Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

PhoenixHearts
On 08/10/2020 at 14:12, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Best line up:

Gordon

Smith        Halkett           Popescu         Kingsley 

Irving             Haring

Ginnelly               Walker               Roberts

Boyce/Nais

Funnily enough I just threw this visual together of my favoured lineup, then I came on here and see a fair few seem to agree to that exact same 11. It seems so obvious, almost reassuringly so, but it doesn't mean much unless Robbie agrees. 

hmfc best 11.png

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

Funnily enough I just threw this visual together of my favoured lineup, then I came on here and see a fair few seem to agree to that exact same 11. It seems so obvious, almost reassuringly so, but it doesn't mean much unless Robbie agrees. 

hmfc best 11.png

Looks really good. You were the kid at school who had the huge pack of different coloured felt tips and always had a spare pen. 

When I visited Uganda in 2011/12 I asked about the big man. General opinion was “he’s alright, but not very good”. I suggested he was quite technically sound to a barman in one of our hotels... he actually laughed out loud. 😄

Ryan McGowan was training with Reserves today and was in Riccarton. Don’t know if it’s with a view to signing or just for match fitness 

heartsfc_fan
5 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

Ryan McGowan was training with Reserves today and was in Riccarton. Don’t know if it’s with a view to signing or just for match fitness 

I think he had/or has a family home in Loanhead still. Probably just a local convenience for him I'd imagine.

27 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

Could give him a deal till january when berra will be fit and hamilton will back back, doubt he'd be expensive

2 hours ago, martoon said:

According to wiki Obua has retired. Now coach of Ugandan Premier League club, Maroons FC. 

Who play in a prison. 

rudi must stay
41 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

Has a two year deal with Sydney so not available even if we wanted him 

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

I’d absolutely love that, another 100% every minute of every game player who can play just about anywhere

55 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I think he had/or has a family home in Loanhead still. Probably just a local convenience for him I'd imagine.

His mrs and kids stayed over here when he went back to finish the season so will be purely fitness before he goes back

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Who play in a prison. 

Aye, I noticed that. Started out as Prison FC and they're still connected to it. 

vlad on the tyne
On 08/10/2020 at 09:25, Thomson1874 said:

So this is how our squad looks after the transfer window movement. A lot of players out of contract at the end of this season so will give Robbie a good chance to work out who he wants to keep and also rebuild for the premiership.

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022
- Bobby Zlamal - 2021
- Ross Stewart - Jan 2021 (Loan)
- Harry Stone - 2021

Right Backs
- Michael Smith - 2021
- Jamie Brandon - 2022
- Cammy Logan - 2023

Centre Backs
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022
- Christophe Berra - 2021
- John Souttar - 2022

Left Backs
- Stephen Kingsley - 2021
- Ben Garrucio - 2021
- Aidy White - 2021

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Olly Lee - 2021
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Andy Halliday - 2022
- Andy Irving - 2021
- Harry Cochrane - 2021
- Loic Damour - 2023

Wide Midfielders
- Jordan Roberts - 2022
- Elliott Frear - 2021
- Josh Ginnelly - 2021 (Loan)
- Lewis Moore - 2022
- Euan Henderson - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Steven Naismith - 2023
- Craig Wighton - 2021

Away On Loan;
- Colin Doyle (Jan) - Kilmarnock - 2021
- Chris Hamilton (Jan) - Dumbarton - 2022
- Connor Smith (Jan) - Arbroath - 2022
- Leeroy Makovora (Jan) - Brechin - 2021

Players who have left;
- Aaron Hickey
- Anthony MacDonald
- Bobby Burns
- Uche Ikpeazu
- Conor Washington
- Sean Clare
- Callumn Morrison
- Clevid Dikamona
- Oliver Bozanic
- Donis Avdijaj
- Daniel Baur
- Marcel Langer
- Steven MacLean
- Toby Sibbick (Loan Expired)
- Ryotaro Meshino (Loan Expired)
- Joel Pereira (Loan Expired)
- Alex Petkov

- Rory Currie
- Kelby Mason
- Dean Ritchie
- Jay Nwanze
- Brodie Strang

Frightening how many players that have been recruited and been a complete waste of time and money. 

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Aye, I noticed that. Started out as Prison FC and they're still connected to it. 

Read an article about them a while ago. Crazy set up.

Currently the team plays at the 1,000 capacity Luzira Maximum Security Prison Soccer Field.[

Edited by GinRummy

2 hours ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Frightening how many players that have been recruited and been a complete waste of time and money. 

Nice to see CL left us in a good place.

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

I’d take Gowser back in a heartbeat. Seriously underrated Hearts player.

:wub:

Hmmm. Hibs being utter pony + his hatred of the ***** kind of hid how poor he was. He was an average footballer with a big heart. Hoping the ship has sailed on this one.

Caught the 2nd half of the Dunfermiline V Falkirk game with Morrison, Gomis, Keena & Sammon in the Falkirk squad.

Suffice to say, we haven't made a mistake letting any of them go!

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Caught the 2nd half of the Dunfermiline V Falkirk game with Morrison, Gomis, Keena & Sammon in the Falkirk squad.

To be fair to Gomis, he is 35 now. 😄

51 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Hmmm. Hibs being utter pony + his hatred of the ***** kind of hid how poor he was. He was an average footballer with a big heart. Hoping the ship has sailed on this one.

Did anyone else from the class of 2012 hold his own at a World Cup Finals?

Seriously though, Gowser is a decent player.

8 hours ago, iainmac said:

Saw it as well. Dunfermline looked a far better team. They’ll do well in the championship imo. 

On 05/10/2020 at 22:59, DC_92 said:

Yeah, I read Barry's article on Friday too mate. 👍

To be fair to Bongo it appears the Kingsley signing was pretty much agreed a couple of months ago.  Just waiting on Hickey move to complete.  Certainly according to Scotsman article today. 

20 hours ago, indianajones said:

Obua was on an absolute fortune when at Hearts by the way. Staggering amount of money for a player of his ability. 

The rumour I heard, totally unsubstantiated by the way, was he was on £12k A ****ING WEEK!!!!

11 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Did anyone else from the class of 2012 hold his own at a World Cup Finals?

Seriously though, Gowser is a decent player.

I can see why people talk him up . He makes up for his lack of ability with great attitude , bit like Paterson

Except Paterson is a much better player

3 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

The rumour I heard, totally unsubstantiated by the way, was he was on £12k A ****ING WEEK!!!!

Not quite that much but it isn't far off. I was astounded. 

7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Not quite that much but it isn't far off. I was astounded. 

I didn't believe it at the time I was told but I heard it from 3 different sources, 1 when he was with us and 2 after he was away.  No wonder we lost money hand over fist!

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I didn't believe it at the time I was told but I heard it from 3 different sources, 1 when he was with us and 2 after he was away.  No wonder we lost money hand over fist!

Did we not make a profit?

6 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Nothing like it. Just over half that amount. 

On 09/10/2020 at 23:08, Beast Boy said:

I’d take Gowser back in a heartbeat. Seriously underrated Hearts player.

:wub:

Same. Think he'd actually be a good signing, can cover RB & CB well. Always loved Gowsers attitude too. 

Heard something or just a throwaway comment?

8 hours ago, OTT said:

Same. Think he'd actually be a good signing, can cover RB & CB well. Always loved Gowsers attitude too. 

Heard something or just a throwaway comment?

Just a throwaway, mate. I think folk are a bit harsh on him.

Mr Brightside

Depending on the Austrialian seasin could we loan him until January?

I feel we are very short on centre halfs until Berra is fit again.

On 08/10/2020 at 23:52, BackOfTheNet said:

I know a few people indicated earlier in this thread they’d like O’Donnell and some even think he’ll sigh when his contract with Motherwell expires in January. Proved again tonight he’s a heap of a huddy. One of the worst players to get so many caps for the national team.

He'd be head and shoulders above any RB at Hearts.

13 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Depending on the Austrialian seasin could we loan him until January?

I feel we are very short on centre halfs until Berra is fit again.

No as our window shut

38 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Rate Smith higher, but would probably still take. Brandon hasn't looked too bad though. Would like to see us give Brandon a chance to stake his claim this season. If he does enough for Robbie then have no problems going into next season with him. Obviously, its stupid to turn down a Scotland international. He's the best RB Scotland have so its fair to say we're not bettering him by much if we did have the chance but didn't go for it. 

I think we should really be looking at Declan Gallacher. Motherwell captain now, contract up at the end of this season and has already played with Halkett in a really strong Livi defence. Plus, Scotland international. He's 29, so may well have options down south, but he's not a promising young player, I think we'd be a very good option for him tbh. We want to get the best out of Halkett, so it makes a lot of sense to me tbh.

29 minutes ago, OTT said:

Rate Smith higher, but would probably still take. Brandon hasn't looked too bad though. Would like to see us give Brandon a chance to stake his claim this season. If he does enough for Robbie then have no problems going into next season with him. Obviously, its stupid to turn down a Scotland international. He's the best RB Scotland have so its fair to say we're not bettering him by much if we did have the chance but didn't go for it. 

I think we should really be looking at Declan Gallacher. Motherwell captain now, contract up at the end of this season and has already played with Halkett in a really strong Livi defence. Plus, Scotland international. He's 29, so may well have options down south, but he's not a promising young player, I think we'd be a very good option for him tbh. We want to get the best out of Halkett, so it makes a lot of sense to me tbh.

Gallagher will go to England for more than we can offer

32 minutes ago, bazman said:

Gallagher will go to England for more than we can offer

Sure English clubs can pay more, but it’s whether or not the interest is there. He’s 29, not an exciting 23 year old. 

Personally dont think he’ll have much interest at the level he’d want (Championship). I think we can compete well with League 1 clubs. 

I think he’s a diamond in the rough, unspectacular type of signing (a bit like Mikey Smith) no sell on potential but would help build up the spine and strengthen our defence for our return to the top flight. 

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Sure English clubs can pay more, but it’s whether or not the interest is there. He’s 29, not an exciting 23 year old. 

Personally dont think he’ll have much interest at the level he’d want (Championship). I think we can compete well with League 1 clubs. 

I think he’s a diamond in the rough, unspectacular type of signing (a bit like Mikey Smith) no sell on potential but would help build up the spine and strengthen our defence for our return to the top flight. 

He also attacked a man over the head with a baseball bat. I'm sorry if I am principled but dont want him representing Hearts.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Decent assist tonight (although how Dykes was in so much space to be found just outside of the six yard box I don’t know). Is he better than Brandon? Yes. Is he better than Smith? No. Is he the best we can do next season if we get back to the Premiership? No.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Decent assist tonight (although how Dykes was in so much space to be found just outside of the six yard box I don’t know). Is he better than Brandon? Yes. Is he better than Smith? No. Is he the best we can do next season if we get back to the Premiership? No.

M. Smith's good at Centerhalf but he doesn't offer much going forward. Easily replaceable.

O'Donnell is certainly much better in that respect, he can at least cross a ball. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

M. Smith's good at Centerhalf but he doesn't offer much going forward. Easily replaceable.

O'Donnell is certainly much better in that respect, he can at least cross a ball. 

But he can’t defend. There was that heat map one Scotland game and his average position was higher up the pitch than Forrest who was meant to be in front of him. And Lee can cross a ball, that alone can be helpful but it’s not enough of a contribution to the team on its own as Lee proved last time around.

We don’t need O’Donnell for this season (if we were looking to sign in January) and if we were to get to the Premiership and our budgets haven’t been put in peril by COVID come next summer then I’d certainly hope we’d be aiming at a higher level than he can perform at or at least a prospect with better potential.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But he can’t defend. There was that heat map one Scotland game and his average position was higher up the pitch than Forrest who was meant to be in front of him. And Lee can cross a ball, that alone can be helpful but it’s not enough of a contribution to the team on its own as Lee proved last time around.

We don’t need O’Donnell for this season (if we were looking to sign in January) and if we were to get to the Premiership and our budgets haven’t been put in peril by COVID come next summer then I’d certainly hope we’d be aiming at a higher level than he can perform at or at least a prospect with better potential.

Lee?

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He also attacked a man over the head with a baseball bat. I'm sorry if I am principled but dont want him representing Hearts.

Didn't realise that was him. Only 5 years ago as well. Could've killed the guy. What a scumbag. 

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

And now he’s getting Scotland caps. He was also jailed for it. So didn’t get away with it. Appreciate it wouldn’t be a palatable signing for some but if he was a problem then Clarke wouldn’t have him anywhere near the squad. 

This wage limit is a bit of a burden when you think that we brought in three wingers and so far, one had a good game then was shite, if  we could have doubled the wage and got a winger who,s decent most games, then we could have saved a third wage.