.

I'd be surprised if this has cost us much at all if anything whereas White is going to struggle to play on beyond this contract. 

Zen Jambo

Wrong thread

Edited by Zen Jambo

Wee Mikey
On 12/10/2020 at 11:50, Uncle Buck said:

Michael Smith is gash now :rofl: 

Isn't he just? 😆

SARCASM ...  👍

Edited by Wee Mikey

Chuck Berry

Aidy White must be on a shoogly peg, and hopefully we can ease Damour off the payroll soon, and probably Zlamal.

Bring in a striker, and no need to go daft in the next transfer window.

8skacel8

Harry Stone has joined Stirling Albion on loan. They had a keeper crisis similar to St Mirren.

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Harry Stone has joined Stirling Albion on loan. They had a keeper crisis similar to St Mirren.

Also Hearts twitter hinting he has signed a new contract

Lone Striker
12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Also Hearts twitter hinting he has signed a new contract

Great move by Robbie &  JJ to offer Harry out on loan ..... and absolutely superb news if he's signing a new contract.    :jambobanana:

Gav M

1st team football is what he needs this season, do well and come back to challenge for the #1 spot next season

jr ewing

Some challenge. 

jamboinglasgow

He starts today, making his professional debut. Good luck Harry.

SectionFJambo

His comment on twitter makes it sound it was a very emergency loan and just a single game. 

Really needs to be out playing football. Covid probably makes it difficult to loan him out though and keep him training full time safely due to bubbles. Can't see us shifting Zlamal now so third choice covered.

kila
1 hour ago, SectionFJambo said:

His comment on twitter makes it sound it was a very emergency loan and just a single game. 

Really needs to be out playing football. Covid probably makes it difficult to loan him out though and keep him training full time safely due to bubbles. Can't see us shifting Zlamal now so third choice covered.

The reason we signed Stewart was because Stone was injured. It's good he's able to play so soon, maybe they weren't expecting it?

bazman
2 minutes ago, kila said:

The reason we signed Stewart was because Stone was injured. It's good he's able to play so soon, maybe they weren't expecting it?

Stone needs to be playing if he's going to be challenging for first team any time soon.  Craig Gordon went on loan for 3 months aswell and it set him up 

Thomson1874

Has been an excellent window for hearts. Robbie knew exactly which positions we needed to strengthen in and done exactly that.

Think the only thing we failed to do was move Damour on. I expect Doyle will be loaned out again until the end of his contract and we'll run with Gordon, Stone and Zlamal when Ross Stewart goes back to Livi. Although I wouldn't mind bringing in Stewart permanently as third choice if we managed to shift Zlamal!

soonbe110
1 minute ago, Thomson1874 said:

Has been an excellent window for hearts. Robbie knew exactly which positions we needed to strengthen in and done exactly that.

Think the only thing we failed to do was move Damour on. I expect Doyle will be loaned out again until the end of his contract and we'll run with Gordon, Stone and Zlamal when Ross Stewart goes back to Livi. Although I wouldn't mind bringing in Stewart permanently as third choice if we managed to shift Zlamal!

I’d imagine we will run with Gordon, Stone and Stewart from January. 
Doyle and Booby will leave in January. Contracts  up next summer so agents already working on next steps. 

Thomson1874
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Doyle and Booby will leave in January. Contracts  up next summer so agents already working on next steps. 

Good to hear! I expected Doyle would find another loan deal but wasn't sure if Bobby was going to be a bit stubborn. 

Gordon is the perfect mentor for Stone and Stewart looks like a great third choice on a low wage - looked solid enough against Raith - and has already made more saves than Pereira.

Kiwidoug

Is anyone itk about Damour?  Is he even training?  Is he busting a gut to contend for a place?

Could it be that he's lost interest in playing altogether and with his long contract, we're his retirement fund?  That's as bad as Butcher and McCoist's gardening leave.

jambocub
6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Bobby was out yesterday trying to work on his kicking with gallagher . he'll be hoping his agent's no got it on video it was horrendous

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, kila said:

I thought it was a 6 month loan for Stewart?

steve123

As mentioned above I think Stone needs to be playing, get him out on loan for the rest of the season in preparation for next.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, jambocub said:

Bobby was out yesterday trying to work on his kicking with gallagher . he'll be hoping his agent's no got it on video it was horrendous

It’s taken this long to realise he can’t kick the ball 🙈

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I thought it was a 6 month loan for Stewart?

It is, he will go back in January unless it’s extended and/or if we get rid of Zlamal/Doyle. 

Saint Jambo
19 hours ago, kila said:

Pretty much all happening in line with the plan Neilson outlined for Stone in mid-August

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-reveals-long-term-plan-make-hearts-teenager-harry-stone-no1-2944784%3famp

17 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if either Doyle or Zlamal leave permanently in January. Feels like people having been suggesting that will happen for several windows now. Given the next contract they sign will probably be on lower terms than their current contracts, I'd expect both to see out their final 6 months, leaving on loan at best. There will be more teams in the market for keepers next summer than in January.

Diadora Van Basten
7 hours ago, steve123 said:

As mentioned above I think Stone needs to be playing, get him out on loan for the rest of the season in preparation for next.

I think you need to be careful with keepers as it’s not a lot of fun if your playing in a team with a rotten defence. It’s actually easier to play in goals at a higher level than a lower level.

bazman
12 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is anyone itk about Damour?  Is he even training?  Is he busting a gut to contend for a place?

Could it be that he's lost interest in playing altogether and with his long contract, we're his retirement fund?  That's as bad as Butcher and McCoist's gardening leave.

He's been carrying an injury and it's set him back seemingly. Was on his Instagram the other training in the gym. 

RM2607
On 18/10/2020 at 04:13, jambocub said:

Surely the ship has sailed at 33y old or whatever he is? Canny see us coaching out his flaws now! 

Ribble
20 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think you need to be careful with keepers as it’s not a lot of fun if your playing in a team with a rotten defence. It’s actually easier to play in goals at a higher level than a lower level.

Keepers need experience of both good and bad defences, the good allow for experience of only being called upon a few times a game which develops concentration, playing behind a poor defence develops other parts of a keepers game, reading when defenders aren't getting there, shot stopping, one on one's, coming for crosses/corners etc

Stone has the physical and technical attributes, what he lacks is experience of playing first team football and the pressure that comes with that, imho the only downside to this loan is that he's not having to deal with the pressure of playing in front of supporters which would have helped steel his mentality for the future 

jambocub
2 hours ago, RM2607 said:

Surely the ship has sailed at 33y old or whatever he is? Canny see us coaching out his flaws now! 

I don't know maybe he practice's a lot but it's first time I've saw him one on one with his kicking

jambonian
19 hours ago, jambocub said:

Euch! Gallacher! 

He should've been punted along with the rest of the coaching staff. This is the guy who's "trained" Zlamal, Doyle & Perreira the last wee while. He was a bit-part goalkeeper himself  throughout his career at a number of clubs, how he got the Hearts gig is anyone's guess.

RM2607
2 hours ago, jambocub said:

I don't know maybe he practice's a lot but it's first time I've saw him one on one with his kicking

Fair enough and good on him for working on it of course - it is good to see him putting in the effort even though he's clearly lost his place in the team, but you'd think that at 33 his ability is what it is and that he's probably not going to get any better.

It just doesn't compute with me when a professional footballer - even a goalkeeper - can't kick a ball accurately. I mean I'm pretty confident that even I could kick a ball from the 6 yard line up to the half way line and land it roughly where I wanted to. And I'm pish. 

Gav M

I noticed in the article after the Raith game Robbie commented on Ross Stewart as coming in as the #2 goal keeper, 1st time I've seen any mention of keeper ranks below Gordon

wavydavy
On 18/10/2020 at 16:08, bazman said:

He's been carrying an injury and it's set him back seemingly. Was on his Instagram the other training in the gym. 

Even fully fit I can't see this guy doing anything with us other than trying to see out his contract.

bazman
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Even fully fit I can't see this guy doing anything with us other than trying to see out his contract.

Yes and no. I don't seem him playing much however as a footballer you want to play so if he doesn't play it will be due to neilson

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, bazman said:

Yes and no. I don't seem him playing much however as a footballer you want to play so if he doesn't play it will be due to neilson

Might find it difficult to break into the side if we continue our winning ways. FWIW I think he’ll do fine in the championship. 

wavydavy
3 hours ago, bazman said:

I think if he doesn't play it will be because Robbie doesn't rate him and he is not showing the right attitude and desire to play.

Some "Footballers" are not that bothered if they play or not so long as the money is still coming in.

JamboAl
56 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think if he doesn't play it will be because Robbie doesn't rate him and he is not showing the right attitude and desire to play.

Some "Footballers" are not that bothered if they play or not so long as the money is still coming in.

No amour for D'Amour, Davy?

wavydavy
9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

No amour for D'Amour, Davy?

I don't think he has any for HMFC just the pay cheque.

KyleLafferty

I read somewhere that on the ball he's one of the best in training, just turns like a double decker bus and slow AF.

DETTY29

It is bizarre that some one who had a decent 'energetic' season with Cardiff, be so off the pace in Scotland.

Or apparently rated by a task master in Warnock can now be seen as an unprofessional lazy so and so.

RM2607
29 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I read somewhere that on the ball he's one of the best in training, just turns like a double decker bus and slow AF.

Couldn't quite believe it myself, but he's looked excellent in some of the training videos that have been posted on social media. Quick feet, sharp, skilful... The sort of stuff that was making me think he might be worth giving a 2nd chance. 

Dunno though. Just something about him that I don't like. I hate how he was openly talking about wanting to leave and stuff and about being above us, when he was so utterly pish. 

jr ewing
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

It is bizarre that some one who had a decent 'energetic' season with Cardiff, be so off the pace in Scotland.

Or apparently rated by a task master in Warnock can now be seen as an unprofessional lazy so and so.

Game is too quick for him up here and nothing is going to change that. 

DETTY29
50 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Just comes over as far too dozy on the ball.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Is the game really slower in the English Championship?

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Just comes over as far too dozy on the ball.

This is exactly his problem. His dithering on the ball cost us three crucial goals in my recollection, that was the difference between being demoted and survival.  

mintmyster

I remember Damour giving away 2 or 3 unnecessary penalties last season as well.

ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Walker, Clare and Djoum are three players recently dismissed by some as lazy. It's a lazy accusation really. There has to be more to it with Damour. As others have said the Championship is a very competitive league and Warnock is a very competitive manager. It could be the curse of the long contract when he arrived here. He maybe got too comfy too soon and thought he would stroll it up here, like many much, much better players have especially with the OF. 

ToqueJambo
16 hours ago, wavydavy said:

The Romanov era opened my eyes to that. There definitely are players who just want to make as much money as they can in a short career and are happy to move clubs every year to do it. A long contract is their holy grail. Everyone should read the book about Carlos Kaiser, the Brazilian who conned his way into multiple contracts in Brazil and Europe and never played a game.