Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Anyone else concerned about White and Kingsley's previous injury records?

I quite likes Garuccio and he wouldn't have been my 3rd choice from the 3 we have available.

Saying that he was no world beater and we can get by without him but have we left ourselves exposed with two guys with a proven history of questionable fitness?

I did prefer Garruchio but he was probably the easier of the two to offload.

White will be gone at the end of this season anyway so he’ll just continue to be a bit-part player until his contract expires.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Correct. He's been poor so far this season  Still doesn't look fit. Hopefully he'll improve when he does.

Runs about a lot, runs about a lot

9 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Agreed. I’d be looking to play 3 at the back against Hibs in the semi. Smith Halkett Kingsley vs Nisbet and Doidge. Would allow Halkett to be the spare man. Only worry would be our wing backs though. Don’t rate Brandon or White / Frear. Moore could maybe do a decent job though on Boyle

I'd play Popescu as Right CB with Smith RB 

1 hour ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Le absolute dugshite

It's actually 'la' because dogshite is feminine.  Whereas unspecified shite is masculine.

7 minutes ago, WageThief said:

It's actually 'la' because dogshite is feminine.  Whereas unspecified shite is masculine.

Quite interesting that. I'd have thought canines would have been masculine. Every day's a school day.

11 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Think we've only got Zlamal, Doyle, Haring and Popescu left who don't have a British passport. Must be getting ready for brexit :lol:

I've applied for a UK passport on behalf of Haring, and requested a post-Brexit deportation of Zlamal & Doyle.

Not sure the photos I've submitted for Haring will be acceptable.  It would've been easier in hindsight if I'd got his permission. 

41 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Runs about a lot, runs about a lot

He does. He definitely puts in an effort. Seems to run out of steam before the end of games though. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

Quite interesting that. I'd have thought canines would have been masculine. Every day's a school day.

I was mucking about (excuse the pun). Although stupid things like that do exist in french.  Colour is feminine, but each separate colour (eg. blue) is masculine.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He does. He definitely puts in an effort. Seems to run out of steam before the end of games though. 

Aye, certainly tries 100%.

Gordon Ramsay
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He runs about a lot but his legs don't seem to take him anywhere. He's very slow, quite weak and doesn't seem to have much positional sense. I'm struggling to find any attributes. Started the last 3 games and the only positive thing he contributed was winning a foul off that Raith tit with the shit hair. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

5 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I was mucking about (excuse the pun). Although stupid things like that do exist in french.  Colour is feminine, but each separate colour (eg. blue) is masculine.

Haha. I knew they had stuff with masculine and feminine. I fell for that one.

Edited by GinRummy

10 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

He never played Right back he played wing back and was told to get forward more where he was very effective. A right backs job is to defend as part of a back 4. Depending on other players in the team a wing back could spend most of his time in oppositions half. 

Fair enough and I agree however I was responding to a post that tried to prove Clare was a better right back than Smith using goal scoring stats. Although I wasn't a Clare hater my view is that Smith is a far superior and reliable right back and offered more to the team in general. 

10 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Ben was better than Aidy White. Surprised he's not the one we punted.

Sure Levein said White is on a good wage and we only got him because he was injured and not completely Aidy White.  I don’t think many clubs will want him or AFC Fylde pay that kind of money. 

Garuccio is a far better player than Aidy White however he was probably far easier to unload than Aidy White. Its all about saving money at the minute.

8 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He runs about a lot but his legs don't seem to take him anywhere. He's very slow, quite weak and doesn't seem to have much positional sense. I'm struggling to find any attributes. Started the last 3 games and the only positive thing he contributed was winning a foul off that Raith tit with the shit hair. 

Don't disagree. Needs to improve massively.

Gimme an H...
11 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

White has been decent in the recent games.

Naw he's no...

If that is the standard for 'decent' we're in trouble.

25 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Sure Levein said White is on a good wage and we only got him because he was injured and not completely Aidy White.  I don’t think many clubs will want him or AFC Fylde pay that kind of money. 

hmmm not sure mate. I thought he was on a low basic but with addons / bonus payments - games played, clean sheets etc - hence why we took a punt on him. He'll know it's last chance saloon at a big club and Robbie seems to be giving him a chance....

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Agreed. I’d be looking to play 3 at the back against Hibs in the semi. Smith Halkett Kingsley vs Nisbet and Doidge. Would allow Halkett to be the spare man. Only worry would be our wing backs though. Don’t rate Brandon or White / Frear. Moore could maybe do a decent job though on Boyle

I think if it’s 3 at the back in the semi it will be Smith in the middle of the three, and Brandon at RWB. Kingsley is the best option to look after Boyle. Smith will hopefully be able to negate Nisbet in behind and Halkett/Popescu can battle with Doig. 

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

hmmm not sure mate. I thought he was on a low basic but with addons / bonus payments - games played, clean sheets etc - hence why we took a punt on him. He'll know it's last chance saloon at a big club and Robbie seems to be giving him a chance....

We didn’t pay players on those terms last year, remember the chat about changing it to what you’ve listed there this summer?

14 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Wage freed up for a striker? 

It is strange that we don't have  #9

I'm not sure I buy that nobody wanted that number. 

I always thought Ben was a tidy player. But maybe not cut out for the battles we'll be facing this season.

Good luck to him.

12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Would like us to sign a RWB tbh. 

Smith Halkett Kingsley,

as a back 3 is the perfect balance imo. 

Frear and White can play Lwb. At Rwb we've only really got Jamie Brandon or Lewis Moore and I couldn't comment on Cammy Logans abilities to play there as he's only played for us a couple of times.

I think that's maybe the weakest area of the squad if we want to play a back 3.

RWB Vets over 50's  only one jambo in the team    (Royal Wooton Bassett)

Royal Wooton Bassett Town Vets Over 50;s.jpg

Edited by moonraker

16 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Have a feeling that might change. No knowledge - just a hunch.

16 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Have a feeling that might change. No knowledge - just a hunch.

My son seems to think Goncalves has an agreement to return, I would be very surprised after the racism allegations but he would stroll the championship

37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We didn’t pay players on those terms last year, remember the chat about changing it to what you’ve listed there this summer?

yeah - do recall that. I'd assumed White was an exception to the package structure from last year due to his injury history

23 minutes ago, lou said:

My son seems to think Goncalves has an agreement to return, I would be very surprised after the racism allegations but he would stroll the championship

One of our most underrated strikers in recent seasons. His goals to games ratio stands up well against any of our recent strikers.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

yeah - do recall that. I'd assumed White was an exception to the package structure from last year due to his injury history

As opposed to Souttar, Naismith, Uche or any of the other crocks we signed up? The old payment scheme was based on players that were injured being paid the same as everyone else. I wonder what money obsessed injury prone charlatan came up with that idea 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

37 minutes ago, lou said:

He's just signed for an Indian team

Jamboscanbevicius

Glad to see Garuccio away. He seemed a good lad and wish him all the best, but we don’t need 3 senior LBs, so it frees up budget and space in the squad.

With the exception of Damour (who’s looking like the new Malaury Martin) Robbie’s had one helluva clear out 👏

Edited by Jamboscanbevicius

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As opposed to Souttar, Naismith, Uche or any of the other crocks we signed up? The old payment scheme was based on players that were injured being paid the same as everyone else. I wonder what money obsessed injury prone charlatan came up with that idea 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

hmmm - did Soutter (possibly), Naismith and Uche have an injury history when contracts were given to them? I don't Naismith, Uche (any / many others) were signed in such circumstances. Think it was well known Aidy White was coming back from a bad injury and hadn't played much prior to joining us.

bit like Kingsley I think? - although Kingsley way further down the recovery route than white when joining us. 

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Garuccio is a far better player than Aidy White however he was probably far easier to unload than Aidy White. Its all about saving money at the minute.

Whoever was left, they'd only be seeing game time if Kingsley is injured or needed at CB. Maybe the odd cup game.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

hmmm - did Soutter (possibly), Naismith and Uche have an injury history when contracts were given to them? I don't Naismith, Uche (any / many others) were signed in such circumstances. Think it was well known Aidy White was coming back from a bad injury and hadn't played much prior to joining us.

bit like Kingsley I think? - although Kingsley way further down the recovery route than white when joining us. 

Naismith has has injury problems all his career, we gave him a 4 year contract after having him on loan for 18 months where he played about 30 games. We gave Uche a new contract when he came back from his injury, he’s had at least one every year of his career. 
Souttar had just come back from injury when he signed an extension, the other two in this picture have had their share of problems too. It was like a rehab clinic for guys to get a second chance at making at which our former gaffer didn’t. 
Let’s hope Kingsley won’t be another jinxed LB. 

09971E98-BEC6-4AAD-A94E-A1ABAC57D3C4.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Naismith has has injury problems all his career, we gave him a 4 year contract after having him on loan for 18 months where he played about 20 games. We gave Uche a new contract when he came back from his injury, he’s had at least one every year of his career. 
Souttar had just come back from injury when he signed an extension, the other two in this picture have had their share of problems too. It was like a rehab clinic for guys to get a second chance at making at which our former gaffer didn’t. 
Let’s hope Kingsley won’t be another jinxed LB. 

09971E98-BEC6-4AAD-A94E-A1ABAC57D3C4.jpeg

fair play 👍

4 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

You are correct ... his is a contract weighted to appearances.  

3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Maybe clutching at straws here but is it possible the player we had with no. 9 left after the numbers were already handed out? Either way, it's a very handy number to have spare and there are a lot of strikers on Transfermarkt.com that we could take a look at.

4 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Probably true man I got mixed up with Levein saying he was out of our league fully fit but that does indicate he won't be at the lower end of the wage bracket: https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17752481.aidy-white-league-without-nightmare-injury-says-levein/

I liked Isma Gonçalves. He didn't hide if he missed a chance and got stuck in again. I remember him chasing a winger all the way back to our left-back area and he put in a great tackle to stop that player getting a cross into the box. Great engine and he scored a few decent goals as well. Who cares if he missed a chance or two? He didn't let it get him down, he carried on trying again. When he arrived I thought he'd be here long-term. But that's not a regular thing in modern football anymore, unfortunately. And when you see some of the shite we've had to endure since then he wasn't as bad as some like to make out.

9 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I liked Isma Gonçalves. He didn't hide if he missed a chance and got stuck in again. I remember him chasing a winger all the way back to our left-back area and he put in a great tackle to stop that player getting a cross into the box. Great engine and he scored a few decent goals as well. Who cares if he missed a chance or two? He didn't let it get him down, he carried on trying again. When he arrived I thought he'd be here long-term. But that's not a regular thing in modern football anymore, unfortunately. And when you see some of the shite we've had to endure since then he wasn't as bad as some like to make out.

The funny thing is a lot of the criticism he got was for being lazy and disinterested.

Not how I saw him and I agree I thought he was definitely worth keeping in the team and would have been a good signing had he came back however I’d imagine his wages would be quite steep.

When things aren’t quite going to plan fans are quite quick to look for a scape goat. Isma suffered from this but there’s countless others. The irony is the same people who slated them then are the first to say we should get them back now. Strange how these things work.

White is something we’ve had far too much of recently. A theoretically good player. All these guys that are theoretically good but turn out to be shite. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

The funny thing is a lot of the criticism he got was for being lazy and disinterested.

Not how I saw him and I agree I thought he was definitely worth keeping in the team and would have been a good signing had he came back however I’d imagine his wages would be quite steep.

When things aren’t quite going to plan fans are quite quick to look for a scape goat. Isma suffered from this but there’s countless others. The irony is the same people who slated them then are the first to say we should get them back now. Strange how these things work.

I don't know if i'd be desperate to get him back, however I wouldn't have been disappointed if he had returned. I'd have probably been quite satisfied with it.

I always found it strange that some folk said Goncalves was lazy. I never saw that once. Ok, there were games where he maybe lacked a bit of movement but who's to say that wasn't a Levein tactic? We all know Levein played zonal and wasn't keen on players moving away from where he told them to be. Milinkovic got the brunt of Levein's howls once or twice for daring to have the audacity to try and create something away from the part of the field he was to be at. Gonçalves hasn't been the worst forward we've had over the last four years or so, far from it. A goal-scorer is very hard to find and we probably could've done with someone like him in the team last season, not just for some goals but for his inkling to try to get involved in a game, and not hide.

Glamorgan Jambo

I’d be utterly shocked if Isma returned but I thought in his very last game for us (vs them) he was outstanding. Led the line really well and got torn in with quite a few tasty challenges.

Gimme an H...
34 minutes ago, Tazio said:

White is something we’ve had far too much of recently. A theoretically good player. All these guys that are theoretically good but turn out to be shite. 

Precisely.

We could do with signing some proven SPFL level players who know the leagues and are hungry to win and prove themselves.

As much as I hate to say it but every time I see The Shite linked with a player I'm asking myself why we aren't in for him. Now, granted they don't always work out - but either does are recent signing policy...

Knowing what Scottish football is all about is a headstart alot of our recent (Levein) signings didn't have.